• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sam Bankman-Fried found guilty

HoodWinked

Sam Bankman-Fried found guilty on all seven criminal fraud counts

two counts of wire fraud conspiracy;
two counts of wire fraud;
one count of conspiracy to commit money laundering;
one count of conspiracy to commit commodities fraud;
and one count of conspiracy to commit securities fraud.

XXL

Sky Uno Wow GIF by X Factor Italia

ProtoByte

Totally deserved for SBF but his parents played a big part in this if you read into what happened.
You mean his mother with all those NGOs that contributed money and service to multiple DNC campaigns?

Yeah, you can forget about the campaign finance side of all this; it won't get any attention because they dropped those charges, and the wider network that buffered SBF and FTX as a whole is deeply entrenched in the halls of politics. They'll lock him up and throw away the key because he's no longer useful.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
He broke the #1 rule of the financial world. You can fuck with the money belonging to the poors and the middle class. That's a slap on the wrist. That is a fine from the SEC. No worries. You do you Wolfie. However you cannot under any circumstances fuck with the money belonging to the rich and the upper class. You don't fuck with the cash of big business.

You will get caught. You will get the book thrown at you. You will be looking over your shoulder in prison for the foreseeable future.

thefool

After finding out more about his parents and their direct involvement in this, I don't absolve him or anything, but kinda feel bad kids can have shit people like that educating them and creating these monsters.

Sam was a serial scammer, never let anyone say otherwise, even if FTX depositors recovery is looking brighter.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Of course a lot of stuff could be considered "imaginary value" (like diamonds which infamously started as a marketing ploy), but this basement kid crypto nft imaginary "make up your own number, anything goes" value era has been something else..

Last edited:

dave_d

He broke the #1 rule of the financial world. You can fuck with the money belonging to the poors and the middle class. That's a slap on the wrist. That is a fine from the SEC. No worries. You do you Wolfie. However you cannot under any circumstances fuck with the money belonging to the rich and the upper class. You don't fuck with the cash of big business.

You will get caught. You will get the book thrown at you. You will be looking over your shoulder in prison for the foreseeable future.
Yeah, we call that the Madoff rule.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
If I may: a youtuber called Patrick Boyle who claims to have been hedge fund manager, university professor and investment banker has a series of videos on the FTX collapse and they're entertaining and informative. He even interviews the author of Number Go Up, a book about the crypto mania that was published recently:

Enjoy!

ahtlas7

Good that he’s going away for a long time but

“…Ellison, Wang, and Singh, who testified against Bankman-Fried (SBF), are likely to receive very light or even no prison sentences, according to several lawyers familiar with the case.”

season 8 showtime GIF by Shameless

Kenpachii

Not going to lie, if i would be locked up 110 years, i would either flee, or just off myself. What's the fucking point sitting in jail and just accepting that. This is also why i don't believe 110 year sentences are that useful, they are just dead sentences.

BlueAlpaca

Not going to lie, if i would be locked up 110 years, i would either flee, or just off myself. What's the fucking point sitting in jail and just accepting that. This is also why i don't believe 110 year sentences are that useful, they are just dead sentences.

They should offer prisoners a Swiss Suicide Pod option. Just go to sleep and leave this world.

Cyberpunkd

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

Top Bottom