• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City was developed over 3 years, and the studio has no plans for a sequel or DLC

Draugoth

Gold Member
robocop-rogue-city-foi-desenvolvido-ao-longo-de-3-anos-e-o-estudio-nao-tem-planos-para-uma-sequencia-ou-dlc-102395.jpg

Recently the game's director, Piotr Łatocha, participated in an interview and revealed some information about the game, confirming that RoboCop: Rogue City took 3 years to make.
Are there any plans to add more content to the game? Maybe more side quests, DLC, or potential plans for a sequel?

Piotr: Not at this moment, but only time will tell.

Can you tell us how long the entire development cycle took?

Piotr: The game was developed for around 3 years in total.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
If you guys are dying for more Robocop content, buy the new documentary limited series that just came out. Small film studio, but they clearly went all out. Interviews with virtually everyone involved in making it, nice production values.

RoboDoc. Worth every penny for fans.

Last edited:
Surprised / not surprised to hear they are not working on dlc as they've already got job listings for another action project. Which you assume will be another 80s classic franchise.
Red Dawn co-op shooter PLEASE I will suck them off.

I want to play as all of the iconic actors and take back Calumet!

StereoVsn

Surprised / not surprised to hear they are not working on dlc as they've already got job listings for another action project. Which you assume will be another 80s classic franchise.
Let’s do it, “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” will be a perfect fit here! 😉

Denton

I am playing it right now. It is fantastic. But still it kinda makes me want a fullblown AAA sequel, that would include bigger Detroit than just one neighborhood, that would let me drive the cruiser, that would have better facial animation and additional NPC animations and behaviours.
Hell I would not say no to a Robocop game on Cyberpunk 2077's scale.

But of course, given the budget and teamsize Teyon had to work with, they did incredibly well.

00_Zer0

I doubt they could get the license for Alien/Predator from Disney, but it would be amazing none the less.

YuLY

PERFECT.

They need to continue doing more IPs like this. Would love Blade Runner, Judge Dredd, Die Hard, Timecop. It would be a shame to just do a sequel.

Senua

I am playing it right now. It is fantastic. But still it kinda makes me want a fullblown AAA sequel, that would include bigger Detroit than just one neighborhood, that would let me drive the cruiser, that would have better facial animation and additional NPC animations and behaviours.
Hell I would not say no to a Robocop game on Cyberpunk 2077's scale.

But of course, given the budget and teamsize Teyon had to work with, they did incredibly well.
Agreed, I so wanted to drive the Ford Taurus! Was a huge balls moment the first time I realised it was just a cutscene. I really enjoyed the game though and I think with more budget the team could really shine.

So they mean to say that they will actually develop a new game, in a new setting, with original ideas, opposed to milking 1 game for 7+ years which gets stale after the first DLC?

If only big publishers would have the courage to be creative once again “sigh”

Episode 4 Drama GIF by Cruel Summer

phant0m

Awesome. Loved Robocop, would probably enjoy a sequel but if the studio would prefer to take on another franchise I am perfectly happy to see what they do. Industry has enough milking of anything mildly successful.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
That's fine.

I want the devs to tackle the next 80's action franchise.

Say ... Escape from New York?

Js562

Game is good and I hope for some dlc. The devs still need to patch it up too still bugs here and there

jason10mm

Gold Member
Loving Robocop and have Terminator up next.

Lots of good ideas for a new game, so what is the magic sauce these guys bring over all the other lame IP grabs?

1. Immersive environment and nostalgic atmosphere for an 80's view of the times/future
2. Bringing back familiar characters and honoring them with new stories
3. Hitting the sweet spot with member-berry call-backs and familiar touchstones
4. Solid action that evokes the over the top gratuitous violence of the film
5. Good pacing that never wastes your time, keeps things interesting even in a small reused space, short side quests that add flavor
6. Competent shooting with a good variety of weapons and enemies that don't over stay their welcome
7. Enough RPG elements to increase personal choice but not overwhelm
8. A distinct lack of "go to glowing dot on map to collect 1 of 50 trinkets" or overly complex skill/equipment economy

Dredd, I think, could be a lot like Robocop. Die Hard could emphasize the action but where would the story go? Replay Nakatomi, pick up before or after Dulles, mix in the "Simon says" elements from DH3? Lethal Weapon likewise feels too focused on Riggs, though a Hardline type game with those characters could be fun, maybe Miami Vice? (though there are several neon 80's cop games now). I like Universal Soldier, that seems like it would fit the action RPG model as well. Escape from New York/XXX city would also be ripe for their "80's vision of the future" design. My vote would be They Live though, I feel like there is enough new ground to break with that plot and with the glasses some novel ways to replay levels seeing new things.

I'd love a proper Dredd game.

And I imagine with Robocop, devs were limited in terms of discretion concerning the IP. I suspect they'd get a much longer leash on something like Judge Dredd.

Still working my way through Robocop. Damn fine time.

Top Bottom