• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

Kerotan

Once you get to Act 3, there's Sun Fragments in each Biome to obtain to help you get the true ending.

There was an issue at one point where some of them didn't spawn, but I think that got resolved in a patch (someone can correct me if I'm wrong).

I got them all and started another playthrough to get to the true ending, but stopped. I will go back to it soon.
Just collected all the fragments now on biome 6 making my way to the boss again.
Yeah, you have to find all the Cyphers as part of completing the surveys for each location. It can get grindy because you have no control over the random layout of the levels each run, and some of the Cyphers are in rare rooms that you won’t see often. So you wind up having to restart biomes a lot of times to find them all.

The DLC adds new story scenes and endings! Again you have to fulfill certain requirements to get the true one.
I've all the fragments now going through biome 6 after doing all the house sequences and getting the keys.

I guess I'll see how the surveys go if it's worth the grind most of them are 90+% complete already.

Kerotan

So I found all 6 sun fragments. Seen the house sequence and beat the boss again for the next ending. I then did some more tower got the last poppy and then beat the tower phase 3 boss again to unlock the final ending. Man this game was so good and depressing.

I've done the two easiest surveys so now question is can I be arsed doing the other 4. I actually had to beat biome 3 boss again get a glyph I missed lol.

Update I managed to get 4 surveys done after a lot of speed running. Only biome 5 and 6 left now.

Last edited:

Kerotan

0WOh80J.jpg
Platinum!

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Is this supposed to be a part of their next game?
Looks like concept art as an inspiration for the designers. I wouldn't expect this to be a direct connection to their next game as mearly an insight into their daily work.

Just awesome to see the art and all these tiny little references they mention. Whatever they do right now it's gonna be wild.

Last edited:
Beautiful and insanely fun as always ❤️ The Tower was a brilliant addition.

I recently got the platinum after 2 years of playing on and off.
Congratz from the Platinum!

I'm not too far away from it either. If I recall I just need a few of those random collectibles.
I should fire the bitch up a once and awhile just like I did with Resogun on PS4.

Last edited:
For anyone interested in what Housemarque has been up to lately, they just uploaded Part 1 & 2 of their new podcast series on YouTube. No real info on what are they working on next, but you get to learn more about their studio culture.

Anyway, I'll just say that I'm loving this studio more and more.

Edit: Oops, didn't see that it has already been posted . :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Hrk69

I was vibing with the game until the first person hospital / house sections..

So I'm thinking about revisiting the game but I'm also wondering if there are jump-scares during the hospital / house sections? I can handle the creepy vibe but jump-scares are too much for me.

Last edited:

tommib

I was vibing with the game until the first person hospital / house sections..

So I'm thinking about revisiting the game but I'm also wondering if there are jump-scares during the hospital / house sections? I can handle the creepy vibe but jump-scares are too much for me.
There are no cheap jump-scares that I recall. Just a sense of existential dread in those sequences. What's worse is up to you.

Mephisto40

Still to this day never got past the first area boss due to getting frustrated with it kicking my ass over and over again, have they done anything to improve the balance or does this difficulty spike still exist? I haven't touched it since the week it launched

Last edited:
Still to this day never got past the first area boss due to getting frustrated with it kicking my ass over and over again, have they done anything to improve the balance or does this difficulty spike still exist? I haven't touched it since the week it launched
Did you turn auto aim full?
Change the dash and jump to L1 and R1.

Last edited:
Top Bottom