• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Rumor* Resident Evil 2 Remake details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Paracelsus

It's a shame those jackets are always collector gimmicks, if you could remove name and rank like on a real uniform it'd be actually cool to wear casually.

Also Dusk Golem who has had inside information on RE related stuff basically hinted that the game is basically complete outside of polishing and that it's most likely coming this year.

:D

E3 gonna be bonkers.

Aggelos

What about the scrapping? Dusk Golem said that he had intel on the RE2Remake being scrapped once.
How can this be almost complete with no public unveiling in between?
In any case, I'd think that this is a 2019 release, somehow.

If they unveil a new Dino Crisis, to boot, then this E3 is going to be gangbusters.

Paracelsus

What about the scrapping? Dusk Golem said that he had intel on the RE2Remake being scrapped once.

If they unveil a new Dino Crisis, to boot, then this E3 is going to be gangbusters.

The scrapping likely means they remade everything, even the fact the original game was 75% complete when they scrapped it and made it all over again.

Also Dusk Golem who has had inside information on RE related stuff basically hinted that the game is basically complete outside of polishing and that it's most likely coming this year.

:D

E3 gonna be bonkers.
If this game is gonna come out THIS YEAR!... That so would make my WHOLE year. The original is in my top three favourite games of all time. I guess, IF RE 2 Remake is gonna come out this year, it probably wouldn't be too far fetched to expect the original to appear on Xbox, PS4 and maybe Switch prior to the launch of the new one?

Dusk is the one saying it's probably coming this year.

Also there's a leak on Reddit that says this year is the release and there's two camera types: Fixed and OTS.

If true this game is gonna be HUGE at E3.

Vawn

Banned
Dusk is the one saying it's probably coming this year.

Also there's a leak on Reddit that says this year is the release and there's two camera types: Fixed and OTS.

If true this game is gonna be HUGE at E3.

This seems crazy. The gameplay wouldn't translate to both. I am still holding out hope they properly remade Resident Evil 2 like they did with 1 and didn't instead turn it into a completely different game. It's looking less likely though.

This seems crazy. The gameplay wouldn't translate to both. I am still holding out hope they properly remade Resident Evil 2 like they did with 1 and didn't instead turn it into a completely different game. It's looking less likely though.
You're assuming they didn't balance both accordingly. If they ditched the 4 campaigns efforts could have easily been put into making OTS feel right and Fixed feel right.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
You're assuming they didn't balance both accordingly. If they ditched the 4 campaigns efforts could have easily been put into making OTS feel right and Fixed feel right.

I still can't see it. The amount of enemies, their health, etc would need to be drastically different to give a similar experience in both, otherwise OTS will just be significantly easier. And I can't see them ultimately making two different games.

This is assuming fixed camera means what it did in the original games, where the difficulty/horror lies in your limited visual scope and needing to use other aspects such as hearing.

If fixed camera just means an overhead view like Diablo, that would miss the entire point.

Moses85

It would be the best Deal if Capcom offers as much options as possible to all there Fans so every player can decide which Camera prospective and Controller Style fits best for him.

This would ne the REAL DEAL!

I still can't see it. The amount of enemies, their health, etc would need to be drastically different to give a similar experience in both, otherwise OTS will just be significantly easier. And I can't see them ultimately making two different games.

This is assuming fixed camera means what it did in the original games, where the difficulty/horror lies in your limited visual scope and needing to use other aspects such as hearing.

If fixed camera just means an overhead view like Diablo, that would miss the entire point.
Again people might not be looking at this the right way. If the design of this game was two cameras from the beginning than they probably planned for all of this. They probably focused on both modes separately when dealing with enemies. For instance what if enemy placement changes depending on the mode? What if the numbers of enemies changes depending on the mode? What if you aren't considering that the OTS game is still very much Survivla horror with limited enemies? RE7 was first person but it didn't throw AMPLE amount of molded at you. I'm just saying it's not as crazy as you think if you consider they had this plan from the start.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Fi someone says Dino Crisis again i‘m getting a heart attack. RE2 reveal and Dino Crisis announcement would be too much.

Vawn

Banned
Again people might not be looking at this the right way. If the design of this game was two cameras from the beginning than they probably planned for all of this. They probably focused on both modes separately when dealing with enemies. For instance what if enemy placement changes depending on the mode? What if the numbers of enemies changes depending on the mode? What if you aren't considering that the OTS game is still very much Survivla horror with limited enemies? RE7 was first person but it didn't throw AMPLE amount of molded at you. I'm just saying it's not as crazy as you think if you consider they had this plan from the start.

That still sounds like they'd be making two different games based on camera mode. Has something like that ever happened? I guess anything is possible.

That still sounds like they'd be making two different games based on camera mode. Has something like that ever happened? I guess anything is possible.
That's what Dusk hinted at. They're doing something never tried before.

It'll be interesting to say the least and if they accomplish it ....it could set a new standard in games. Imagine playing through the game in an RE4 type of way and then wanting to replay it in an entirely different way/perspective. The replayability would be off the charts.

Aggelos

Fi someone says Dino Crisis again i‘m getting a heart attack. RE2 reveal and Dino Crisis announcement would be too much.

That would be a heart attack. But what are the odds for the something like that happen. All this wishing and want for Dino Crisis to come back, might be just wild-goose chase if there's no project going on within Capcom Japan.

Meanwhile, the appearance of Baryonyx is straight outta Dino 2.

Last edited:
E3 has began, but I didn't see anything that interesting, although there's going to be a lot of backlash if this fabled RE2 remake isn't shown. However, the game with the black animation looks decent. The one with a girl in a rowing boat.

Vawn

Banned
My hype for this pretty much dies completely if it's Over-The-Shoulder. Hopefully that's not the case.

