• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Say something negative about a game you love

Eimran

Insomniac's Spiderman. A magnificent game and truly a worthy successor to PS2's Spiderman-2.

But my God is that cover boring. It feels like they were out of inspiration or just lazy.
UFUsCjL.jpg

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Balatro does unfortunately become a lot of meta chasing when you're playing high difficulties / challenge decks. Spending a few minutes rerolling for a good starting point basically.

RickSanchez

Gold Member
Baldur's Gate 3:
- Cutscenes are not pausable ! The game itself is not pausable! It's not an mmo on a server, it is a single-player game. You should simply be able to pause it. And no, entering turn-based mode only pauses a small area around the player, not the full game world, and it is largely useless when exploring.
- Karlach's story ending is very unsatisfying. There should be one quest towards the end that actually lets you cure/remove her infernal engine.

Spider-Man 2:
- We needed more Symbiote Peter and more Venom in the game. Not the rushed third act we got.
- Killing iconic villains off-screen is not ok.

God of War Ragnarok:
- Don't force me to play as Atreus, that little shit is utterly powerless compared to Kratos.

Horizon Forbidden West:
- I love Aloy but god damn, she can be an annoying, petulant, arrogant asshole bitch sometimes.

Mass Effect trilogy:
- Everyone knows this one: your choices dont matter beyond saving some party members.

Deus Ex Human Revolution:
- Same as Mass Effect, the ending was super-unsatisfying

Splinter Cell Conviction:
- Why no non-lethal option?! Why can't i hide bodies ? WTF. Most uncharacteristic Splinter Cell game. Still liked it.

Splinter Cell Blacklist:
- Those Grim missions where you can't save and there are no checkpoints, those missions make my blood boil

Prey 2017:
- Bethesda should have let Arkane name it somethin else, something more memorable.
- The secret ending where
you find out you're a Typhon and Earth is already taken over by the Typhon......i did not like that.
That could have been in a separate game or a sequel.

Death Stranding:
- Vehicle handling & physics are infuriating

Far Cry 4:
- You play the whole game in the Himalayas and you almost never encounter any snow, at all, except in some scripted missions segments. Without snow it feels like any other mountain range in the world. But still my favourite Far Cry.

Red Dead Redemption 2:
- I get that rockstar were going for immersion by animating every single action in the game, but when looting a body takes a 5-10 second animation every time, and you've just massacred some gang and are faced with a dozen dead bodies to loot, it can get real frustrating, real fast.

The Witcher 3:
- The entire first act in Velen feels like such a drag. I can't quite explain why, but it just does. I think its because im a simp for Triss, and you dont meet her till you get to Novigrad.

Cyberpunk 2077:
- 3+ years after release, it still has the most random fucking bugs
- Yet another game where your choices in missions or even your life-path does not matter at all. The RPG mechanics are just bad for a game that calls itself an RPG.

Last edited:

Dazraell

• Skellige's points of interest on The Witcher 3 just sucks
  • Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time has a very clunky combat which made encounters before save points really frustrating
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order's opening level is the worst level in game
  • Hubs in Mass Effect 2 are way too tiny

Last edited:
Good thread premise, terrible first post. Just grow a pair and actually say something negative about the GAME, not its marketing.

• Fallout 1/2 couldn't solve or make fun when you angry the whole town. It's a slog and everybody automatically knows you did something. It's terrible.
  • MvsC2 is an infinite combo nightmare.
  • Demon's Souls black/white world tendency was a terrible mechanic.
  • Persona 5 Royal dungeons are lackluster, the enemies being a blob, the whole design is terrible. So is exploring the subway and most of the combat sites when doing exploration.

Last edited:

kikkis

Sekiro. I dont like having to look to guides for healing upgrades. Or having to see guide for complete play through. Also pointless loot like sugars.

Eimran

Good thread premise, terrible first post. Just grow a pair and actually say something negative about the GAME, not its marketing.
Who took a shit on your toast this morning?

I said something about the game. Not only gameplay/story/... cover is also part of the game you buy.

Deal with it.

RickSanchez

Gold Member
Dishonored saga, great lore for the location but boy the main plot in both games is kinda meh.
Plot definitely feels very basic and unoriginal but level design and game mechanics are so fucking good. Arkane at their best gave us the best immersive sims (between Dishonored and Prey).

Eimran

Red Dead Redemption 2:
- I get that rockstar were going for immersion by animating every single action in the game, but when looting a body takes a 5-10 second animation every time, and you've just massacred some gang and are faced with a dozen dead bodies to loot, it can get real frustrating, real fast.

Agree. The same things was with the special bullet/arrow/meal crafting. It's a cool animation but not when you have to look at it 40 times to make 40 bullets

Markio128

There is no PSVR2 version of Skyrim.

There is no option for creating my own cups in GT7.

There is no random song option on Beat Saber like there is on Synth Riders.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

No Hellghast skins in Helldivers 2.

MGSV sucked after Quiet left.

