• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

darknil

Well, so my first disappointment with the game was that my singstar wired mics (USB) don't work. They are not mentioned in the compatibility guide but it says all wired USB mics work, so.. well..

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have the game yet, but what's up with the EU PSN store (Austria/Germany to be exact) barely having any legacy DLC? I can't image the songs are available via the in-game store but not the regular one. Also that reddit spreadsheet is US-only I assume? I found exactly 22 of my old songs that I could download, past the letter 'C' there's almost nothing.

Does anyone know how to initiate the Dow download for the pre-order bonus songs on Xbox One? I entered the code Amazon sent on the website, go to my Xbox One and nothing is downloading.

Raide

Does anyone know how to initiate the Dow download for the pre-order bonus songs on Xbox One? I entered the code Amazon sent on the website, go to my Xbox One and nothing is downloading.

If you Menu button the game and Manage Game, the DLC should populate on that next page for you to Download and Install. It is a little borked at the moment, so I would probably wait till they iron out some issues.

ViciousDS

Banned
Mainstream Kid is the most unfun shit I've ever played on Rock Band.

Fuck Brandi Carlile, fuck Harmonix and especially fuck the idiot who charted it on guitar.

king for a day also is fucking stupid.....during the breakdown there are tons of missing notes....you can clearly hear it, see them play it in the music video and I've played it in real life.

So when that shit came up missing stuff.....I wanted to just throw my guitar on it.

here just watch from this point on and you will get the biggest WTF is going on face

https://youtu.be/GNv-FAuMDcs?t=93

it looks like someone who did there first chart ever for Frets on Fire!!!!

Ok I just want to import RB1 and 2 songs from the base game that I own.

The only way to do this for RB1 is to buy the $5 key?
No key for RB2 currently.. but I do have the 25 digit code that came with the game...

Ok I just want to import RB1 and 2 songs from the base game that I own.

The only way to do this for RB1 is to buy the $5 key?
No key for RB2 currently.. but I do have the 25 digit code that came with the game...

Export isn't up yet however to answer your questions:

1) Yes you need to buy the $5 key. Should be all you need.

2) 25 digit code is expired you need to go to EA and ask them for a new code. OP should have all the info you need

king for a day also is fucking stupid.....during the breakdown there are tons of missing notes....you can clearly hear it, see them play it in the music video and I've played it in real life.

So when that shit came up missing stuff.....I wanted to just throw my guitar on it.

here just watch from this point on and you will get the biggest WTF is going on face

Came ready to talk trash about people complaining....
This is a terrible chart. I thought it was Medium difficulty and you made a mistake.

What the fuck is this trash charting. I'd be pissed.

CloudWolf

At least it looks more fun than it's to play in Guitar Hero Live. Maybe it was because I was still kinda figuring out the controls, but that shit was painful and superawkward to play.

The animations on King for a Day really annoy me though. Why is the singer animated to both the male and the female vocals?

EDIT: Oh nevermind, high-pitched post-hardcore singers fuck with my ability to recognize gender.

kazinova

How do you get an extra guitar/bass? Is that possible at this point. I cant find anything on Amazon to help finish the full band!

Also, man, redownloading all of my content absolutely sucks.

**Edit: the new solos, THE NEW SOLOS!!! So fucking good!!!

Export isn't up yet however to answer your questions:

1) Yes you need to buy the $5 key. Should be all you need.

2) 25 digit code is expired you need to go to EA and ask them for a new code. OP should have all the info you need

That is the key. You export it through RB3, IIRC.

I'm just confused how it works, exactly. The "key" you get you end up putting it in RB4? I see now, it's seems to be the same 25 digit key, just a non-expired key. For RB2, you just have to try to get a new one from EA. It's starting to make sense, thanks!

The only problem is, Rock Band Song Export Key says "Download to your 360" not XB1 but I'm guessing it's still in your account so you can download it via RB4, maybe.

As far as pre-made characters go, my favorites are Felony and Sick Rachel. Got Felony on drums and Rachel on vocals, and it's as great as it can be without letting me use my own characters.

Yaari

I'm just confused how it works, exactly. The "key" you get you end up putting it in RB4? I see now, it's seems to be the same 25 digit key, just a non-expired key. For RB2, you just have to try to get a new one from EA. It's starting to make sense, thanks!

The only problem is, Rock Band Song Export Key says "Download to your 360" not XB1 but I'm guessing it's still in your account so you can download it via RB4, maybe.

