• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Xbox Showcase Lineup Potentially Leaked

Fake or Real?

• Team Real

Votes: 95 26.6%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 262 73.4%

• Total voters

Topher

Gold Member
? I’m just posting my opinion. No need to get salty.

lol….no salt whatsoever. Just making a point that gaming has something for everyone, including those who like games with high production values (cinematic). That’s a good thing.

Do you want MS to go that route?
Or do you want them to make big SP games?
I like them to go the route of games like Diablo and Gears. Provide both single player and multiplayer experience.

However, if I had to chose between GAAS vs single player I will choose the former as long as it is done right.

WoW, CSGO, Halo, Gears, Diablo provide some of the best gaming experience and last longer than single players.

I’m excited to see what Sony does in the future with GAAS.

feynoob

I like them to go the route of games like Diablo and Gears. Provide both single player and multiplayer experience.

However, if I had to chose between GAAS vs single player I will choose the former as long as it is done right.

WoW, CSGO, Halo, Gears, Diablo provide some of the best gaming experience and last longer than single players.

I’m excited to see what Sony does in the future with GAAS.
People don't like that.
I would rather MS go with SP route like fable, cyberpunk 2077 and hopefully a red dead redemption like game.

EdGalTBR

Banned
Change their trajectory in the market or become as big as Nintendo and Sony first party releases. They need that to happen to gain marketshare and mindshare from their rivals.
Starfield, Forza Motorsport, Diablo 4, Call of Duty 2023, Minecraft Legends, and more won't be as big as Nintendo and Sony first party?

Are you kidding? Is this a joke?

Fable in 2023 is not 'huge'. The last one or indeed any of them have never sold even close to the same ballpark as recent PS first party titles have they, which was my point. I would actually call it 'irrelevent' today outside of the Xbox hardcore audience. The trajectory of the series shows that.

feynoob

Fable in 2023 is not 'huge'. The last one or indeed any of them have never sold even close to the same ballpark as recent PS first party titles have they, which was my point.
It's as huge as God of war during that period.

The entire series sold 12m for 3 entry with fable 2 selling 5m copies.

Keep in mind that those numbers were huge at that time.
I would actually call it 'irrelevent' today outside of the Xbox hardcore audience. The trajectory of the series shows that.
Maybe in your echo forum.
not everything has to be compared to PS games. Hell PS games aren't that big, as Nintendo games dwarfs them completely.

i mean animal crossing, a farming game sold the same amount as of 2 biggest selling PS games.

but I am not going to go with that route, as that is fanboys argument.

MY points comes from the fact that the game is an rpg game, and those sell a lot these days. That makes fable a huge game.

Last edited:
And God of war was selling 4m copies for each entries at that time.
I feel like I see where your coming from with this. I never played barely any of the fable games, but I did here and there. I know, much like GOW, that the bones are there to make a game that could appeal to the masses. Especially with all the capabilities we have these days. I want to be able to dive into an awesome fantasy world if they do it right.

feynoob

I feel like I see where your coming from with this. I never played barely any of the fable games, but I did here and there. I know, much like GOW, that the bones are there to make a game that could appeal to the masses. Especially with all the capabilities we have these days. I want to be able to dive into an awesome fantasy world if they do it right.
Same here. The concept is great. Hope they can utlize that very well with current technology.
Its one of those cool concept that can bring a new change to the rpg world right now.

Take it with a truckload of salt

tenor.gif

Of all the fake press show leaks this one at least looks more realistic, but yeah its 100% fake. They always are.

Call of duty is suppose to come out this year but idk Shid I didn’t see it at the Sony show or Summer Games fest. Could Xbox have the marketing rights back for cod?

Last edited:
I think Forza Horizon 6 will be released in 2024. However, not sure if they will show the game so it doesn’t steal thunder from Forza Motorsport. Maybe announce they are working on the game and where it takes place.

It's fake.
First off, Gears 6 isn't ready to be shown off yet, and with all the other games starting to get ready to drop they don't need to show it anyway.

It's as huge as God of war during that period.

The entire series sold 12m for 3 entry with fable 2 selling 5m copies.

Keep in mind that those numbers were huge at that time.

Maybe in your echo forum.
not everything has to be compared to PS games. Hell PS games aren't that big, as Nintendo games dwarfs them completely.

i mean animal crossing, a farming game sold the same amount as of 2 biggest selling PS games.

but I am not going to go with that route, as that is fanboys argument.

MY points comes from the fact that the game is an rpg game, and those sell a lot these days. That makes fable a huge game.
It's not huge but it's my favorite xbox IP and I'm glad they are bringing it back, I just hope they don't try to do what they did with the cancelled MP game and put the fable name on something that isn't really fable. It needs to have the humor and charm of the originals as well as the freedom to make your character whatever you want without having to pick a class.

Fable 3 sold several million copies less than Fable 2 that's not a good sign. I loved all 3 games although the tech issues in 3 should have been addressed before it was released.

feynoob

It's not huge but it's my favorite xbox IP and I'm glad they are bringing it back, I just hope they don't try to do what they did with the cancelled MP game and put the fable name on something that isn't really fable. It needs to have the humor and charm of the originals as well as the freedom to make your character whatever you want without having to pick a class.

Fable 3 sold several million copies less than Fable 2 that's not a good sign. I loved all 3 games although the tech issues in 3 should have been addressed before it was released.
This is the lead writer.

Check her bio. She worked on dishonored.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
FParN7X_d.webp

Take it with a truckload of salt

tenor.gif

Well the Stalker 2 game is supposedly not getting any news this year according to the developers so that already has to be wrong.

I'm looking forward to Avowed and wishful thinking but something about Elder Scrolls VI.

Well, tbh I thought Crash Team Rumble and The Wandering Tower were already announced, and those are legit XBOX games.

I have the feeling at least 80-90% of that list will make it

Top Bottom