• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of The Ronin: New Gameplay Released | State of Play

FrankWza

Just insert this game in my veins already.

But seriously, I'm so fucking hyped for this one. Everything looks so damn cool, the flying, the grapling, the combat, heck yeah :lollipop_squinting:
This looks right up my alley. Action-RPG and historical setting. Can’t wait.
I don't see how someone can look at this and not want to play the shit out of it.

Elios83

Day one. Looks a great step up from the Nioh games that I loved with tons of variety. They're mixing Sekiro with Nioh and Assassin Creed.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I think this looks really good and fun to play. Historical setting and Sekiro-like combat with focus on parrying. Been excited for this game a lot lately, which I find odd because I didn't care for Nioh at all and Team Ninja is a B-tier studio to me. But Rise of the Ronin looks dope. Maybe this will be the game to convince me TN can produce hot shit.

Last edited:

ungalo

I really really hope it doesn't bomb. I think it looks good, like a good effort from Team Ninja. I don't want them to go back making small annual games forever.

Aion002

Looks amazing, the gameplay seems to be a mix of Nioh , Wo Long and Way of The Samurai... Which talking about Way of The Samurai, they mentioned player choices that impact the story...

Lets Go Goal GIF by UEFA

Probably my goty, alongside Stellar and FFVII Rebirth.

DeepSpace5D

This is actually the first trailer for Rise of the Ronin that piqued my interest on the game. Combat looks very fluid and bloody, the open-world looks large, but the old school hang glider-looking thing (I think they called it an Avicula?) looks like a fun way to get around.

Also thought it was cool to see towns with citizens going about their day so it’s not just combat only the whole time.

Everything looked good apart from the visuals. Some parts looked nice but other parts looked PS3 level. No big deal though as long as the game itself is good to play.

Last edited:

zapper

I'm sure it will be beautiful to play but I hoped it would improve technically, these graphics are really hard to digest in 2024...

You know.. I glanced at the thread to see the general reaction and a lot dunking on visuals. I'm thinking yeah whatever normally it doesn't bother me and I watched a bit of the trailer, looks like a PS3 Assassin's Creed game from the short bit I saw. Will double check this later on my computer. I'm still not sure the graphics actually bother me, moreso surprised the thread wasn't actually full of hyperbole.

Solidus_T

Day 1. I was a little scared it would move more in the direction of Wo Long, but now that I can see that it's essentially open world Nioh with jumping and airborne moves, it's a certified banger. The graphics are the least of my concerns.

Last edited:
Top Bottom