• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Xbox Showcase Lineup Potentially Leaked

Fake or Real?

• Team Real

Votes: 95 26.6%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 262 73.4%

• Total voters

Kuranghi

Hoping the actual one is far better than that. That won’t move the needle much.

As with most things Xbox, I’m there for Fable but little else.

I definitely think this is fake but how could it be "far better" than this list? Like announce 5-10 new IPs? I don't think there is much in development we don't know about that they could/would show right now. They haven't even shown gameplay of most of the big titles they announced 3-4 years ago for pete's sake.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Sony has the rights for Wukong marketing so it wouldn't be at a xbox show or on GamePass.
Also like others have said, Project Awakening is definitely tied to Sony. This is fake.

feynoob

yeah that seems highly unlikely, it’d be really stupid for one (and if true further demonstrates how Xbox was BSing about ”case by case” basis for Bethesda exclusives because why would they do that with an MMO if it’s going to be on consoles at all?)
MMO generally thrive on huge audience, so minimizing the audience is already huge mistake. I doubt MS is stupid to make that decision. There is a lot of money on the line as times goes on.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
If you believe the list then it's better than Sony showing on paper but far from anything stellar.

There's a few titles there I'll be keeping an eye on. I'm as picky as the next and KI isn't one of those unfortunately.

Hugare

If it's fake, it's a damn good fake, imo

Nothing absurd like "SKYRIM REMAKE". Lots of safe bets and spicy stuff here and there (Persona 3 Remake)

Sea of Thieves: Tales of the Monkey Island is such an out there (but perfect) suggestion that I'm inclined to believe that this may be real after all

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
That's... bad. I hope it's fake.

Bad Boy Car GIF

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Sounds way too stuffed for its own good. Also any rumor with "take with grain of salt" speaks alot about the lack of confidence of the info.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I love the idea that Xbox’s highest echelon are such dumb arses that they need to write the games down in a nice convenient list. For what purpose would they need to do that? For whose benefit? Who cares I guess.

These lists are what a 10 year old thinks Phil Spencer has to write down. Like he needs a to do list to remember because he’s such a fucking idiot or some shit.

I love the idea that Xbox’s highest echelon are such dumb arses that they need to write the games down in a nice convenient list. For what purpose would they need to do that? For whose benefit? Who cares I guess.

These lists are what a 10 year old thinks Phil Spencer has to write down. Like he needs a to do list to remember because he’s such a fucking idiot or some shit.
I thought there was zero reason for a list, but you're starting to convince me after mentioning Phil might need it for being a fucking idiot.

I definitely think this is fake but how could it be "far better" than this list? Like announce 5-10 new IPs? I don't think there is much in development we don't know about that they could/would show right now. They haven't even shown gameplay of most of the big titles they announced 3-4 years ago for pete's sake.
If it can’t be far better then they won’t move the needle. It’s their job to surprise and delight us.

Like I have said, I’m there for Fable and little else from Xbox so far. Open to being surprised but showing me games I have little interest in again won’t make me view them more positively.

Xbox have to bring the heat this time. For my tastes that list is tepid.

Begleiter

If you believe the list then it's better than Sony showing on paper but far from anything stellar.

There's a few titles there I'll be keeping an eye on. I'm as picky as the next and KI isn't one of those unfortunately.
This is what's inclining me towards real - there's an effort being made, but not on the level that could be. There's definitely a few question marks, like P3 remake and Lies of P being on GamePass so early rather than getting what they can from retail and hitting GP in six months or something.

splattered

If it can’t be far better then they won’t move the needle. It’s their job to surprise and delight us.

Like I have said, I’m there for Fable and little else from Xbox so far. Open to being surprised but showing me games I have little interest in again won’t make me view them more positively.

Xbox have to bring the heat this time. For my tastes that list is tepid.

What are your tastes?

This is what's inclining me towards real - there's an effort being made, but not on the level that could be. There's definitely a few question marks, like P3 remake and Lies of P being on GamePass so early rather than getting what they can from retail and hitting GP in six months or something.
Microsoft have conditioned their fanbase into wanting exclusives on Gamepass one. It’s an expensive trap they’ve got themselves in.

Fredrik

Namco coming in for Killer Instinct 2 would be among the most awesome announcements I can think of, besides maybe Moon coming back for Ori 3 or Viva Pinata being resurrected. I’ll keep thinking this is fake to spare me from disappointment.

What are your tastes?
I like cinematic story driven action games, either linear or open world.

I like some open world sandbox games.

I like JRPGs (FF, Dragon Quest etc). Not a fan of Atlus games.

Like some platformers but need a good story to go with them.

LOVE Fable. I am really hoping they’ve kept the quirky, whimsical British charm and it’s single player only with no element of MP or Co-op. I just want a bigger, better, more beautiful Fable game after being done dirty all these years.

Microsoft have some examples of those genres in there, but I’m not a fan of the franchises (GOW, Hellblade, Persona), so it isn’t a showcase that would personality captivate me.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Gotta love how all these showcases love to print out super easy lists apparently to just send everywhere so any ol Tom dick n Harry can get it

Lol dis fake as fuck yall

Now is wukong real?

I don't doubt that some games are real from the list. Not sure about Wukong considering that I still doubt that they game will come out:messenger_tears_of_joy:

There's definitely a few question marks, like P3 remake and Lies of P being on GamePass so early rather than getting what they can from retail and hitting GP in six months or something.
We literally know that Lies of P is Day 1 Game Pass game.

Last edited:

Thief1987

There's definitely a few question marks, like P3 remake and Lies of P being on GamePass so early rather than getting what they can from retail and hitting GP in six months or something.
Lies of P in particular was announced as a day one gamepass title at the last year's xbox showcase.

Last edited:

Gojiira

Banned
It's not labeled as exclusive on the list. It just says "announcement".

Saying is "meh" is weird, it would be very good i think. But i also think it's completely fake.
True true but it was already announced as a PS exclusive ages ago so it still makes no sense tbh. Still we’ll see.

Top Bottom