• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ronda Rousey wants to be cast as Captain Marvel, Kevin Smith and Thanos Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychBat!

Banned
A few things:

-You don't have to be a decent actor to play a hero in a cbm. Just look at RDJ, Chris Hemsworth or that guy who played QS in AoU (man was he bad). So her not being a good actor shouldn't even be an issue. If she auditions and does a good job: give it to her. Jai Courtney still gets roles and he seems to be doing a good job in Suicide Squad.

-We got Gal Gadot as WW, she can't act for shit either but killed it during her audition (so I read). So yeah. Same thing could happen.

That being said, I've never seen her in anything so yeah...

welp

Aylinato

A few things:

-You don't have to be a decent actor to play a hero in a cbm. Just look at RDJ, Chris Hemsworth or that guy who played QS in AoU (man was he bad). So her not being a good actor shouldn't even be an issue. If she auditions and does a good job: give it to her. Jai Courtney still gets roles and he seems to be doing a good job in Suicide Squad.

-We got Gal Gadot as WW, she can't act for shit either but killed it during her audition (so I read). So yeah. Same thing could happen.

I'm sorry, RDJ made iron man, not the other way around, he's also one of the best actors in hollywood

A few things:

RDJ? he is a good actor and hemsworth was pretty decent on rush..these people even jai courtney are much much better than ronda

DarkFlow

Banned
A few things:

You lost me RDJ. RDJ is a great actor dude, he has 2 oscar nods.

A few things:

You have a lot of points.

-You don't have to be a decent actor to play a hero in a cbm. Just look at RDJ, Chris Hemsworth or that guy who played QS in AoU (man was he bad).

lDdQjL1.gif

Ronda Rousey would need to make a "Marine Jon Cena" to "Trainwreck Jon Cena" level of improvement to even be considered. Hemsworth was unproven when cast has Thor but has shown since then he is a fine actor. As for RDJ, you are literally insane.

BobLoblaw

Banned
I'd be 100% behind it IF she could act. She hasn't shown any range yet. Put her ass in acting classes for the next year and then we'll talk.

Monocle

A few things:

WTF? RDJ does an absolutely incredible job playing Tony Stark. Three sentences in and you've already lost your credibility.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
If Captain Marvel were just a side character maybe but I can't see Marvel actually creating a whole movie around Ronda Rousey.

Lebron

lol no

She can't act worth a damn. And couldn't carry a movie worth a damn either. Stick to beating up weaker female fighters.

I mean she could totally play a kick ass female but that's not the only part of the role. She was just so awful in F7 but who knows maybe it was her first time.

thefro

Considering how good of a talker she is, she should be able to act.

Wouldn't surprise me if she was bad in Furious 7 on purpose to sell that her MMA persona is all legit.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
A few things:

RDJ has been acting since forever. And he has chops. The Iron Man role isn't going to strain him any, he could probably do it in his sleep.

Thor is a wooden character. He is very straightforward, there isn't much nuisance to him. I think they got an actor to match that.

When Gal Gadot says a line in a movie, I go with it. She isn't some world class actor, but she doesn't stand out. Rousey so far has stood out. It's exactly what you would expect when you put a person that has never acted before in a movie. I mean we can shit on actors for being in bad mlvoes or having dumb lines, but a lot of them have been doing it for years. Plays and short films when they were younger tons of auditions and projects before they made it big. It's a skill.

What's the point in having to give someone acting lessons on a multimillion dollar project when there are hundreds of actors that could just deliver the line well enough. I don't even know how much her fighting experience would come into play with a movie like this. They'd only let her do so much for insurance purposes, and I'd bet a lot of it would be CG anyway.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sorry, RDJ made iron man, not the other way around, he's also one of the best actors in hollywood

One of the best? Not even close imo, he kinda plays himself as Iron Man and did the same shit as Sherlock Holmes. But before this gets out of hand (judging by the RDJ defence force in here): point being was that you don't have to be a good actor to play a superhero. Often the less talented (with some exceptions like Ruffalo) actors play those parts which is just fine.

PsychBat!

Banned
One of the best? Not even close imo, he kinda plays himself as Iron Man and did the same shit as Sherlock Holmes. But before this gets out of hand (judging by the RDJ defence force in here): point being was that you don't have to be a good actor to play a superhero.

What the fuck? What RDJ defense force? Have you ever seen RDJ outside of Iron Man or Sherlock?

lol no

She can't act worth a damn. And couldn't carry a movie worth a damn either. Stick to beating up weaker female fighters.

She can't act at all and needs some serious training, but there is no need to put her in a box and tell her to just fight drones and do nothing else.

styl3s

wut

The Rock was about 1000x more charismatic in wrestling so it's no surprise he learned the ropes pretty quick

there's a difference; wrestlers are already acting

its a bad comparison
Have you seen him in movies? Because that charisma doesn't follow.

Ballers is some of the worst acting i have ever seen in my life. Also, charisma =/= acting talent.

Walpurgis

Banned
Do we even know who is directing this movie? If it's not the Russos or someone else who understands fight scenes, there isn't much point in casting her.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck? What RDJ defense force? Have you ever seen RDJ outside of Iron Man or Sherlock?

Yes I have. That is why I said I don't rate him that much. The one in this thread, not that hard to find.

Monocle

One of the best? Not even close imo, he kinda plays himself as Iron Man and did the same shit as Sherlock Holmes. But before this gets out of hand (judging by the RDJ defence force in here): point being was that you don't have to be a good actor to play a superhero. Often the less talented (with some exceptions like Ruffalo) actors play those parts which is just fine.
You're just plain in the wrong here dude.

If you are going to cast someone of questionable acting ability just because they are blonde and fit forget Ronda and go with future WWE Superstar Amanda
wwe-amanda-saccomanno_1.jpg

SinShep

But you still need to be an actor. She's not. She's an MMA fighter who got a role for a fight scene.

Salsa

Have you seen him in movies? Because that charisma doesn't follow.

Ballers is some of the worst acting i have ever seen in my life. Also, charisma =/= acting talent.

I never said he had huge acting talent. Im responding to comparing him with Ronda

also I think he knows what he's capable of and for the most part he's put in the right roles. He's still miles ahead of someone like Ronda and the fact that they're both 'tough' is about as far as the comparison goes. UFC =/= wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom