• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Riskit4TheBiskit says four separate sources indicated there is a Hellblade 2 port for PS5

Robb

Gold Member
FStf9GS.jpeg

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Probably. The game being like 6 hours long and $40 tells us it’s not planned to be a heavy hitter like Fable or Starfield but more in the leagues of Hi-Fi Rush.

It’s absolutely inconceivable to me that a game that will have taken 7 years to develop is not only not very important but also incredibly short.

Microsoft should have tried to make this a system seller, not some interactive movie.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Its just wild to me that Hellblade 2 and/or Starfield is the last straw for some ppl....totally overlooking Halo, Gears and Forza have been Xbox exclusives for waaaay longer and may never get ported.

Absolutely wild.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Yeah. When I saw they were posting this type of stuff on Twitter, I made it clear they were making a movie in the guise of a game

Yep. This is a fucking joke. They kept showing off this game in the biggest events and blew us away with the visuals, music, and art direction...only to tell us it's probably less than 8 hours long and selling for $40. Neither of these are inherently bad things but we can read between the lines that such a short game at a low price tag is not meant to be some juggernaut that sells systems.

This is just a baffling decision. Don't give it so much attention and hype if it's just gonna be a short-ass game we'll have all forgotten within a few days.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The stupider the name is, the more I hate the rumor.

Is this journalism or the GameStop that knows the CEO's massage sex workers maid brother in lard?

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
What's the problem with the length? I beat Resident evil 2 remake and resident evil 3 remake in under 2 hours each. Want to guess how much they cost at launch?

Unknown?

Yep. This is a fucking joke. They kept showing off this game in the biggest events and blew us away with the visuals, music, and art direction...only to tell us it's probably less than 8 hours long and selling for $40. Neither of these are inherently bad things but we can read between the lines that such a short game at a low price tag is not meant to be some juggernaut that sells systems.

This is just a baffling decision. Don't give it so much attention and hype if it's just gonna be a short-ass game we'll have all forgotten within a few days.
Why do you want a super long game that is full of fat? If it is a good 8 hours I'll take it over 100 hours where only 8 hours of the game is actually doing something.

Killjoy-NL

No shit.
MS is going full 3rd party publishing.

Guess I'll be playing this generation-defining game on PS5 afterall.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
What's the problem with the length? I beat Resident evil 2 remake and resident evil 3 remake in under 2 hours each. Want to guess how much they cost at launch?

...on repeated playthroughs where you know exactly what to do.
Also, they're games made for replayability by design.

Very disingenuous analogy my man, I mean, if you wanna "defend" Hellblade 2 feel free to do so but this (point) ain't it.

Humdinger

Hellblade was born on Playstation, so it makes sense to bring the sequel over. It would have a ready-made audience.

I enjoyed the first game. I thought it was a very creative exploration of mental illness in a videogame. Characters, theme, environments, and atmosphere were all very well done. The sequel doesn't grab me the same way -- maybe it's because the ideas do not seem as fresh, or maybe because the action seems to be more reality-based, rather than a projection of her internal battles. But I'll still check it out.

Killjoy-NL

Xbox fans had been warned that this would be the case, but they were too busy celebrating an easy win of this gen for Xbox based on the HB2 announce trailer.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
...on repeated playthroughs where you know exactly what to do.
Also, they're games made for replayability by design.

Very disingenuous analogy my man, I mean, if you wanna "defend" Hellblade 2 feel free to do so but this (point) ain't it.
Yes, this IS it. First play through is like 4 to 6 hours and they were expensive and highly rated.

I say what you and others are doing is what is disingenuous. No one here has played hellblade 2 but shit all over it for things other games get a pass for.
And I'm not "your man" bro.

Last edited:

geary

No one is rushing out to buy a new Xbox to play HB2 so why not put it on PS as well at this point?
In 2024 no one is rushing to buy a console because of a game. In the middle of the generation, people buy the console where their friends are or has the mos players (for GAAS games or multiplayer). Games push consoles at the beginning of the generation. Now is just inertia..

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Rather than fix the issues with Xbox, MS allowed a fucking gonk lead the division for a decade to condition customers to not buy games and sell on the competing platforms. Jesus wept. Who is going to buy the next gen when you're told the games will come later to the competition?

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It would be cool if true especially if they make a PSVR2 version but one clickbaiter telling me they have heard from 4 sources holds as much weight as one clickbaiter telling me they heard it from one source or a hundred sources.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
In 2024 bo one is rushing to buy a console because of a game. In the middle of the generation, people buy the console where their friends are or has the mos players (for GAAS games or multiplayer). Games push consoles at the beginning of the generation. Now is just inertia..
That highly depends on the game. No one is buying a console (particular an Xbox) for Hellblade because it is not that kind of system mover. However, Nintendo and Sony have sequels that would push people to buy a system. It's always what happens when a game drops of that ilk — console sales go up for a week or two.

A new Zelda, Last of Us, Mario, or Spider-Man would push systems. No question.

Last edited:

panda-zebra

No one is rushing out to buy a new Xbox to play HB2 so why not put it on PS as well at this point?
For a number of years people absolutely were holding up this game as being something people would do exactly that for. As poster child as things come.

