• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Majors Found Guilty of Assault, Harassment

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
The texts and voice recordings from the UK last year lack context ... Like "the plan" he spoke of WAS for her to be a big time social media influencer (she's a body movement coach for movies and TV) and he was telling her her drinking and bringing random people over was a hindrance.

Edit: he was also worried that if she went to the hospital about her head injury, the police would think HE did it. I'm not sure how her injury happened but he didn't hurt her. But he was obviously frustrated with her and her behavior.

He was found guilty of reckless assault (meaning it was unintentional) probably for picking her up and putting her back in the SUV... And she probably hit her head in the door frame when he did that. The harassment charge is a non-criminal charge. He wasn't convicted for the more serious assault charge.
That definitely happens for sure. Like you said we don’t know her like that, but we do know about him and his toxicity at least.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They have the perfect recasting option already.

GBqrlU1WUAA7brh.png

Last edited:

Toons

He fit the DEI narrative that Disney is peddling these days.

Hes literally like only black guy in the one marvel movie he is was in. Oh there's that alien guy who can read minds in it for 5 seconds.

Yall just saying anything at this point lmao

All ima say is you can't convince me this girl was scared of him chasing him down city blocks but it is what it is. Disney handled it right waiting for something to happen first..

And I dont wanna hear about depp. He did way worse stuff than anything majors did, he just had a worse person he was hatef***ing.

Last edited:

thefool

They most likely did it for all the wrong reasons, but this is how companies should proceed.
But its hard to take seriously a company that ditched actors for milquetoast tweets and waited for an assault and harassment verdict.

Man; some people on youtube going crazy... like he ran away, did not fight the Lady, did everything right... and somehow the Lady is unconscious with a broken finger...

Same Creator has a video where a chick gets hit in the face with a brick... He shows video evidence and the proceed to claim she only had a tooth abscess...

Last edited by a moderator:

Trilobit

Honestly after that comment about how they aren't going to Disney+ him and pointing out that he was both a token AND wasted potential as a rogue stormtrooper I'm shocked that anyone is hiring him for speaking the truth about Disney

I wish they would have done something interesting with his character. He seemed like a total Star Wars fanboy so it must have been heartbreaking for him to open the script to The Last Jedi.

I also wish they would have been braver with Rey. She should have become a Sith in the end. The Disney trilogy can be summarized into to words: wasted potential.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I wish they would have done something interesting with his character. He seemed like a total Star Wars fanboy so it must have been heartbreaking for him to open the script to The Last Jedi.

I also wish they would have been braver with Rey. She should have become a Sith in the end. The Disney trilogy can be summarized into to words: wasted potential.

You said nothing but the truth

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Could not agree more. That should also have been the obvious outcome for an all powerful Mary Sue with little to no emotional training.

The literal seed of Palpatine.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Could not agree more. That should also have been the obvious outcome for an all powerful Mary Sue with little to no emotional training.

The literal seed of Palpatine.
Just wait, maybe the Rey film begins with her waking up on the derelict Millenium Falcon, still on that desert planet, and the ENTIRE ST was a fever dream based on her dreams of being a jedi. Then they can properly tell a decent story unburdened by any legacy characters.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Just wait, maybe the Rey film begins with her waking up on the derelict Millenium Falcon, still on that desert planet, and the ENTIRE ST was a fever dream based on her dreams of being a jedi. Then they can properly tell a decent story unburdened by any legacy characters.
Lando Calrissian Good Luck GIF by Star Wars

Trilobit

To help me cope back in the ST days, I spent unhealthy amounts of time on r/saltierthancrait on reddit. The amount of theories on how Lucasarts could write off the ST mess was plentiful. Some incorporated the world between worlds. I still wish for something like that to appear so that The Mandalorian doesn't lead in to Jake Skywalker and Leia Poppins.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
To help me cope back in the ST days, I spent unhealthy amounts of time on r/saltierthancrait on reddit. The amount of theories on how Lucasarts could write off the ST mess was plentiful. Some incorporated the world between worlds. I still wish for something like that to appear so that The Mandalorian doesn't lead in to Jake Skywalker and Leia Poppins.
Me too. Normally I can handle stupid writing choices. Doctor Who Timeless Child? Stupid but whatever, it can be something workable by a great writer like RTD. Xmen killing Cyclopse? No big deal, keep going didnt need him anyway! Game of Thrones Season 8? Horrible but House of Dragons and the eventual Jon Sno show can revive it.

But man what they did with Star Wars.... I just can't see any way forward that makes sense and doesn't feel completely void of universe breaking stupidity.

Last edited:

Sonik

No fucking way the Rey film happens now, right? They don't want to bankrupt themselves, right?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
No fucking way the Rey film happens now, right? They don't want to bankrupt themselves, right?

Eh I could see a Rey movie still breaking at least 750 million which would presumably cover its budget and marketing. It would be seen as a bit of a brand failure but nothing that would actually lose money. Just put a bunch of lightsabers in the trailer and you’ll get a quarter billion from that alone.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

The character itself wasn't the problem but how she was written.

Put in competent writers who understand the universe and you can have a great movie.

Take RoboCop for example... In less competent hands (writer and director) it would have been fucking terrible! C-Movie level!

Sonik

Eh I could see a Rey movie still breaking at least 750 million which would presumably cover its budget and marketing. It would be seen as a bit of a brand failure but nothing that would actually lose money. Just put a bunch of lightsabers in the trailer and you’ll get a quarter billion from that alone.

You can quote me on this, if this ever happens no way this breaks even given how fast Disney's brands and reputation are collapsing. No one cared or even remembers Rey because she's not even a character at all, there's nothing distinctive about her, she had no realistic hurdles, no personality traits, nothing that will make people care enough to watch the new Disney product. The jig is up for Disney, they actually have to create decent characters now for anyone to even care

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You can quote me on this, if this ever happens no way this breaks even given how fast Disney's brands and reputation are collapsing. No one cared or even remembers Rey because she's not even a character at all, there's nothing distinctive about her, she had no realistic hurdles, no personality traits, nothing that will make people care enough to watch the new Disney product. The jig is up for Disney, they actually have to create decent characters now for anyone to even care
I'm no star wars buff, nor have I even watched all the SW movies or spin off movies.

I'm someone who prefers sci-fi movies being gritty, dark, bloody etc.... I'd rather watch a Bale Batman or Blade vs. Shazam or comedyfest Avengers movies with one-liner every few minutes.

But even though the modern SW movies are much cooler to look at, more serious, and they resemble Bale Batman movies vs Batman Forever, I'd actually rather watch the old SW flicks. I've seen some of the modern day SW movies and thought they were junk and never even watched them a second time. That first movie years back was basically the same plot as the original where I thought if it was meant to be a remake.

Even though those are 40 year old movies with low budgets, alien puppets, and Han Solo quipping insults back and forth with Chewbacca, there's something about the old flicks that has magic to it. And i'm not even a SW afincionado to begin with. Those space battles are epic even though looking back are archaic in tech and acting.

Rey is forgettable. If I had to think about a list of SW characters and write them down, I'd put Lando or his fish face partner higher. I'd put the It's a Trap alien guy higher.

Last edited:

Sonik

The character itself wasn't the problem but how she was written.

Put in competent writers who understand the universe and you can have a great movie.

Take RoboCop for example... In less competent hands (writer and director) it would have been fucking terrible! C-Movie level!

I'm so confused, so "the character wasn't the problem but how she was written" which means... the character was the problem because she was written terribly? That's like saying the building suddenly collapsed not because it was faulty but because of how it was constructed.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I'm so confused, so "the character wasn't the problem but how she was written" which means... the character was the problem because she was written terribly? That's like saying the building suddenly collapsed not because it was faulty but because of how it was constructed.

You're really not getting it. I explained it and J jason10mm even gave an example... It's not rocket science.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
You're really not getting it. I explained it and J jason10mm even gave an example... It's not rocket science.

I think redeeming Rey at this point would be extremely difficult. She’s seen as a a Mary Sue who hijacked a family she had nothing to do with, in a terrible story, in two terrible films and one mediocre one. She’s representative of the same kind of movie making philosophy that just sent The Marvels into the grave. Not saying it’s impossible to redeem her… but do you really think Disney is going to do anything like that? Or will they make another girl boss movie, where she learns nothing, doesn’t grow as a character, and is never, ever portrayed as weak or fallible in any way, shape or form?

ManaByte

Gold Member
who hijacked a family she had nothing to do with

That was George's entire theme of the Sequel Trilogy, which JJ Abrams destroyed by making her a Palpatine. Tayrn/Thea/Winkie was a 14 year old nobody in George's outline who meets a crazed hermit Luke (who then dies) and goes on to become a Jedi, adopting the Skywalker name the way an adopted kid takes on the family name. George spent 25 years raising three adopted kids (two girls and a boy) and that was his inspiration for the ST. The entire point was that the midichorlians exist in all living things (like Obi-Wan says in the very first Star Wars movie) and anyone can learn to hear them and use the Force. It wasn't tied to one sacred bloodline, just like his kids have the Lucas last name, but aren't his blood.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
They’re making an Eternals sequel. He might even be in Blade.
When was that confirmed? All I've ever heard was a planned sequel for Phase 5, but nothing ever actually confirmed, and the Phase 5 and Phase 6 roadmaps doesn't have it on it (though it does have Blade, but other than the end credit scene I've seen no confirmation Kit or any Eternal cast member is being brought it)

ManaByte

Gold Member
When was that confirmed? All I've ever heard was a planned sequel for Phase 5, but nothing ever actually confirmed, and the Phase 5 and Phase 6 roadmaps doesn't have it on it (though it does have Blade, but other than the end credit scene I've seen no confirmation Kit or any Eternal cast member is being brought it)

There were EIGHT movies not on the Phase 6 image, and Secret Wars is now 2028.

phase-six-movies.jpg

Soodanim

Gold Member
You know how people say it's not about the fact that you're going from A-B, but the journey? I think it's like that. You could hit on most of the same major plot points but go about them in very different ways to come out with a character that isn't hated for being a nothing character.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
That was George's entire theme of the Sequel Trilogy, which JJ Abrams destroyed by making her a Palpatine. Tayrn/Thea/Winkie was a 14 year old nobody in George's outline who meets a crazed hermit Luke (who then dies) and goes on to become a Jedi, adopting the Skywalker name the way an adopted kid takes on the family name. George spent 25 years raising three adopted kids (two girls and a boy) and that was his inspiration for the ST. The entire point was that the midichorlians exist in all living things (like Obi-Wan says in the very first Star Wars movie) and anyone can learn to hear them and use the Force. It wasn't tied to one sacred bloodline, just like his kids have the Lucas last name, but aren't his blood.

That sounded like it would have been better certainly.

Roxkis_ii

That's exactly how it is in most entertainment. You get a rocket lit under your ass into fame(music, film...pro wrestling) and you are seen everywhere. The price you pay is that most of your life will be strongly looked at. One wrong opinion, bad relationship or general stupidity and your done son.

BUT....some people do manage to get a few passes on stupidity (drug use, etc).
RGMa6HO.png

Top Bottom