Forced mini-games during the FFVII Rebirth story is moronic.
Also, Queens Blood sucks.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
BG3 chapter 3 is a complete mess.
Awful pacing, unclear quest structures, complete overload of "important content" (almost every building has a quest), you reach the max level many hours before finishing the game making the last stretch feel very unrewarding, way too many NPCs without the ability to tell which ones actually matter, etc. the issues in that chapter just pile up.

Last edited:

Quasicat

Mass Effect Trilogy: BioWare could have easily made a series of one off games about the First Contact Wars, the introduction of the Genophage, or even the Morning Wars. Granted there would not be all of the species available in those games, but that’s what happened to the abysmal Andromeda game…“where are the Quarians? Oh, they are stuck on their Ark and will never make it.”

SimCity (SNES): I wish Nintendo and EA would get their heads out of their asses and make it so I can play this on a Switch. I would be willing to repurchase this (and a lot more) if they don’t want to put it on the NSO app.

inFamous (and to a lesser extent the sequel): The enemy AI is brutally deadly clear across the map. Even on the easiest setting, they can snipe you with a handgun.

Last edited:
Nier Automata + Replicant: terrible graphics, awful side quests, and simplistic combat (oddly overrated in Automata)

Genshin Impact - Paimon, insufferable text walls, Paimon, no skip button, Paimon.

Elden Ring - too repetitive (dungeons and bosses)

sigmaZ

Baldur's Gate 3: Itemization can be a bit annoying at times and looting every single thing without knowing if it's worth it can be tiring. They have made some improvements over time. They should have made the controller wheels more customizable like letting you limit it to two wheels, etc..

FF7 Rebirth: There's some odd inconsistencies in the design that can be a bit immersion breaking. Like when you go to the upper level of Junon and none of the guards acknowledge you running around as a security threat as well as robbed guys just wandering around freely. Little things like that.

Infinite Wealth: Something is off about lighting in the daytime. Things look pretty good at night though especially on PC with the right settings and monitor. The abilities/attacks on offer could be balanced better. Essentially once you get the special attacks, those become the main thing to use anyway. Also there's way too many jobs and levels for them to make it worth maxing them out.

GymWolf

Mass Effect Trilogy: BioWare could have easily made a series of one off games about the First Contact Wars, the introduction of the Genophage, or even the Morning Wars. Granted there would not be all of the species available in those games, but that’s what happened to the abysmal Andromeda game…“where are the Quarians? Oh, they are stuck on their Ark and will never make it.”

SimCity (SNES): I wish Nintendo and EA would get their heads out of their asses and make it so I can play this on a Switch. I would be willing to repurchase this (and a lot more) if they don’t want to put it on the NSO app.

inFamous (and to a lesser extent the sequel): The enemy AI is brutally deadly clear across the map. Even on the easiest setting, they can snipe you with a handgun.
You are super op in infamous, they had to do something to counter that.

Mobilemofo

Titanfall 2 - I fuckin hate ronin. The skinny flaky dipshit. I hate ronin players, and their families and kids..and their kids. 😅

Helldivers 2 has made it easy for me to take control of my squad by allowing me to randomly kick people. Three strikes, your out. I hate myself..cheers arrowhead. 😅

Edellus

Horizon Forbidden West.

In this game you can't have an OP loadout for every situation (AFAIK), which is good for preventing devalue of the difficulty and forcing a diverse playstyle, I guess. But you can't save loadouts and switch to them easily. So you have to manually change each piece in the inventory. The UI is fine in general, but it clearly doesn't expect you to change weapons and armor often.

Traps and potions order should be part of those loadouts too.

Still, magnificent game. 100% recommend it. But please add loadouts in the sequel.

salva

Starfield
Wanted seemless transitions between doors, from planet to space and interspace travel. What we got killed the role-playing and immersion. But damn did I still love the almost now 100hrs I've spent.

CSJ

No spoilers here.. FF7:Rebirth's mini games etc.

I haven't finish the game yet but when devs/reviews/people said "oh yeah the game is twice as long" or something pre-release they HEAVILY avoided the fact it's these fucking towers and mini games, queens blood and Chadley.
Fuck me, I'm having at least a little bit of fun with them but the amount of them and a big chunk of time of them all at once it's just too much.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Streets of Rage 2. Axel Grand Upper spam all game. It didn't use energy because it's not considered his special move. It's an invincible move that melted health of all enemies hit

Heroes of M&M. I only played #1 - 3, but the AI is dumb as rocks as they'd put a heavy focus on attacking your missile kinds of units like archers, and it didn't know to use Wait as a strategic option. The AI would waste it's time going after your single Medusa unit, recklessly barge in attacking and even stand there in a moat attacking your castle killing it's own hit points.

Laptop1991

The morality in the Dishonored games made no sense to me, how was Corvo a bad person for killing people who were actively trying to kill him first all the time!, and in AC Valhalla once you beat a region or area, you shouldn't still be wanted or an outlaw and need the hood, also the scripted random encounters got annoying while travelling, they never changed.

StueyDuck

wildlands. the best damn co-op game to have ever released, just ticked all the boxes on how to do drop in and drop out co-op...

the story may as well be non existent however. Not that it needs some i depth boring hour long exposition scenes, but some of the primary missions could have used a little more unique design.... overall a 10/10 if you like to co-op online

Top Bottom