From Garuda in the podcast that clip was taken from:

"The whole thing with Hellblade 2 risk is... when the Series X console was unveiled, that was supposed to be the killer app... that was supposed to be the game that says to you 'this is what the system can do, this is why you need this system'. Only for them to have a ps5 version in development? ... Don't even get me started on how we're getting 1 hour of gameplay for every 1 year in development which is... fucking bewildering... Xbox tells you one thing, then they do another. That's why it's so confusing for the fanbase. That's why the whole hardcore community we're all a part of... is so fractured at the moment because xbox are coming across fractured... They can't tell you anything clearly or straight because they don't even know themselves. It's a mess, man. I'm over their stupid, weird mixed messages, I really am. I don't trust them."

Z56z7zuzik8.jpg

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Would you go for a 30 minutes film? Or be hyped for a film that is revealed to be that short closer to release when it got blockbuster ads for years? That is the problem for some of us I suppose. I don't really mind that and I loved RE 3 even if it was pretty short. But RE 2 was not that short at all.

Mr Hyde

Since MS decided to port some of their exclusives, every game from now on will come with a rumor attached to it that it's coming to other platforms. That's just the nature of the beast. MS really shot themselves in the foot with GP. To condition your fan base to not buy games is a strategy that will be studied for years to come. Only a matter of time before MS exits the console hardware business and becomes a publisher/cloud service provider.

Fredrik

Makes sense. First game was on Playstation as well. If you're bringing games over, you might as well bring the sequels to the games that were on the other platforms prior. 🤷
Sorry but limiting exclusives to new IPs is dumb. And Starfield is a new IP and he says that’s coming too, so I don’t understand what they’re doing. Zero thought of consequences. All of it. But I’m on PC now, if they want to kill their platform then keep going I don’t care.
And Sony is stupid too with the PC ports. Once you realize that everything will come and run and look better with access to mods, then why would you want a console version? They earn more money from ports but they do it at the cost of making their platform irrelevant.

Sorry but limiting exclusives to new IPs is dumb. And Starfield is a new IP and he says that’s coming too, so I don’t understand what they’re doing. Zero thought of consequences. All of it. But I’m on PC now, if they want to kill their platform then keep going I don’t care.
And Sony is stupid too with the PC ports. Once you realize that everything will come and run and look better with access to mods, then why would you want a console version? They earn more money from ports but they do it at the cost of making their platform irrelevant.
A gaming specific platform that costs ~$500 and provides direct access to all their games will not ever become "irrelevant". People game on console because it is cheaper, and for the most part hassle free.

These things aren't changing because Sony and Xbox put their games on PC. They're distinct markets for a reason.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Xbox fans had been warned that this would be the case, but they were too busy celebrating an easy win of this gen for Xbox based on the HB2 announce trailer.
I'm just shocked to see those pissed at walking simulators on the same page, I could have sworn HB2 was being propped up as a system seller.

I say this as someone who originally wanted an XSX because of this game, lol.

Mobilemofo

I look forward to the day we can have stupidly named games ...

The blade of Mangina.

Conkers massive fuckin adventure.

Ballsack: revenge of the urethra.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Yes, this IS it. First play through is like 4 to 6 hours and they were expensive and highly rated.

I say what you and others are doing is what is disingenuous. No one here has played hellblade 2 but shit all over it for things other games get a pass for.
And I'm not "your man" bro.

Cool your tits "bro", Jesus H Christ, angry much ?

Anyway, regarding the "disingenuous" part :
Both RE2Re AND RE3Re most definitely aren't "2 hour affairs", shit, even RE3Re which is definitely shorter than 2Re takes a good 8+ hours if you're a normal human being and you don't rush through things.
Again, these are games made for replayability by design - same thing applies to - say - MGS Rising Revengeance , a game where people accused it for being "5 hours long", guess what, it wasn't, it took a good 10 hours for a 1st playthrough and subsequently you could rush through it on a new game+ with everything unlocked, same thing with Ninja Gaiden 2, the world record is about 3 and a half hours on master ninja to boot, does it mean that it will take a normal individual 3 and a half hours to beat it the 1st time in MN difficulty ? Hell no.

So, yes, the point you were trying to make IS disingenuous for some weird reason, maybe it's because you love HB or because it's a MS exclusive and you're heavily invested in the brand but your flawed point does not a good conversation make.

Again, games made with high replayability by DESIGN Vs a linear game with a heavy emphasis on story (also by design), let's be real for a sec though, it's not like the 1st HB had any replayability whatsoever so don't expect the sequel to behave differently.

If you wanna continue this conversation I'm here, if you want to be aggressive and or angry ...let it rest and/or block me, I'm fine with it either way.

Take care my man

Everyone is here xbox edition.
Yup. Not sure why some are surprised by this notion but I guess some folks actually believed Phil when he said it was just those 4 games and nothing else.

I'm sure we are gonna have this same dust up when both Indy and Starfield get announced for PS5, despite everyone already having heard that they are also coming already.

Last edited:
Top Bottom