• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

cormack12

Gold Member
PSA: Don't wear the pre-order suits, they can lead to bugs where you get stuck in rooms because you can't interact with artifacts. - bender bender 5/01/21

jBuiX22.gif

8eELuBO.png

6YWHEav.jpg
ZTHzWtS.jpg

qAyWX15.png

abMJwmN.png

9LxuxNd.gif

ksy2h4F.png

6I2fr0w.jpg
o7QzBKQ.jpg

AUhXwE9.gif

e1i3DR7.png

ELtqmsy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Markio128

I’ve pre-ordered the standard physical edition and I can’t wait to play it! My dual sense and 3D headset are ready! I haven’t had much experience with rogue like gameplay, other than with Dead Cells, which was great, and Slay the Spire, which has become my fave iOS game of all time - ridiculously addictive.

DonJorginho

Banned
Or....you actually were interested in the first place.
Of course that can happen too! But a lack of people having hands on with the game didn't help this game's case when it came to pricing.

And many would associate Housemarque with the AA space so they needed to see proof that they could step up to releasing AAA titles.

These glowing previews mostly prove that the game is worth your money and a true AAA Next Gen Title, which is what the masses want.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
What marketing team? Most people have simply read or watched the glowing previews. On the contrary, this shows a good game doesn't need a marketing team to sell. Only good previews / reviews.
And who sets up the reviews and previews? Oh yeah the marketing team.

I ain't hating on this game btw, I have pre-ordered and am hyped! Just saying that it's quite obvious that the big rise in users wanting this game is due to the previews releasing which is a process which Marketing and PR have set up.

MrSarcastic

Banned
Of course that can happen too! But a lack of people having hands on with the game didn't help this game's case when it came to pricing.

And many would associate Housemarque with the AA space so they needed to see proof that they could step up to releasing AAA titles.

These glowing titles prove that the game is worth your money and a true AAA Next Gen Title, which is what the masses want.
Not so fast. These were previews, not reviews. Yes, they were pretty positive overall: a good start for the marketing push. But the real test it´s going to be when reviews drop.

vivftp

that's pretty late

IIRC Demon's Souls Remake also had the reviews drop a day before release and it walked away with a 92 MC.

Devs and publishers are probably more keen to push reviews closer to launch these days to get day 1 patches applied to the review copies, that's my guess at least. Still, I was wondering if Sony would do a dedicated State of Play for Returnal or not and was pleasantly surprised by the previews they opened up. The previews did SO much more in selling the game to folks than a dedicated SOP ever could and I'd like to see them adopt that model for more games going forward.

tommib

Preloading...

I've so much overtime at work i took off next friday.

Haven't done this in years.
Same here. Took Friday off as well. Last time I took holidays off for a game was for RDR2.

Debating if I should get the Pulse 3D headphones for this. I use my QC 35 II plugged in but wondering if the Pulse are better for 3D sound?

Top Bottom