• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Gp1

I’m sharing a Twitter thread about Ukraine war software - I don’t know if it’s true, but it’s trippy.

Trent is well known in the defense circles. At least since the beginning this shitstorm.

He's been posting a lot of very interesting insights. The kind that no one on the mainstream media pays too much attention to.

Last edited:

The Russian articles on Lenta.ru (one of their largest sites) called Putin a “pitiful paranoid dictator” and accused him of waging “the bloodiest war of the 21st century”.​

renderTimingPixel.png

svt.se/kultur...

No shit!!! Also:

The Coup in the Kremlin: How Putin and the Security Services Captured the Russian State​

renderTimingPixel.png

foreignaffairs.com/articl...

fascist GIF

Kenpachii

Why would they want to...

Nothing but an empty, vacuous talking shop designed to give Germany the economic means to do what it can no longer accomplish by military means.

All this tree hugging, EU brotherhood horseshit, is just that, superficial horseshit. Scratch beneath the surface and all the historic tensions are there, waiting to surface and as the last few months have demonstrated, Countries will only go so far, until it threatens their own, internal selfish interests.

Lol dude, the west will bankroll the country and push it into the modern times within a decade. There youth and everybody capable to work will move up in salary massively because they will all move to the west to work there in factory's for far more money they could ever earn in there own country which will snowball incomes upwards massively and evolve there country into a modern like western country. There whole infrastructure and everything will get bankrolled by the west while at it. Lots of people in high positions basically every position will see gains here.

Welcome to eastern europe joining the EU, its already a thing for many years now.

However if populations are going to take it up there ass for another eastern country that devalue's there own salary's and labor wages with massive competition and devolve there neightbourhoods into eastern work camps and wait lists of there houses becoming even bigger. Doubt it. It only takes 1 i believe to vote against them joining and that will be no issue to reach.

Last edited:

Patrick S.

Banned
Welcome to eastern europe joining the EU, its already a thing for many years now.
I live near a big hub of one of the main parcel delivery services in Germany, and whenever I go to a supermarket that's nearby where all the delivery drivers buy their stuff, it's clear from hearing them speak that 99% of them are from Eastern Europe. I think that's kinda the only job most of them can aspire to, simply because they don't speak much of the German language. I'm sure they all work for minimum wage (I think minimum wage is like €10.xx), but compared to the wages in their countries, that's probably a fortune.

On a more critical note, there was some polemic a few months ago, where it turns out that a substantial number of Eastern European workers here receive the mandatory child support from the state (around €200/month), but then it turns out that those children don't even live in Germany, so of course that's a systematic fraud, because these children (if they even exist....) are of course not legally eligible for these payments.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Putin looks like every person I've known dying of some heart related disease or failure. They all swell up like that, either from the sickness or treatments or both. Remember George Carlin's final days?

Wildebeest

Not sure if I should feel happy thinking China may be deterred from doing something similar, or worried that they’ll learn valuable lessons for their inevitable flex on Taiwan…
The lesson they should learn is to get rid of that Pooh bear looking idiot as fast as possible, decentralize power, and sort out the hereditary corruption in the communist part. I encourage them to do so.

Tams

Where are you from? UK? That super succesful union that's also ready to collapse over the Irish question?
It's nowhere close to collapse.

Scotland and Northern Ireland are both divided on being in the union, but any move to change the status quo would likely lead to violence and everyone enjoys their comforts too much to risk that.

Anyway, let's nip this in the bud here, else we get banned.

Dr.D00p

Where are you from? UK? That super succesful union that's also ready to collapse over the Irish question?

Best to stick to what you know, Fritz.

..because you know nothing about the intricacies & subtleties of domestic UK politics.

The UK will outlast the likes of you..

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member

..because you know nothing about the intricacies & subtleties of domestic UK politics.

The UK will outlast the likes of you..

Fuck Germany for all the the reasons... But that UK/anglosphere shit is super WASPy.

Brexit was a total Russian play, so let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

FunkMiller

Brexit was a total Russian play, so let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

I do find it incredible that people still refuse to believe there was Russian influence on the Brexit campaign. Because Putin was well up for one of his most powerful enemies ostracising itself from another one.

Thankfully, it hasn’t damaged NATO’s strength at all.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll

Apparently I did know where you were from just from your scally comments. And is using a German nickname supposed to insult me? Thought you chavs were better at that. (PS am not German)

Last edited:

Tams

I do find it incredible that people still refuse to believe there was Russian influence on the Brexit campaign. Because Putin was well up for one of his most powerful enemies ostracising itself from another one.

Thankfully, it hasn’t damaged NATO’s strength at all.
There was definitely Russian influence, but many people in the UK were not happy with the EU.

It's that arrogance and hubris, like, say, 'IT WOZ DA RUSSIANS!', which is a complete dismissal of people's concerns and complaints (valid or not) that helped drive the vote to leave. I'd even go so far as to say it's our own attitudes like that, which had a greater impact on the referendum than any Russia funny games.

Any, this is prime p-word stuff, so let's stop. It's also only tangentially relevent anyway.

TransTrender

Gold Member
USA sign land-lease, Canada and UK provide actual financial and military help, meanwhile in EU parliament

I didn't watch because the cringe could be deadly, but was this performance concluded with a roaring round of 'jazz hands' because clapping is banned in there?

Top Bottom