• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Majors Found Guilty of Assault, Harassment

Where are all the dudes who chimed in with the usual "I'll wait until he's found guilty in court before judging him!!!!!!" takes when the stories started coming out? I bet they're totally ready to agree with the jury now, for sure. Any moment now.

He’s apparently being played by Borat
Interested Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

in the Ironheart show.
Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

RavageX

found it very manufactured and artificial how Majors went from never being heard of to being in every AAA movie. Now he's gone as quickly as he came.
That's exactly how it is in most entertainment. You get a rocket lit under your ass into fame(music, film...pro wrestling) and you are seen everywhere. The price you pay is that most of your life will be strongly looked at. One wrong opinion, bad relationship or general stupidity and your done son.

BUT....some people do manage to get a few passes on stupidity (drug use, etc).

FeralEcho

“Avengers: The Kang Dynasty” opening in May 2026

“Avengers: The Stark Dynasty feat. The Class Of 2012" opening ASAP!!!!!

main-qimg-d13bc93d3d3034d492a99124b8df3c2d-pjlq

37b19c0c5b5d0465-600x338.jpg

89sr5t.jpg

People still don't understand that the problem with today's Marvel isnt the actors or characters, it's the fucking writting and the whole m-she-u and activist trope that's become such a meme.Even if these characters come back they'll write them in such ass backwards way that you'll wish they stayed dead.

kunonabi

People still don't understand that the problem with today's Marvel isnt the actors or characters, it's the fucking writting and the whole m-she-u and activist trope that's become such a meme.Even if these characters come back they'll write them in such ass backwards way that you'll wish they stayed dead.
I mean they tanked the end of all the avengers' character arcs back in Endgame so they're already damaged goods as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

Edit:

Fired from the MCU:

Wow! A verdict before firing? Can this be the new normal, or were there certain circumstances in this situation and waiting for someone to have their day in court still isn't going to happen for most other people?

Last edited:

Mesousa

Banned
Reckless third-degree assault? Thats a joke.

I hope all the men in here using this to get cheap shots off on Disney's recent diversity choices know they are just one emotional girlfriend/partner, or an activist DA trying to make a name for themselves, away from being in the same place as Majors.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Reckless third-degree assault? Thats a joke.

I hope all the men in here using this to get cheap shots off on Disney's recent diversity choices know they are just one emotional girlfriend/partner, or an activist DA trying to make a name for themselves, away from being in the same place as Majors.

1000% everyone at work today (men, women, everyone) is agreed that we're all one love interest away from the stupidest things we can possibility do. Crazy relationships bring out the crazy in everyone, its soooo easy for love/romance to turn toxic and destructive, and decision making goes out the window even for the most well behaved of individuals. Love/Lust can make villains into heros and its scorn can turn heros into villains more than anything else in this world.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm pleasantly surprised that Marvel Studios had the stones to wait until the trial concluded to decide his fate officially. They could have fired him the second the allegations arose just like many do these days.
He didn't step too far off the political plantation at the time.

Gina's comments about how a demographic are acting like literal Nazis and don't forget history sure is some sweet "told ya so" tea post October 7th.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
He didn't step too far off the political plantation at the time.

Gina's comments about how a demographic are acting like literal Nazis and don't forget history sure is some sweet "told ya so" tea post October 7th.

He was fired the same time everyone else abandoned him. Their saying he's fired came within less than 5 minutes that the verdict was handed down. They just didn't want to look like they were abandoning a black actor like the rest of Hollywood was.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He was fired the same time everyone else abandoned him. Their saying he's fired came within less than 5 minutes that the verdict was handed down. They just didn't want to look like they were abandoning a black actor like the rest of Hollywood was.
How dignifying for them. You don't see the problem here with their selective racism/sexism?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
How dignifying for them. You don't see the problem here with their selective racism/sexism?
They were trying to be like "Hey! Look! We're the good guys! We didn't abandon him! We just decided to fire him a couple minutes before the verdict was even widely known!"

Last edited:
Reacting to abuse is not abuse despite it being termed by many "reactive abuse". It does a disservice to victims everywhere by labeling them as "abusers".

He overreacted/assaulted her first after she grabbed his phone, but then she proceeded to chase, pull/push and yell at him down the street when he was trying to bounce. That's toxic and abusive, I don't think it's right to say that is just reactive and should be passed up.

I'm not saying that him and her are on the same level, but she is toxic/harassing and got away with it cleanly. He of course should be charged for doing all the things he did.

If the roles were exactly in reverse, we would destroying him all the same.

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
He overreacted/assaulted her first after she grabbed his phone, but then she proceeded to chase, pull/push and yell at him down the street when he was trying to bounce. That's toxic and abusive, I don't think it's right to say that is just reactive and should be passed up.

I'm not saying that him and her are on the same level, but she is toxic/harassing and got away with it cleanly. He of course should be charged for doing all the things he did.

If the roles were exactly in reverse, we would destroying him all the same.
I don't know much about her but I know firsthand that continuous abuse can give you cptsd and make you react in ways that you wouldn't normally.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
These guys really do need life coaches when they suddenly hit the big time, first thing they should do is delete all their socials, break up any relationships and hire a PR firm to sort it all out and then just put your head down into work work work for the next few years to build that fame/money

These guys really do need life coaches when they suddenly hit the big time, first thing they should do is delete all their socials, break up any relationships and hire a PR firm to sort it all out and then just put your head down into work work work for the next few years to build that fame/money

Yeah they do. The western world is a different place for now for men, you do have to be careful even as a normal joe. The US culture is so cut throat all the way around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom