• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Riskit4TheBiskit says four separate sources indicated there is a Hellblade 2 port for PS5

MarkMe2525

Very well could be true. It seems like a rather large amount of money has been spent on this games development, which is disproportionate to what revenue it will bring into Xbox. In saying that, this could just be a case of a group circulating the rumour amongst themselves. What looks like 4 "separate" confirmations, is in reality 4 spokes of the same wheel.

xrnzaaas

I wouldn't be that surprised considering how many years it took to make the game and how it's probably not going to sell that great on the Xbox with a 50€ pricetag.

Yup. Not sure why some are surprised by this notion but I guess some folks actually believed Phil when he said it was just those 4 games and nothing else.

I'm sure we are gonna have this same dust up when both Indy and Starfield get announced for PS5, despite everyone already having heard that they are also coming already.

I did my part. Preordered Hi Fi Rush for ps5.
Microsoft,

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Killjoy-NL

I'm just shocked to see those pissed at walking simulators on the same page, I could have sworn HB2 was being propped up as a system seller.

I say this as someone who originally wanted an XSX because of this game, lol.
You're right, the Xbox camp was parading with Hellblade 2, saying how it would feature genre-defining features and how PS fans would love to have a game like HB2 on PS5.

Now guess what? Lol

Last edited:

Fredrik

A gaming specific platform that costs ~$500 and provides direct access to all their games will not ever become "irrelevant". People game on console because it is cheaper, and for the most part hassle free.

These things aren't changing because Sony and Xbox put their games on PC. They're distinct markets for a reason.
Okay fine irrelevant for us here, enthusiasts, or about 50% of us I assume going by system owner polls.
And while we may be a small part of the whole userbase we’re the ones out there talking about games here and on social and making videos etc. It will 100% show when we start abandoning our consoles. How much our noise will affect the platforms and the talk on social etc I can’t tell but I guarantee that it won’t be a positive thing.

One tiny example, I had my new living room PC up for one day when it ended with my brother coming over to eat and asking questions about the cost and how to choose the right parts when building a PC. No purchase yet but a seed was definitely planted and I didn’t even attempt it, I was just enthusiastic about the new PC and showed him Steam and Big Picture Mode and some games.

I just can’t stop thinking it’s a dangerous move for any console manufacturer to show that there are alternatives now. You should either go 100% closed like Nintendo or you could just as well open it all up and release games on every box connected to a screen.

And luring people in with timed exclusivity is not going to work, it’ll just end with negativity around the launch and no increase in sales when the hype is the highest. Those who could possibly be excited enough to want to invest in hardware to get the games day 1 already have all consoles and are the enthusiasts that are slowly moving over to PC.

Last edited:

Sorcerer

What's the problem with the length? I beat Resident evil 2 remake and resident evil 3 remake in under 2 hours each. Want to guess how much they cost at launch?
As speed runs or initial playthroughs? I could beat the original 1 and 2 in an hour and a half each, but only after months of practice.

reinking

Gold Member
I'm just shocked to see those pissed at walking simulators on the same page, I could have sworn HB2 was being propped up as a system seller.

I say this as someone who originally wanted an XSX because of this game, lol.
I think we are starting to see some people come around to the new future of Microsoft Gaming Studios. Sort of like we are seeing some PlayStation fans come around to seeing some Sony games going to PC.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Cool your tits "bro", Jesus H Christ, angry much ?

Anyway, regarding the "disingenuous" part :
Both RE2Re AND RE3Re most definitely aren't "2 hour affairs", shit, even RE3Re which is definitely shorter than 2Re takes a good 8+ hours if you're a normal human being and you don't rush through things.
Again, these are games made for replayability by design - same thing applies to - say - MGS Rising Revengeance , a game where people accused it for being "5 hours long", guess what, it wasn't, it took a good 10 hours for a 1st playthrough and subsequently you could rush through it on a new game+ with everything unlocked, same thing with Ninja Gaiden 2, the world record is about 3 and a half hours on master ninja to boot, does it mean that it will take a normal individual 3 and a half hours to beat it the 1st time in MN difficulty ? Hell no.

So, yes, the point you were trying to make IS disingenuous for some weird reason, maybe it's because you love HB or because it's a MS exclusive and you're heavily invested in the brand but your flawed point does not a good conversation make.

Again, games made with high replayability by DESIGN Vs a linear game with a heavy emphasis on story (also by design), let's be real for a sec though, it's not like the 1st HB had any replayability whatsoever so don't expect the sequel to behave differently.

If you wanna continue this conversation I'm here, if you want to be aggressive and or angry ...let it rest and/or block me, I'm fine with it either way.

Take care my man
Gaslighting much? Did I say I was angry? It's OK if you're in your feelings but take it out on your your dog or go punch the drywall in your parents basement where you are typing this from cause it's not going to effect me lol.

Resident Evil remakes are certainly not an 8 hour + experience and even if they were they are a full price experience. Hellblade 2 is not.

All this other crap you are spouting doesn't matter even a bit because the fact is you haven't played it. End of story.

Take it easy Chief.

Yep. This is a fucking joke. They kept showing off this game in the biggest events and blew us away with the visuals, music, and art direction...only to tell us it's probably less than 8 hours long and selling for $40. Neither of these are inherently bad things but we can read between the lines that such a short game at a low price tag is not meant to be some juggernaut that sells systems.

This is just a baffling decision. Don't give it so much attention and hype if it's just gonna be a short-ass game we'll have all forgotten within a few days.

