• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reuters: US to change course on Climate Change (pulling out of Paris Agreement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BahamutPT

Reuters article

The United States will switch course on climate change and will pull the country out of a global pact to cut emissions, said Myron Ebell, who headed U.S. President Donald Trump's Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) transition team until his inauguration.

"(Trump) could do it by executive order tomorrow or he could do it as part of a larger package," Ebell told a conference in London on Monday. "I have no idea of the timing."

Myron Ebell led the EPA transition team (before the inauguration), but should be familiar with the administration's plans.

Reminder about some key goals of the Paris Agreement

Kill3r7

I can't say I am shocked. The writing was on the wall. Hopefully he is just a one term President and this nightmare will be over soon.

norinrad

Power has been given to very dangerous people and oh we will pay for it all of us, right now it doesn't matter where you live in the world. We are all currently fucked and the damage is going to be a long lasting one.

Poona

Screw Ebell and Trump. It is ridiculous how he put people in charge of departments in which they want to get rid of instead of help.

Putin (or someone else) better not let the US leave the Paris Agreement.

Future

Here comes the protests. His entire term is going to be nothing but scandal and protests.

His entire platform for president was scandal infused. Majority of eligible voters didn't vote against this controversy, so it is what it is. Thankfully there seems to be some kind of awakening now, but I wish this happened last year when he was saying the same shit

Xater

It's like clockwork these days. It seems like Trump and his cronies wake up and bad news pop up everywhere.

I thought there were clauses in it so they couldn't pull out easily?

Either way, hit the streets, Americans! This is unacceptable and will fuck over your future.

Time to stop protesting in the streets. Time to start protesting in courthouses and Capitol buildings. Sit-ins that stop work from being done.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Fuck Trump and his administration. I will be out there protesting this shit.

Who can I donate to?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Another sad thing is that this agreement wasn't even particularly powerful or binding to begin with; we can't even move forward on the bare minimum.

I swear its hard to even keep up with everything this dude has done so far. Before I can even finish saying "what the fu....", something else is happening. Someone have a week 1 recap?

I dont even know anymore. Fuck this guy.

This is me every morning in the last 10 days.

IO6NJMu.jpg

Trump and his administration need to be taken out of office immediately. They're proving once again they don't care about the well-being of their citizens.

Toxi

Banned
"Don't worry, our environment getting fucked up will just motivate people and spur the left-wing revolution we've all been waiting for!"

Woorloog

Banned
So, can other countries that do not deny climate change (ie every other country on Earth, even North Korea!) put some economic pressure on the US or something?
Yes, it would hurt others as well but is it possible to organize something that hurts the US more?

His entire platform for president was scandal infused. Majority of eligible voters didn't vote against this controversy, so it is what it is. Thankfully there seems to be some kind of awakening now, but I wish this happened last year when he was saying the same shit

Wrong.

UberTag

This may well have greater and more lasting consequence than anything else he does.

Fuck Trump so hard.
The fallout from November 8th's election vote will take decades to come back from.
And it may very well NEVER be possible "to come back from" the long-term damage that this administration causes.
It is by no means an absolute.

Haaahahha we're all going to die.

Blame the Democrats for running a candidate who ran around the world selling fracking. You know, that horribly toxic process which turns the water flammable! Whoo!

I can't say I am shocked. The writing was on the wall. Hopefully he is just a one term President and this nightmare will be over soon.

we can't wait for his term to end, we don't have 4 years to waste. we should have implemented drastic measures 40-50 years ago..

Trump is about to permanently fuck over the biosphere of the planet, with proud ignorance. he's basically the worst human of all time and needs to be stopped today.

Jokab

What the hell is this shit about executive orders? Seems like he can do whatever he wants and no one can stop him?

Linkark07

Banned
Trump and his administration need to be taken out of office immediately. They're proving once again they don't care about the well-being of their citizens.

This. This so much. Not only this is going to affect citizens from the US, this will completely fuck even more the entire world.

Impeach him or find another way to take him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom