• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Confirms Hellblade 2 Is Set For A 2024 Release

Spyxos

Gold Member
hellblade-2.jpg

Microsoft has confirmed that the sequel to Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Hellblade 2, is set for release in the year 2024.

Speaking during the latest episode of The Fourth Curtain podcast, President of Game Content and Studios for Microsoft’s Xbox, Matt Booty, shared that Hellblade 2 is planned for release sometime late in 2024. Given the expanded portfolio of game studios at Microsoft after recent acquisitions, Matt was asked whether he has a “slate strategy” across the entire portfolio or if it is mostly managing release windows for major titles.

Matt responded by stating that Microsoft has a goal of a major release happening around four times a year, so there’s something new coming out every three months. He gave the example of Starfield and then Forza Motorsport this year in 2023. Heading into 2024, he mentioned games like ARA and Towerborne as games that are expected to kick things off for the year. He then mentioned Hellblade 2, and said that it is planned for release later in the year.

Last edited:

Zathalus

Sounds like 5 published games for next year, ARA, Towerborne, FS 23, Hellblade 2, and Avowed. Unless one or more get delayed.

JackMcGunns

Console warring BS aside where you think only exclusive games matter and not the combination of both, this is what it looked like for me in 2023, I enjoyed a good mix of games.

Forza Motorsport
HiFi Rush
Sea of Stars
Star Wars Jedi Survivor
Starfield
Resident Evil 4 remake
Alan Wake 2
Remnant 2
Hogwarts Legacy
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
Street Fighter 6
Robocop: Rogue City
Baldur's Gate 3

PS. Don't laugh at Robocop, I'm a fan and the studio did an excellent job capitalizing on its nostalgia.

Top Bottom