• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Ronin | Preview Details

Xtib81

I’m watching the latest footage, and got to wondering how an older, pre-gen game like Ghost of Tsushima looks a lil’ better than this brand new Rise of the Ronin game?

Was Rise of the Ronin supposed to come out on the PS4 and then get bumped?

Is Sucker Punch, who made Ghost of Tsushima, a bigger/better studio than Team Ninja who made Rise of the Ronin?

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter. As long as the gameplay is good.
'A little better' ? Lol, tsushima looks MUCH better. Rise of the ronin looks dated as hell. I reckon the game will shine in the gameplay department.

Last edited:

NT80

Like a lot of devs they seem to have an engine they are comfortable with and aren't chasing visuals as the highest priority. Why is it more of an issue here than From Software?
In this case it's a current gen only game coming out in 2024. If new From games in the future were to show no real visual upgrade I think it would be disappointing.

Mr Hyde

The trailers looks cool, traversal looks cool, combat looks cool, but when developers are laying down bullet points like this regarding content, it just makes it feel bloated and full of filler shit. Like "Bonding missions", huge eye roll 🙄 probably gonna wait for a sale on this.

Fabieter

In this case it's a current gen only game coming out in 2024. If new From games in the future were to show no real visual upgrade I think it would be disappointing.

As long as Robin looks better than their last game whats the problem. Dont expect elden ring 2 to look like the next last of us.

This game looks fine

IAmRei

rise-of-the-ronin-screenshot-yokohama-4K-en-28mar23

• Play as a work-for-hire warrior (Ronin), called a "Veiled Edge"
  • Protagonist is a set character with a "fleshed-out backstory"
  • Freely explorable Japan: Yokohama, Kyoto, and Edo (Tokyo) with countryside and rural areas between cities
  • More grounded historical drama compared to Nioh and Wo Long; expect to meet real figures like Sakamoto Ryōma and Yoshida Shōin
  • Features decision-making and convos with multiple dialogue choices, a first for a Team Ninja game
  • Your decisions throughout the game will have an effect, multiple endings
  • Bond Missions: Helping specific characters to improve your relationship
  • Variety of weapon styles: katanas, polearms, guns, parrying, setting katana on fire for extra damage
  • Team Ninja says to expect the same tough challenge as their previous games
  • Rise of the Ronin will have multiple difficulty options
Via: Shinobi602

Full Article: https://www.gameinformer.com/previe...-its-first-open-world-where-you-shouldnt-kill
Seems interesting enough. Im afraid i dont have much time as my small backlog this year could disminish my small time. Will try if i have a chance.

Rural area is my thing lately. Im glad if it will be presented in open world games.

Hohenheim

Sounds great!
Very happy to see this:
  • Team Ninja says to expect the same tough challenge as their previous games
I'll make a coin toss to decide which game to start on march 22th between this and DD2.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I’m watching the latest footage, and got to wondering how an older, pre-gen game like Ghost of Tsushima looks a lil’ better than this brand new Rise of the Ronin game?

Was Rise of the Ronin supposed to come out on the PS4 and then get bumped?

Is Sucker Punch, who made Ghost of Tsushima, a bigger/better studio than Team Ninja who made Rise of the Ronin?

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter. As long as the gameplay is good.

A little? GoT looks a generation better, at least in terms of open world vegetation etc. And the answer I guess is that Team Ninja's internal tech kinda sucks (much like From's), whereas Sucker Punch's is great.

John Wick

A little? GoT looks a generation better, at least in terms of open world vegetation etc. And the answer I guess is that Team Ninja's internal tech kinda sucks (much like From's), whereas Sucker Punch's is great.
A generation better???
Have you seen the finished game?

Gojiira

Definitely hyped for this one, but DD2 is one of my most wanted sequels so RotR will have to wait :(
To all the people whinging about graphics though just stop…You have a choice, either push graphics and get a shallow gameplay experience, or have really polished gameplay with a graphical hit. Polished gameplay is the only correct choice.

GoT gameplay is a masterpiece in the genre (in lethal or very difficult settings). You can have both, I don't understand this dichotomy at all.

From is on another level but it wouldn't hurt if they also improved their graphics, more so when their games have such artistic quality.

Top Bottom