• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: Gameboy Advance and the best games available for it.

Shining Soul 2 is a cutesy Diablo/PSO-like game. Definitely my favorite GBA game, and one of my favorite games of all time. The story is pretty childish, but the game is a rock solid action rpg, with a ton of classes, abilities/spells, weapons/armor, you can craft gear, identify items and more. There is an astounding amount of depth. Not to mention it runs and plays great, with big colorful sprites and memorable music.

slash000

Zeboyd Games
I have a huge detailed recommendation list for GBA.. is there a good place I can post the text and link it here?

In any case my fav GBA game is probably Ninja Five-0.

STOP
DO NOT GET BREATH OF FIRE 1+2
Their translation is horrible, terribad, really ruins the games.

Oh, please. BoF1's translation isn't anywhere close to the trainwreck 2's was. And as nonsensical as 2's translation is, the game is still decent enough to give a fair shake.

B_Bech

Great list OP, might I suggest:

Super Robot Taisen OG 1+ 2
SMT: Strange Journey
Zone of the Enders: Fist of Mars
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis
Golden Sun 1+ 2:Lost Age
Sonic Battle

Amazing games that all hold up to this day. My favorites are still Advance Wars. (Still waiting for a sequel to Days of Ruin on the DS.)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oh, please. BoF1's translation isn't anywhere close to the trainwreck 2's was. And as nonsensical as 2's translation is, the game is still decent enough to give a fair shake.
BoF2's translation is one of the very few I will say is a complete game ruiner.

CazTGG

Fire Emblem & Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, two terrific tactical RPGs, though I personally recommend Fire Emblem over Sacred Stones. Better story, soundtrack and characters, more content and just an all-around excellent. The one thing that you should know is that while Fire Emblem was intended to be easier for western players, it's still fairly challenging, especially when compared to Sacred Stones and Awakening. If you'd prefer a game to ease you in, then go for Sacred Stones first since it's a lot more accessible in terms of difficulty.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
There's a baseball game called, wait for it.. Baseball Advance.. made by Smilebit.. and it's honestly one of the best playing baseball games out there.. just feels really good and has a season mode to boot. I played the hell out of that game.

Other is Fire Pro Wrestling, which was a pretty darn good portable version of FPW.

I know those aren't RPGs.. but any time I can pimp those advance games I will.

..as far as RPG's... Golden Sun.

Double Dragon Advance:
Double_Dragon_Advance_cover.jpg

River City Ransom EX:
River_City_Ransom_EX_cover.jpg

Final Fight One:
0128.jpg

Ninja Five-0 (good luck finding it)
ninjafiveo.jpg

Double Dragon Advance is the best Double Dragon ever.

UCBooties

Sigma Star Story if you can find it.

RPG meets Shoot 'em Up? Yes! It can get a little wonky but it is really fun. Cute story too.

I'm glad that most of the greats have already been mentioned, so I will leave with the recommendation for Spyro: The Eternal Night.
Youtube link

It is always forgotten, but is a great little game that is favorably compared to Astro Boy: Omega Factor.

This game is awesome and needs more love. Seriously, I don't own any Spyro games apart from this and it's one of those games that's better than its licence/franchise/IP.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Dragonball-gba.jpg

Best Dragon Ball game ever made.

2288.jpg

Never played the Advanced Adventure, but Legacy of Goku 1/2 are extremely solid Zelda clones that follow the overall story arc of the series. Never got into DBZ, but the exploration, combat, and ability progression made for a really nice set of top-down GBA action-adventures. Well worth checking out if you enjoy the genre.

Top Bottom