• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reviews for The Revenant (DiCaprio, Hardy, dir. Iñarritu)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time since What's Eating Gilbert Grape convinces that he's the character himself rather than Leonardo Di Caprio trying really hard to be the character.

This time he's gonna win. There's little competition.

Couldn't really understand what Tom Hardy was saying though.

I think I can agree with that. I just never feel I'm not seeing Leo in any of his roles. Even This Boys Life.

injurai

Banned
Man Leo deserves some recognition, but with the whitewashing of the Oscars any award is going to have a bitter taste on it.

Man Leo deserves some recognition, but with the whitewashing of the Oscars any award is going to have a bitter taste on it.

It's really not. Whitewashing or not. He'll get it because it's deserved. Show me one role by a Black Actor that even comes close. I say that as a Leo Detractor.

Really disappointing. There was some nuggets of greatness in there, but enveloped in a story that didn't have nearly enough meat to justify the lengthy flourishing shots. Hardy was the standout, and I couldn't help but see the Ex Machina contest winner as the captain man.

Disappointing :(

Tom Penny

I'd give it a B. Incredibly simple movie but filmed well. The father son bond was not strong enough to make it feel like a great movie.

I liked it.
The bear attack was fucking intense.

Honestly I had to look away when
they were showing his fresh bear wounds
and I consider myself pretty good with that stuff.

Wensih

I'm rooting for it to win best picture this year. Make it 2 for 2 Inarritu!

Seriously, the cinematography was beautiful.

This movie was too long. Everyone stop making 3 hour movies Jesus christ. I thought it was alright, liked the birdman like close ups and the set up. Beautiful vistas, amazes me how they ever filmed this. The b plot was stupid as fuck especially the big reveal, wasn't necessary nor was seeing what the remaining men and Fitzgerald were up to, wish they had just stuck with glass the whole way through instead of cutting constantly to other people idgaf about. I had the "real life" story told to me prior to seeing this so it has kind of coloured my perception of the ending and some of the early bits. I didnt like those aspects. I recommend seeing it just for the beautiful cinematography and seeing leo get the shit kicked out of him repeatedly.

Lime

I wonder how much people being familiar with the plot in advance affected their enjoyment of the film. I didn't know anything going in to see this film and I didn't get bored, as I didn't know where the film would take me.

I'm glad I didn't see trailers or read reviews or anything.

Tom Hardy needs to stop having his face covered in movies....

Bane mask
Mad Max mask
Frontiersman beard

I can still make out what he says but it's getting ridiculous /s
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom