• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Majors Found Guilty of Assault, Harassment

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

The verdict was reached on Monday by a six-person jury after roughly over four hours of deliberation spread across three days. Jonathan Majors, wearing a grey suit and black dress shirt and tie, sat with his attorneys, with family members and his girlfriend, Meagan Good, behind him as the verdict was read. He was found not guilty of intentional assault in the third degree and not guilty of aggravated harassment in second degree. Sentencing is set for Feb. 6.

Edit:

Fired from the MCU:

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

dis-gon-be-good-dr-droom-comic-book-innrtwrkugnbrawi.gif

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
The title says found guilty of assault, harassment.
But then there's this:
He was found not guilty of intentional assault in the third degree and not guilty of aggravated harassment in second degree
So what does that mean? What is actually found guilty of?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
The jury just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about MCU fan culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in normal movies where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over from the MCU, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the MCU fanbase, after hearing about this, is not going to want to support the justice system, nor will they serve on any jury duty. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but jury has alienated an entire market with this move.

Jury, publicly apologize and exonerate Jonathan Majors or you can kiss your inboxes goodbye.

Statement from the DA:
Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg tells TMZ, “At the Manhattan D.A.’s Office, we are committed to centering survivors in all of our work. The evidence presented throughout this trial illustrated a cycle of psychological and emotional abuse, and escalating patterns of coercion far too common across the many intimate partner violence cases we see each and every day."

Bragg continues, "Today, a jury determined that pattern of abuse and coercion culminated with Mr. Majors assaulting and harassing his girlfriend. We thank the jury for its service and the survivor for bravely telling her story despite having to relive her trauma on the stand."

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
The jury just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about MCU fan culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in normal movies where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over from the MCU, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the MCU fanbase, after hearing about this, is not going to want to support the justice system, nor will they serve on any jury duty. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but jury has alienated an entire market with this move.

Jury, publicly apologize and exonerate Jonathan Majors or you can kiss your inboxes goodbye.

captainamerica-marvel.gif

Pejo

One of the more bizarre situations around domestic abuse that I've seen in a while. Dude definitely hired the wrong lawyers though.

Time for DOOM.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm pleasantly surprised that Marvel Studios had the stones to wait until the trial concluded to decide his fate officially. They could have fired him the second the allegations arose just like many do these days.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Should have been a crime just for those texts alone where he compared himself to civil rights activists because he acts (poorly) in the MCU.

Billbofet

Should have been a crime just for those texts alone where he compared himself to civil rights activists because he acts (poorly) in the MCU.
I mean, the dude did have at least a solid year of everyone blowing smoke up his ass about how great he is at acting - even though he is identical in everything.

Top Bottom