No, any exports you do have to be done in RB3. RB4 will pick them up eventually.

Shoeless

Trying to go into PSN and searching for my DLC via the method of listing Rock Band 4 add-ons and filtering on "free" and sorting "price low to high" didn't work any better (saw that method listed online).

Anyone have a similar experience? Any advice?

The only thing that marginally speeds up the process is using CTRL-F and using the word "Free" to search for songs on each page that you own but haven't downloaded yet. Although if you're not paying attention you can accidentally buy Radio Free Europe by R.E.M. the way I did yesterday.Not a bad song, so I don't regret it, but still...

ViciousDS

Banned
At least it looks more fun than it's to play in Guitar Hero Live. Maybe it was because I was still kinda figuring out the controls, but that shit was painful and superawkward to play.

The animations on King for a Day really annoy me though. Why is the singer animated to both the male and the female vocals?

EDIT: Oh nevermind, high-pitched post-hardcore singers fuck with my ability to recognize gender.

Was going to say....Quin has an insanely high voice lol

Came ready to talk trash about people complaining....
This is a terrible chart. I thought it was Medium difficulty and you made a mistake.

What the fuck is this trash charting. I'd be pissed.

It's another aerials situation....and DONT even get me started on how they charted that fucking song....dear heavens

I'm having serious buyers remorse. I thought I wouldn't mind the lack of IONs and exports for now, but I was kidding myself.

I refuse to spend over $100 on a used RB2 drumset, so for now I can't play drums, and if I play on my 360 I can use my IONs and I have over 600 songs.

I have zero incentive to even play RB4 despite having just bought it.

sonto340

I'm planning on picking this up later today, but none of the stores within fifty miles have the band in a box set for Xbox one.
If I buy the guitar set will the new drums be for sale later? Or will I have to buy the legacy adapter and a set of older drums?

I'm having serious buyers remorse. I thought I wouldn't mind the lack of IONs and exports for now, but I was kidding myself.

I refuse to spend over $100 on a used RB2 drumset, so for now I can't play drums, and if I play on my 360 I can use my IONs and I have over 600 songs.

I have zero incentive to even play RB4 despite having just bought it.

I don't blame you, really. I only jumped in because I gave my 360 to my little brother and I never owned any sort of drum kit before so RB4 BiAB made sense to me.

I'm enjoying my time quite a bit but the little things add up.

I don't blame you, really. I only jumped in because I gave my 360 to my little brother and I never owned any sort of drum kit before so RB4 BiAB made sense to me.

I'm enjoying my time quite a bit but the little things add up.

It doesn't help my legacy adapter is late so I can only sing right now. I want ION support so bad.

LaneDS

The only thing that marginally speeds up the process is using CTRL-F and using the word "Free" to search for songs on each page that you own but haven't downloaded yet. Although if you're not paying attention you can accidentally buy Radio Free Europe by R.E.M. the way I did yesterday.Not a bad song, so I don't regret it, but still...

That's good advice, thank you. I was doing all of this on the console with the controller which did me no favors.

DarkOneX

Finally talked to somebody @ EA who is generating me a code and should get via email, to do the exporting into RB3. However the odd thing he said the code won't work to do the export, that I have to contact Harmonix and give them the code to get a new code to do the exporting. Anybdoy run into this? I saw nobody else mention this so I'm a bit confused. I really wanted to make sure I get a code that works before I buy RB3 as I never bought it, but guess it's only $20 for the digital edition so no biggy I guess.

Wait really? So I have to have RB3 to export RB1?

EDIT and above post:

RB1 exports songs to the PS3 after buying the PSN key from the PSN store.

RB2 songs export after going into RB3 (after all, where else would they be exported to?) and putting in your 25 digit key from RB2 to buy the export in-game.

I apologize in advance, but the RB2 export thing is confusing me.

I own RB1, 2 and 3. I previously exported 1 into 2, and then 1 and 2 into 3.

If I want to play 2's songs in 4, does this mean I'm good, or do I need to track down EA for a code?

evanmisha

Wait what? I never got Rock Band 3! Will I need to buy a second hand copy for the exports?

PLEASE anyone confirm!!!

You need RB3 to export RB2. Dunno about the track packs. RB1 you do not need RB3 for, just the key on PSN. The RB1 disc is used to export the songs to the console for use with RB2 and 3, but this all local transfer and RB4 will likely have no way of knowing whether or not you did this, so presumably you'll be good without.

If I want to play 2's songs in 4, does this mean I'm good, or do I need to track down EA for a code?