If you were blown away by the visuals, music, and art, then why are you upset about an eight hour length and a $40 price? And if you were bamboozled by short videos into thinking this was some “system selling juggernaut” then that’s on you 😂

Weird how you go from being thoroughly impressed by all of it to “forgotten in a few days”.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
If you were blown away by the visuals, music, and art, then why are you upset about an eight hour length and a $40 price? And if you were bamboozled by short videos into thinking this was some “system selling juggernaut” then that’s on you 😂

Weird how you go from being thoroughly impressed by all of it to “forgotten in a few days”.
Because I played the original which bored me within 2 hours. I gave it a pass at the time because Ninja Theory was an indie developer and I couldn't expect them to make a longer game with a great combat system, flexibility, and length. When Microsoft acquired them, I somewhat saw it as a positive because this meant their budget could be much larger. Ninja Theory can do solid combat as demonstrated with DmC, Enslaved, and Heavenly Sword, so I was expecting to see that kind of expertise in the new Hellblade, something that was perhaps missing in the first one due to time and budget constraints.

Now with the price tag and length, I realize it's every bit as unambitious as the first game and is more interested in making a statement about mental illness than a good game.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Gaslighting much? Did I say I was angry? It's OK if you're in your feelings but take it out on your your dog or go punch the drywall in your parents basement where you are typing this from cause it's not going to effect me lol.

Resident Evil remakes are certainly not an 8 hour + experience and even if they were they are a full price experience. Hellblade 2 is not.

All this other crap you are spouting doesn't matter even a bit because the fact is you haven't played it. End of story.

Take it easy Chief.

Holy shit you're angry 😁

Also : absolutely zero self awareness, try to - at the very least - acknowledge what the fook you're typing, you keep contradicting yourself.

Take care my man, try to not pop up a vein 'cause, yeah...😉

Elysium44

Banned
What's the problem with the length? I beat Resident evil 2 remake and resident evil 3 remake in under 2 hours each. Want to guess how much they cost at launch?

I doubt you beat RE3 in two hours on your first playthrough, but regardless, Resident Evil games are designed to be played through multiple times and give incentives to do so. Hellblade AFAIK doesn't have any reason to play again.

To really 'beat' RE3 in my eyes is getting all the trophies / achievements which will be minimum 20+ hours.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights

Human AI

Banned

Sony Stealing Our Exclusives? HOLD MY MOUNTAIN DEW!

Alright, Xbox fam, gather 'round for some serious tea. Apparently, in some bizarre alternate reality, Sony's getting their grubby mitts on Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2!
WHAT IN MASTER CHIEF'S NAME IS GOING ON?!

Now, look, I'm not one to cry foul over every little thing. But Hellblade 2? This was supposed to be an Xbox exclusive! A crown jewel in the growing kingdom of Game Pass!
Microsoft even owns Ninja Theory now! Did someone forget to tell them the memo?

Maybe it's some weird marketing ploy. A strategic move to drum up hype before they announce the REAL platform: glorious Xbox Series X/S!

If not...well, this is a dark day for Xbox nation. A betrayal of the highest order!
But fear not, my brethren! We have Halo Infinite, Starfield, and enough Game Pass titles to keep us busy for a lifetime. We will persevere!

Let this be a lesson, though. We can't trust these so-called exclusives anymore. We gotta stay vigilant, keep the faith in Phil Spencer, and remember:
Xbox may have lost a battle, but the war for console dominance is far from over.
For glory! For Microsoft! For Craig the Brute!

That game has disappointed me with nearly every showing except the one with the giant. I think at that time Microsoft was trying to sell the game as something it is clearly not.

Think it will be mostly a movie and the only reason it reviews well, is that reviewers pretend to have a sense for art or because they are scared if they give a bad score to a game with this kind of subject.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
Is this the same guy mentioned in the OP as the source?

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Jesus fucking Christ.

“I need some time to process this.”

“This feels like a betrayal.”

These are the phrases you utter in the weeks before you file for divorce. I truly cannot fathom what it is like to be so utterly consumed by a brand like these people are. Do they just have no concept of self-identity? Are they really that invested in the propaganda they’ve been fed? I mean, it is a little satisfying, with no small measure of schadenfreude, to see MS’s evangelism bit them in the arse here, but it’s also a really depressing glimpse into the fragility of the human psyche.

Last edited:
Yeah. When I saw they were posting this type of stuff on Twitter, I made it clear they were making a movie in the guise of a game

Yep. This is a fucking joke. They kept showing off this game in the biggest events and blew us away with the visuals, music, and art direction...only to tell us it's probably less than 8 hours long and selling for $40. Neither of these are inherently bad things but we can read between the lines that such a short game at a low price tag is not meant to be some juggernaut that sells systems.

This is just a baffling decision. Don't give it so much attention and hype if it's just gonna be a short-ass game we'll have all forgotten within a few days.
People here want AAA games but then you shun the art and cinematography when they are brought up?

Also both have less bearing on the length of the game than you think. If that were the case, Death Stranding would have been 6 hours.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
People here want AAA games but then you shun the art and cinematography when they are brought up?

Also both have less bearing on the length of the game than you think. If that were the case, Death Stranding would have been 6 hours.
Keyword: game.

I want something to play, not watch.

Last edited:
For one, I didn’t rant about gameplay and for two, is this a serious question?
hmm-dr-iggy-frome.gif

I thought it over and saw the different paths to this conversation. So to avoid a debate as old as gaming itself, I'll answer no, my question isn't a serious question. Keep attaching monetary value to hour amount and I'll not bother you about it.

Beechos

Pretty much every ms game from now until eternity will prob have a similar rumor.

Man at this point all the ninja theory show off shit on how they make the game will be longer than the game itself.

Top Bottom