I don't doubt they could make a good game out of that, but it won't still be Resident Evil 2. And worse, it will mean we will never get an actual remake of RE2.

The first remake was perfect. It was still Resident Evil 1, but brought to the then-current technical standards and new surprises sprinkled throughout.

I don't care how you spin it, if you go from static cameras, tank controls and CG backgrounds, to a 3D third-person shooter, it isn't still Resident Evil 2. It could still be a great game, but just make a spin off or RE8 instead.

xwez

Banned

RE5 Lost in Nightmares did it, though I played that dlc in third person so I don't know how it translated to the fixed camera option. I would imagine if they implement it as it was there, there has been enough time between then and now to improve upon that system. That or it could possibly be like that RE 3.5 demo, and be a hybrid (i.e. fixed camera when exploring, but over the shoulder when aiming).

Last edited:

xwez

Banned
Well, I look on the bright side. At least it isn’t another 3400th first person horror game.

You forgot to mention "without guns". There haven't been a lot of fps horror games this gen with guns. I don't really care for games like outlast, etc. as it feels like all you do is run away and hide.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
I don't think you saw my post but there's two cameras apparently so this isn't even an issue anymore.

XEl79e.gif

If there's an option for the classic camera then I'd be ecstatic. REmake Type-C style controls would be amazing as well.

Last edited:
Monday my friend.
Why not tonight? If this game will be revealed at E3, I don't see any reason why it won't at least appear in an Xbox reel featuring upcoming titles. Maybe Sony will have someone from Capcom on stage talking about it, maybe even showing it off, but if this game will actually be revealed at E3 it might as well show up tonight for the first time, since it is not an exclusive.

Aggelos

Monday my friend.

Well if it doesn't appear at Microsoft's conference then it means either two possible scenarios :
-1) It is (timed) exclusive ,so we hafta wait for Sony's or Nintendo (why even Nintendo's? Because back in 2001, when biohazad remake was announced it was a Nintendo Gamecube exclusive along with other biohazard games. Shinji Mikami, head of Capcom Production Studio 4 back at the time, was proud to announce that his division should be primarily handling-creating Nintendo Gamecube games. So how could anyone rule out the possibility that the second canonical remake of a canon biohazard game, i.e. BIOHAZARD 2, might end up as a Switch game...)

-2) Or start waiting for Tokyo Game Show

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Well if it doesn't appear at Microsoft's conference then it means either two possible scenarios :
-1) It is (timed) exclusive ,so we hafta wait for Sony's or Nintendo (why even Nintendo's? Because back in 2001, when biohazad remake was announced it was a Nintendo Gamecube exclusive along with other biohazard games. Shinji Mikami, head of Capcom Production Studio 4 back at the time, was proud to announce that his division should be primarily handling-creating Nintendo Gamecube games. So how could anyone rule out the possibility that the second canonical remake of a canon biohazard game, i.e. BIOHAZARD 2, might end up as a Switch game...)

Because of how poorly it performed on GameCube. Also, GC was competitive in terms of hardware power for its time, unlike the Switch.

Sony's got it according to rumors out there. Not that it's exclusive to Sony but Sony's gets to reveal it.

Kyle Bosman even said he believes it's a LOCK for sony.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God

We have to wait the official Capcom report, so then we will know the plataforms that the game will go. Metal Gear Rising was revealed in the Microsoft conference, but the site was showing that PS3 will get it too

OK. I wouldn't want to rain on your parade.

Back in 1996, the V-Jump unveiling

I'm just going by what credible people have been saying. RE2 is apparently graphically intensive so a switch version seems unlikely. Sony had a partnership with RE7 and some credible people are implying it's definitely at Sony. Just trying to let everyone know that's the conference to keep an eye on for it.

Aggelos

This is where the plot thickens.
Devil May Cry 5 gets unveiled/premiered at the MS Conference, but Biohazard 2 Remake?

xwez

Banned
Looks like photogrammetry and crappy casting claimed another victim, this time Devil May Cry 5. Looks like no series is safe. RE2 is up next, let us keep it in our prayers.

Last edited:

Aggelos

Looks like photogrammetry and crappy casting claimed another victim, this time Devil May Cry 5. Looks like no series is safe. RE2 is up next, let us keep it in our prayers.

Photogrammetry is probably the way to go. But why crappy casting? Didn't look crappy and icky.
After seeing DMC5, I expect Biohazard 2 Remake to look something similar in terms of art direction/visual presentation. I mean the city setting. Those DMC5 streets, where they were driving through in the van, gave some Raccoon City vibes.
Probably running on RE Engine.

A lot of people lost faith in it ages ago. It's ridiculous if anybody thinks in 2018 that they'll do a glossy, remake of a 1998 game the same as the remake out in 2002. That's just dumb. Since 2005, just look at what this company does. They steal stuff from other games, because apparently copying the latest trends is the next big thing.

1528673341225.jpg

VS
latest

I will never understand the criticism to the RE ENGINE or Photogrammetry.
I think people get mixed up between the engine itself and ART DESIGN ( which is the real issue people have)... Not liking the beard on Dante or not liking the DmC type look to Nero I can understand but incredible improvements to the visuals is not a bad thing and it still manages to be incredibly stylish. Keep in mind DMC5 is a quick paced high intense action so the visuals are probably not a HUGE priority like the atmosphere in RE2 will be. So RE2 will most definitely look way better.

Last edited:

DonF

I think people get mixed up between the engine itself and ART DESIGN ( which is the real issue people have)...
Yeah, my immediate reaction was that they changed the style, but now looking at that photo, it just looks like a lame pose and a some facial hair, but normal shaved face would look like an updated Dante.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom