• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Stars has sold 100k copies on day one

Loving the game so far, but there is one thing that has really been bothering me. It feels like the timing for attacks is… busted? I don’t think it’s video or input lag, but there is just something that really feels wrong about it. I’ve never had a problem like this before in any of the Paper Mario games, Legend of Dragoon, even Guitar Hero I do not have problems with. But this game has awkward timing and it doesn’t seem to match up right with the animations. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Playing the PS4 version on my PS5. Not sure if that matters.

Last edited:

Dynasty8

Loving the game so far, but there is one thing that has really been bothering me. It feels like the timing for attacks is… busted? I don’t think it’s video or input lag, but there is just something that really feels wrong about it. I’ve never had a problem like this before in any of the Paper Mario games, Legend of Dragoon, even Guitar Hero I do not have problems with. But this game has awkward timing and it doesn’t seem to match up right with the animations. Am I the only one experiencing this?

The window is definitely shorter. Attacks I have dow, but the blocks though...fucking hell, you have to be perfect with. I think the game being 60fps also makes it slightly harder too.

GIF by MOODMAN

Nice. I almost wish it wasn't on PS+ cause I'd definitely buy it. Probably will at some point to show support. It's so important for games like this to make money. I want more!

Last edited:
The window is definitely shorter. Attacks I have dow, but the blocks though...fucking hell, you have to be perfect with. I think the game being 60fps also makes it slightly harder too.

If they’re counting frames then that’s true 60fps is working against the player. I can do most of the attacks so far but a couple of them less reliably. The blocks don’t feel like they help a lot where as the attacks basically need it to be effective at all. Maybe that changes later on but 15 hours in I feel lied to when it’s “just a bonus”. Minor complaint overall.

I have the same complaint. It's super precise. Plus, you have to memorize the different timings for every different attack & block, it doesn't really rely on "feeling" or rhythm. It might just take a while to get it perfected, but sheesh!

Top Bottom