• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Tengoku Community Thread - Hey Baby, How's It Going?

I had already known by practice that my TV's input lag was pretty alright, but the first site helped me reaffirm that, so it works out pretty well!

Yeah, I found mine immediately and it was listed as "bad". :p Ah well.

I basically can't play Sm4sh but I don't know if it's worth getting another TV...just means I can't play Fever either.

I really oughta start up another playthrough of DS too, feels like it's been forever. I'm hot off of Best+ (well almost) and I've recently played through GBA and Wii. I don't necessarily want to pit them against each other since I think they're all really great, but... I'm kinda curious to see if they still stack up the same for me, lol.

I've read somewhere that
there are more endless games, for example one based on the fruit basketball game. I would be interested in learning how to unlock those.

As far as I know, this isn't a thing. A screenshot of the games with the hearts from the Challenge Train Life Rule was probably mistaken for that.

Sorry for the double post, but in light of recent events, I figure now might be a good time to re-read the Iwata Asks for the series. I'm actually ashamed to admit that... looking at them now, they don't seem at all familiar, lol. I don't think I've read them before! So I definitely want to make sure I do now.

Iwata Asks: Rhythm Heaven (DS)

Iwata Asks: Rhythm Heaven Fever

And the Japanese only (for now) Iwata Writes: Rhythm Tengoku The Best+. I actually got about halfway through translating this before deciding I'm not confident I was properly conveying the sentiments expressed in the interview. So... I feel bad trying to put this on someone else, but if anyone feels up for translating it, I'd be super grateful (because it might be a long while before we see it officially translated).

daydream

Banned
two news tidbits:

1) the rhythm tengoku fanzine is up for preorder (which nets you some stickers), can't wait to grab a copy in september! most of the art i've seen has been fantastic and having a physical copy in my hands will be the best way to enjoy that

2) with homebrew now being possible on all 3ds devices (new and old), as well as on the most recent firmware. playing the best + has become super easy and affordable. i'm glad i got sidetracked by rl stuff, otherwise i probably would have dropped the cash on a jp 3ds by this point. as it stands, i'm super stoked to import a copy of the game next month and finally get in on the hotness!

daydream

Banned
just my luck that my three favourite songs from the original didn't make it in

maybe because they would require localisation as opposed to most original rt games, hm

daydream

Banned
well, fuck

what's going on with the best+, guys

do they still need more time to show off localised footage? cause not bringing it over would make zero sense

Glowsquid

I have a feeling when Chris Pranger ran his mouth about localization costs and fanbases not realizing they're too niche, he was (at least partially) talking about the Best+.

Fever didn't do well in the west and The Best+ would be more expensive to localize (much more text, vocal songs, all the games from the original game would need to be translated...). I already wasn't holding my breath, and this has pretty much killed any latent hope I had left.

GooeyHeat

the dream seems pretty dead at this point, huh. :/

how hard is The Best+ for somebody with zero Japanese knowledge? I know there's a story mode, which certainly doesn't help.

daydream

Banned
but, they must recognise that fever was a very late wii title that dropped with little to no promotion

gold should be the reference when gauging the viability of localising the best +

staying semi-optimistic , i guess. treehouse is probably super busy with other games right now

arghghghgh

being frank, i don't think things are looking good. but one year turnaround is still the norm for the series, and hell, we just got a DQ7 localization announced. who can really say

but, they must recognise that fever was a very late wii title that dropped with little to no promotion

gold should be the reference when gauging the viability of localising the best +

staying semi-optimistic , i guess. treehouse is probably super busy with other games right now

arghghghgh
TB+ would drop at a similar point in the console life cycle as Fever (and GBA) which is probably making them gunshy.

Glowsquid

Neoxon

There is a leak that has surfaced recently, and neogaf user Neoxon has a good reasoning pointing to one of the unknown 3ds games being rhythm tengoku.

Grain of salt and everything.
I should note that, as updated in my post, Cadillac was confirmed by another known leaker to be for Style Savvy. So if anything, Rhythm Heaven Plus would have to be Caviar F if we're getting it this year.

At this point it's just a matter of when they'll announce a release date. Picross 3D 2 already got rated for Europe so I'm assuming NoA and NoE are waiting to have all their eggs in the basket when they drop their next Nintendo Direct bomb.

daydream

Banned
i actually fired up rhythm tengoku a couple hours before the direct in an act of hope/desperation/???

also played some advance wars shortly after

i'll take a 50% success rate

Decided to finally boot up my unplayed copy of the GBA game in preparation of Megamix!

I started this series with Wii and ended up working my way backwards :p

Edit: Uhhhh, do I have to do anything in particular to save? I deleted the save data already on the cart and played a bit, then turned the system off, and now that I've come back that previous save data is back.

Well I was just keeping my DS turned on and plugged in so I didn't have to power off and I got up to the quiz game, and then I bumped the DS and it froze and starting making a crackling sound so I had to reset it.

And we're back to that old save file again! Yay!

So is there a save option somewhere or is the auto save on this cart I bought off ebay busted?

daydream

Banned
Well I was just keeping my DS turned on and plugged in so I didn't have to power off and I got up to the quiz game, and then I bumped the DS and it froze and starting making a crackling sound so I had to reset it.

And we're back to that old save file again! Yay!

So is there a save option somewhere or is the auto save on this cart I bought off ebay busted?

must be busted, the game should auto-save

Timeless

Decided to finally boot up my unplayed copy of the GBA game in preparation of Megamix!

I started this series with Wii and ended up working my way backwards :p

Edit: Uhhhh, do I have to do anything in particular to save? I deleted the save data already on the cart and played a bit, then turned the system off, and now that I've come back that previous save data is back.
I worked on a neat translation of the first game. Check it out.

The "reset save data" prompt is in the options (bottom menu item), under the Stereo / Mono switch. You have to confirm it at least once, and I think the default is "no". I haven't tested it that much... I wouldn't think that RH is popular enough to be bootlegged, and it seems like a weird error for a cartridge to have.

I definitely recommend importing if possible, but if you cannot reasonably, there are ways that you can look up to make the rhythm more doable - I don't remember how to do it, but I tried the fan translation and did what a friend told me to do and I can actually do the Bon Odori, which I remember was the hardest one.

Top Bottom