You're good.

This game was clearly not ready for launch, and should've been pushed back.

I'm in the same boat. No idea what I need to do, if anything. Why did you only ask about playing 2 in 4? Is there a way to get the songs from 1 into 4 right now?
Lots of my purchased DLC isn't showing up as purchased either.

PlatStrat

Neo Member

You're good

Edit: Ninja'd x2

zip stick

Finally talked to somebody @ EA who is generating me a code and should get via email, to do the exporting into RB3. However the odd thing he said the code won't work to do the export, that I have to contact Harmonix and give them the code to get a new code to do the exporting. Anybdoy run into this? I saw nobody else mention this so I'm a bit confused. I really wanted to make sure I get a code that works before I buy RB3 as I never bought it, but guess it's only $20 for the digital edition so no biggy I guess.

Didnt you have to enter the first code from the manual into a harmonix website back in the day which would then give you another code to type into the 360? Seems to ring a bell.

evanmisha

You probably won't even get that, frankly. I've been told some weird things by EA support in the past. When they tell me I'll be e-mailed something, it never comes. Without fail.

Just want my Queen Pack 01 to download... only missing that, Rize of the Pheonix and Rosanna.

The game itself, I'm happy for what I want from it and LOVE the freestyle guitar solos since I'm not a score fiend.

Edit: Overkill was there now, done.

You need RB3 to export RB2. Dunno about the track packs. RB1 you do not need RB3 for, just the key on PSN. The RB1 disc is used to export the songs to the console for use with RB2 and 3, but this all local transfer and RB4 will likely have no way of knowing whether or not you did this, so presumably you'll be good without.

You're good.

Thanks. have the key on Xbox.

Not going to bother with Rock Band 2, I didn't think the track list was as good as 1

RB1 exports songs to the PS3 after buying the PSN key from the PSN store.

RB2 songs export after going into RB3 (after all, where else would they be exported to?) and putting in your 25 digit key from RB2 to buy the export in-game.

You're good.

This is so confusing. RB1 disc for what?

Can anyone make simple steps?

For Rock Band 1 base songs into Rock Band 4:
1) Buy $5 Key
2) Put Key into Rock Band 4 via in-game?

I don't see why this is so complicated. Can we skip any steps regarding RB 2 and RB 3 completely and just buy the RB1 key and RB4 will recognize it?

Now Rock Band 2, there really is no key (yet) so I'm not worried about that atm. 1 step at a time. Same for RB3, I guess.

DarkOneX

You probably won't even get that, frankly. I've been told some weird things by EA support in the past. When they tell me I'll be e-mailed something, it never comes. Without fail.

Yep you are right, just got the email and it says "You really need to contact Harmonix I firmly believe they can assist you with this" and they closed the case, assholes!

evanmisha

This is so confusing. RB1 disc for what?

Can anyone make simple steps?

For Rock Band 1 base songs into Rock Band 4:
1) Buy $5 Key
2) Put Key into Rock Band 4 via in-game?

I don't see why this is so complicated. Can we skip any steps regarding RB 2 and RB 3 completely and just buy the RB1 key and RB4 will recognize it?

Now Rock Band 2, there really is no key (yet) so I'm not worried about that atm. 1 step at a time. Same for RB3, I guess.

RB1 disc for nothing, I'm just trying to quel your concern. Just buy the key and you're good for RB1.

For RB2, the codes EA are giving out have to be input in to RB3. That's the only way.

RB1 disc for nothing, I'm just trying to quel your concern. Just buy the key and you're good for RB1.

For RB2, the codes EA are giving out have to be input in to RB3. That's the only way.

I see, thank you! I heard a few different things so I wanted to make sure. RB1 it is

Southcott

There is nothing confusing about the export process

To get Rock Band 1 you can buy the Export Key from either the Xbox Marketplace or the PlayStation Store

To get Rock Band 2 Songs you need to go to EA's Live Chat Help Centre, tell them your Export Code isn't working and you need a new one, it might take a few tries but you will get one. This code you then input into Rock Band 3 under the Get More Songs option then Redeem Code - type in the code you got from EA and then pay the £10 / $10 fee to redeem the song pack.

You DO NOT need Rock Band 1 or 2 to do any of this.

Only a copy of Rock Band 3.

The Export Key from Rock Band 1 will likely get changed by Harmonix into a Export DLC pack at a later date.

The Rock Band 2 Export Pack should just work, when Harmonix decide to upload them to the relevant stores.

Top Bottom