• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Ronin is the best selling Koei Tecmo title to date

Draugoth

Gold Member
rise-of-the-ronin-ps5.webp

──There was also a topic in the earnings announcement that the start of the game was stronger than that of "Nioh".

Mr. Yasuda:
Ronin" is currently the best-selling Koei Tecmo title so far.

Source

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I don't think they make a lot of stuff that sells more than 2 million. It's possible? Could also be some statement about best selling in this time period after release, since he says "so far." I think Hyrule Warriors sold around 4 million.

ungalo

They wanted to sell 5 millions so it's probably not good enough given what it cost.

I was interested initially but didn't buy it in the end, i really don't like where they went with this game.

Still have to pick this one up, but I'm happy for Koei Tecmo since they're one of my favorite publishers. Their dev studios (Team Ninja, Omega Force, and Gust) have been consistently releasing good games for years now.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

It's not like the best game ever but I'm enjoying it. Bought on the days of play sale.

This is one of those games I don't get the unanimous loathing for, like the graphics aren't even that bad 🤣 just terrible pop in I'll agree.

But the combat is smooth albeit simple from their other titles but still gives more challenge then most games in this genre 🤷‍♂️

It's not like the best game ever but I'm enjoying it. Bought on the days of play sale.

This is one of those games I don't get the unanimous loathing for, like the graphics aren't even that bad 🤣 just terrible pop in I'll agree.

But the combat is smooth albeit simple from their other titles but still gives more challenge then most games in this genre 🤷‍♂️

I read a lot of gripes about graphics but I played for a good amount of time and thought the graphics were pretty good 🤷‍♂️

GymWolf

Gold Member
Gamers are thirsty for that Ghost itch
And this one does so many things better than ghost, but not everything.

Only graphic, platforming controls, horse, art design, music and atmosphere are better in tsushi imo (important things for many people no doubt)

Characters are kinda on par, but i think ronin has just more of them and i like the villains more here, at least they don't turn into scared bitches when their time comes.

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
I read a lot of gripes about graphics but I played for a good amount of time and thought the graphics were pretty good 🤷‍♂️
I think it can look really good but only on quality mode. Frame rate is unbearable for most people but I don’t mind it.

Game will look good on PS5 pro with unlocked quality mode.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I don't think the game is gonna look much better on pro tbh.

But if they can get rid of the pop in, lock the framerate and give 4k res it would be very nice.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Game is really great but crippled by its visuals and performance.

Would've been huge otherwise.

It got the sales Nioh deserved tbh. Nioh and Nioh 2 are much better games

I tried with Nioh but it's just to hard. Maybe I could beat it today since I've beaten most souls games even ones I couldn't beat before (bloodborne) but I'm not surprised most people didn't want to play Nioh.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I think that if we manage to get the below at 4K, locked 60 and no traversal stutter, we’re looking at very fine looking game:

The game can look kinda nice but the art design does the heavy lifting, like in tsushima.

The texture work and details in most locations are just not there (especially indoors) and i don't think team ninja is gonna remake new textures for the pro version.

Also, i'm a much bigger graphic whore than you tommi :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

The problem with this game is it dragged on a bit too long and by the end of it the cast of characters was way, way too big. Does Nioh have this problem too?

To which date? Last week?

All time? I find that very hard to believe.
I doubt the best Koei Tecmo game sold more than 2.5-3mil. Regardless, Rise of the Ronin has shown great legs since launch. It will be this generations Days Gone. Ignored by critics but gamers really enjoy it. My favorite single player game this year

Last edited:

Aion002

I don't think they make a lot of stuff that sells more than 2 million. It's possible? Could also be some statement about best selling in this time period after release, since he says "so far." I think Hyrule Warriors sold around 4 million.

They usually slowly reach 1 million plus on their main games. For example: they shipped/sold digitally 7 million units of the Nioh games by 2022, 3.5 million of Hyrule Agent of Calamity by 2021 and 3 million of One Piece Musou 4 by 2023.

However, Wo Long sold 1 million units (even though it also launched on gamepass) quite fast for a KT game:

I guess Rise of The Ronin is surpassing Wo Long and will probably reach or surpass both Nioh games combined according to their expectations.

Top Bottom