• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Thieves The Legend of Monkey Island Announced. Coming out July 20th.

Draugoth

Gold Member

FyW62p6aIAA5zTm

Split across three hilarious Tall Tales packed with secrets and side-quests, Sea of Thieves: The Legend of Monkey Island invites pirates to meet classic characters, in a new narrative that brings the iconic locations of Monkey Island to the Sea of Thieves.The adventure begins on Mêlée Island, where pirates can take in the sights, smells and roguish splendor of the island as they seek to uncover why everyone suddenly seems to think quite highly of self-proclaimed mighty pirate, and known poodle pacifier, Guybrush Threepwood. Something's quite clearly wrong..​
.This love-letter to the classic adventure game series will be available to play alone or with a crew, with three Tall Tales being added over three months as free* updates for all players, starting July 20.​

*Delivered for free to owners of any Sea of Thieves edition and all Xbox Game Pass members. Game on console requires Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Live Gold, sold separately.​

Havoc2049

Great update. Seeing the iconic Monkey Island as they sailed into the port was a nostalgic trip.

Any chance to play this solo? 🥲
I'm sure it can be soloed, just like the Pirates of the Caribbean update. Almost everything can be soloed in Sea of Thieves. The only event that I can think of right now that requires multiple people is the Glitter Beard event and a few minor accommodations here and there.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Free expansion? I bought SoT - but I don't need GamePass to play this, right?

Edit: "The update is available for free to all Sea of Thieves players who have bought the game on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows 10/11 PC or via Steam, or players who have access to it with Xbox Game Pass."

Nice!

Last edited:

Brock2621

This game is so freaking fun. I don’t even hardly play anything Xbox but this one I went out of my way and bought on PC

Roberts

I had a bit of a free time so I loaded up dlc. Didn't bother asking friends to play with me, so I just jumped into a sloop and travelled to Melee Island. Holy shit! You know this going to be magical for every Monkey Island fan just to look at the island from a distance but I gets better as you get off the ship and start travelling the island. The whole idea that a 2d world you have been familiar with for 30 years now is fully explorable in 3d is probably one of the coolest gaming experiences I've had in the last few years. I haven't done much yet but just to go around and talk with familiar faces has been amazing.

I had a bit of a free time so I loaded up dlc. Didn't bother asking friends to play with me, so I just jumped into a sloop and travelled to Melee Island. Holy shit! You know this going to be magical for every Monkey Island fan just to look at the island from a distance but I gets better as you get off the ship and start travelling the island. The whole idea that a 2d world you have been familiar with for 30 years now is fully explorable in 3d is probably one of the coolest gaming experiences I've had in the last few years. I haven't done much yet but just to go around and talk with familiar faces has been amazing.

You've inspired me to reinstall SoT for this.

Top Bottom