• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riz Ahmed in talks to join the Venom movie.

(NOOO, RIZ DON'T DO IT)
While details on Ahmed’s role have not yet been revealed, sources say that he’ll be playing a popular Marvel Comics character. Sony had no comment on the casting.

Sony has already made it clear that “Venom” will play no part in the Spider-Man universe, and that the film will stand on its own.

Scott Rosenberg (“Jumanji”) and Jeff Pinkner (“The Dark Tower”) will write the script for “Venom,” with Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach producing the movie, along with Amy Pascal. Palak Patel and Eric Fineman are overseeing the project for Columbia Pictures.

“Venom” is set to hit theaters on Oct. 5, 2018.

NOT THIS WAY, RIZ, NOT THIS WAY.

Sanjuro

Well now I'll have to watch this

1Kb5BIr.gif

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Scott Rosenberg (“Jumanji”) and Jeff Pinkner (“The Dark Tower”) will write the script for “Venom,” with Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach producing the movie, along with Amy Pascal. Palak Patel and Eric Fineman are overseeing the project for Columbia Pictures.

8c9ec37bf5002dbd10215a730be5bb91.jpg

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
One of the other top sites says that he ISN'T going to be Carnage.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/venom-movie-2018-riz-ahmed-talks-star-1028304

The Rogue One: A Star Wars Story star is in talks to join Sony's Venom, the studio's first spin-off in a shared universe based on Spider-Man characters. Ahmed's character is being kept under wraps, but insiders say he would not be playing the villain Carnage, which Sony has been looking to cast. Sources say he was considered for the role before script changes were made.

Das Ace

Fucking Sony Pictures will never change...

Strax

I hope all movies are good but Riz has been breaking out as a possible leading man in movies for the next 20 years so I hope he'll get something better then Jamie Foxx got in ASM2

I hope all movies are good but Riz has been breaking out as a possible leading man in movies for the next 20 years so I hope he'll get something better then Jamie Foxx got in ASM2

I would love for Riz to become a leading man, but I just don't see that happening except for a small film or the rare big film where they need a Muslim and/or Pakistani in the lead.

Top Bottom