• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick James is dead.... =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all know what needs to be put on his tombstone.

(RIP Rick, you awesome bastard you.. I'll never forget that clip of you being crazy on that morning show)

Pimpwerx

Heard it on the radio today. :( He was just getting a career revived again too. Rest in peace, Superfreak. :( PEACE.

Rick-James-99.jpg

"I'm Rick James, bitch."

nitewulf

havent heard anything else aside from superfreak. but superfreak is pretty much the most awesome party song ever.
RIP, man.

nitewulf said:
havent heard anything else aside from superfreak. but superfreak is pretty much the most awesome party song ever.
RIP, man.

he was also the producer of Eddie Murphy's timeless classic "Party all the Time".

tt_deeb

I was watching BET awards the other night (not sure if it was live or not) and he was on there and did the whole "I'm Rick James, bitch" and the whole crowd went insane laughing. Pretty cool to watch.

On topic, yeah, this is still sad news though even though I don't know much about his carreer aside from the hit "Super Freak"

Mike

Saint Cornelius said:
He also married the woman in question and remained with her until his death. The guy might not have been a saint by any means, but he's fucking dead now - how about letting him have a bit of peace?

Incorrect.

"In 1993 he was convicted in two separate cases of assaulting women. The first case occurred in 1991, when prosecutors said James and his girlfriend tied a woman to a chair, burned her with a hot crack pipe and forced her to perform sex acts during a cocaine binge at his West Hollywood home.

James was free on bail when the second assault occurred in 1992 in James' hotel room."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040806/D849UMQ00.html

i think the 2nd time, the woman tried to attack his pregnant wife so he beat the shit out of her. As for the first time...cocaine is a, well, you know...

nitewulf said:
RIP, man.

Oh my God man! You need to pick up one of his greatest hits CDs quick. I mean off the top Fire and Desire, Mary Jane, Cold Blooded, Give it to me Baby, and You and I put Superfreak to shame.

Some of you on here are fucking assholes, seriously a man dies and you're out making jokes, what a bunch of fucking assholes.

Pimpwerx

Easy. I think Rick would have been one of those guys to have a laugh at his own funeral. I don't think it's so bad. And I too lol at the comment about the live feed from hell. I don't think anyone means it seriously. I think Chappelle Show has made put Rick James in everyone's heart now. :) PEACE.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
EdLuva said:
Even though Rick may not have lived the best life, these jokes about him after his death are jacked up. :(

Agreed 100%.

Infact I find this whole thread to be in poor taste and consequently should be locked.

The guy was a fucking pop-super icon but you bitches are too young to reckanize.

Jim Bowie

It's a shame. Rick James was a talented guy.

But now people will stop saying "I'm Rick James, bitch." That's the only positive.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Jim Bowie said:
But now people will stop saying "I'm Rick James, bitch." That's the only positive.

Sheeet. If anything, this will only increase the "I'm Rick James, bitch." occurrences. It's become part of this country's consciousness.

Leon

An old woman had her head sawed off by a chainsaw her husband dropped on her, and the entire thread about it consisted of jokes. A few (mostly plagiarized) quips at Rick James and panties are all up in a bunch.

Mmh..

mrmyth

I'm 30. Rick played in my house throughout my entire childhood. I'm old enough to recognize the talent.

And he still would've laughed at these jokes. Even on drugs, he had the ability to laugh at himself. Hell, he had the ability to laugh when he was sober about how he was on drugs.

P.S. Mary Jane is his best song EVARRRRR.

Diablos

Well, Rick James probably took comfort in knowing he inspired probably one of the most popular comedy skits in the history of television. Not only that, he took part in it, and brought laughter to millions across the globe. "I'm Rick James, bitch" is gonna be around for a long, long time :D

belgurdo

Banned
Leon said:
An old woman had her head sawed off by a chainsaw her husband dropped on her, and the entire thread about it consisted of jokes. A few (mostly plagiarized) quips at Rick James and panties are all up in a bunch.

Mmh..

People think they'll get something out of respecting someone famous, no matter how fucked up they were off the stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom