• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law |OT| A Lawyer Show

Hugare

Yeah, tried my best to enjoy this show but ... nah

But what really surprised me was knowing that my mom also hated it

She is a Marvel fan through and through. She watched everything Marvel. Even Thor 2, multiple times. Avengers Endgame? More than I can count

But somehow She Hulk was her limit. Not even one joke landed with us both.

I also thought that Moon Knight was bad (didnt even finish it), but it was mindless fun for a bit.

Wandavision was my favorite Marvel thing from D+ so far

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Wong stole the show.
When he was told helping abomination leave his cell. His response along the lines of “I have to leave now” was comical hahaha

Spoilers. For the above. Also this show is basically Ally Mcbeal with marvel cameos. Oh and some horse was on the show to. But it was a horse in human form. No. Not Sarah Jessica Parker.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

Tell me, is that scene real?

great al pacino GIF

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Is twerking supposed to be empowering for women?

Complains about objectification, shakes computer butt for all to see.

It's just fun. I have plenty of women friends who just do it at home because it's fun. No men around and they do it for fun.

Kinda like how I pretend to be a badass ninja when I'm doing chores at home...

It IS based on African tribal dances, tho...

Labolas

It's just fun. I have plenty of women friends who just do it at home because it's fun. No men around and they do it for fun.

Kinda like how I pretend to be a badass ninja when I'm doing chores at home...

It IS based on African tribal dances, tho...
I disagree. It's a provocative dance regardless of its roots and origin. It's definitely not a dance I would say it's a more conservative one. Hell, I've seen daughters get caught twerking and get their asses beat from their mothers.

Not to say I have a problem with twerking or shaking ass, in fact, I love it but it is a provocative sexual dance regardless.

This show has a lot of incels types seething, more than most. They really saying a 20 second scene is the end of the MCU knowing full well they'll be back for the next movie XD

I will say this, I'm surprised by how some of the humor is Highly sexual in Phase 4. It doesn't bother me but it's a welcome change to the Asexual side of the MCU in Phase 1 through 3

Right around the moment where shapeshifting elf changed out of the judge back into her own form and started playing tag with the security guard, combined with the next scene with Megan Thee Stallion, this episode set my expectations for the rest of the show. I think it should have done the same for everyone here.

I don't think She Hulk/Jen will have much of a character arc at all here and my fears were right that this is pretty much a show to springboard new comic characters/shows and cameos. That doesn't make this a bad show, it just doesn't make it the best She Hulk show. A part of me feels that Marvel really wants to pull off something like Ultimate Spiderman but in live action:

And if that is what this show is aiming for instead of being it's own thing like Spectacular Spiderman or even the shows before it like Moon Knight or Ms. Marvel then I'll just deal with what it is instead of hoping for what it could be.

Also the whole twerking thing after the credits was partially a nod to this meme:

thanos-dance.gif

Toons

Right around the moment where shapeshifting elf changed out of the judge back into her own form and started playing tag with the security guard, combined with the next scene with Megan Thee Stallion, this episode set my expectations for the rest of the show. I think it should have done the same for everyone here.

I don't think She Hulk/Jen will have much of a character arc at all here and my fears were right that this is pretty much a show to springboard new comic characters/shows and cameos. That doesn't make this a bad show, it just doesn't make it the best She Hulk show. A part of me feels that Marvel really wants to pull off something like Ultimate Spiderman but in live action:

And if that is what this show is aiming for instead of being it's own thing like Spectacular Spiderman or even the shows before it like Moon Knight or Ms. Marvel then I'll just deal with what it is instead of hoping for what it could be.

Also the whole twerking thing after the credits was partially a nod to this meme:

thanos-dance.gif

Theres still like 5 more eps i do think there will be a narrative but even if its just a slice of life im ok with that

sol_bad

thanos-dance.gif

I'm not sure if she won't have a character arc, this episode did set up the Wrecking crew and their "boss", this through line plot might contain her character arc as the story progresses forward. She clearly beat the shit of them and is clearly still very confident, everything might be going too perfectly for her.

Even if there is no character arc for Jen (I hope there is) I'm still enjoying it.

Also, I had never heard of Megan Thee Stallion but looking up her music I knew quite a few of her songs. I have no idea how.
o_O

There's still like 5 more eps i do think there will be a narrative but even if its just a slice of life im ok with that
I'm not sure if she won't have a character arc, this episode did set up the Wrecking crew and their "boss", this through line plot might contain her character arc as the story progresses forward. She clearly beat the shit of them and is clearly still very confident, everything might be going too perfectly for her.

Even if there is no character arc for Jen (I hope there is) I'm still enjoying it.

Also, I had never heard of Megan Thee Stallion but looking up her music I knew quite a few of her songs. I have no idea how.
o_O
I think it will be a very, very light narrative arc with Jen, but nothing substantial enough to give us a sense of who she is aside from the person we've been introduced to in episode 1.

I took a look at the official trailer again and there's still cameos that haven't happened yet(I'll keep it as descriptions as to not spoil): The flipping blind hero in red(you know who), guy in green suit with Ironman-esque rocket boots, armored blue knight with bird crest, goat man, alien mouse creature thing, the man who poofed into the courtroom like nightcrawler, another cameo of an episode 1 character, the damage control department, and that one guy in a suit who jumps out of a skyscraper window, tanks the damage, and walks away.

I'm considering all of this and to add on top of that, the episode that will be focused on her finding a date as She-Hulk. I think her character arc will actually be much lighter than Ms. Marvel's. However, I'm not going to sit here and act like She Hulk the character is ruined like some other overreacting types will here. I'm just accepting the fact of the type of audience that they're trying to draw.

This isn't quite my type of comedy and that's okay. I'm more into shows like Scrubs or Ted Lasso that do a very precise balancing act of comedy, storytelling, and drama that end up elevating those three aspects of those shows to greatness. Those are rare to come across. What I consider She-Hulk's comedic peers at this moment in time are old Fox/Disney channel B shows like That's So Raven, Malcolm in the Middle, Even Stevens, etc. but it's coming in short even in that regard. So at this point I don't know... It's dumb fun I guess 🤷‍♂️

RAÏSanÏa

With the inclusion of decent male characters it's plain the show isn't misandrist.
That elf's laugh after the NY 10 LA 11 was the best.

"Shadow dimension?"
These writers know how real wizards think.

MSheU complaints are so simpleminded they could predict exact quotes for the show. lol

The concocted nature of any outrage over the dancing is hilariously obvious.
tobey maguire GIF

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Hes about to give you the "she says she gets harassed but then she wants to be sexy sometimes and thats totally hypocrisy even though the difference between harassment and her expressing herself is her choice in the matter" argument
Well that is pretty dumb then considering they were doing it in their office and just goofing off lol

Labolas

Hes about to give you the "she says she gets harassed but then she wants to be sexy sometimes and thats totally hypocrisy even though the difference between harassment and her expressing herself is her choice in the matter" argument
Nah, I wasn't thinking that, but thanks for putting words in my mouth. She's being objectifying yet the actress (iirc) has issues with objectification of women. Her being harassed is one thing, her wanting shaking her ass is another, those two things don't correlate with one another.

Again She-Hulk's ass game is fucking weak.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Nah, I wasn't thinking that, but thanks for putting words in my mouth. She's being objectifying yet the showrunners (iirc) have issues with objectification of women. Her being harassed is one thing, her wanting shaking her ass is another, those two things don't correlate with one another.

Again She-Hulk's ass game is fucking weak.
She is not being objectified unless you yourself are objectifying her based on that scene. A normal person will see that scene and see it as anything ranging from cringe to funny. Meanwhile another select group of people will see it as being a sexualization of the character despite it just being her goofing off by dancing to music in a full ass business suit in her office with a friend.

A woman can get down with her friends in a private setting in non-sexual clothing without it conflicting with the idea that women shouldn't be treated as objects. The fact you even have a problem with that scene beyond it being pretty cringe and trying to treat it as an "AHA!!!!" moment is bizarre to be honest.

Last edited:

Labolas

She is not being objectified unless you yourself are objectifying her based on that scene. A normal person will see that scene and see it as anything ranging from cringe to funny.

Meanwhile another select group of people will see it as being a sexualization of the character despite it just being her goofing off by dancing to music in a full ass business suit in her office with a friend.

Well, I mean, this did have a whole wide shot of her ass. The dance in of itself is provocative. This isn't up for interpretation.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Well, I mean, this have a whole ass shot of her ass. Dance in of itself provocative. This isn't up for interpretation.
It is actually given the fact that the show as a whole has been universally praised by women's rights groups for its openness of the female struggle and portrayal of a strong independent female lead. If you were right then those female empowerment groups would be denouncing the episode and the scene. They aren't though. They are praising it.

Nothing about that scene contradicts the overall message of the show. You only think it does because you want it to.

The lengths some users here will go to defend this pos show lmfao.
I literally just called the scene cringe and have repeatedly said that the show is just not my thing, but okay lol

Last edited:

Labolas

It is actually given the fact that the show as a whole has been universally praised by women's rights groups for its openness of the female struggle and portrayal of a strong independent female lead. If you were right then those female empowerment groups would be denouncing the episode and the scene. They aren't though. They are praising it.

Nothing about that scene contradicts the overall message of the show. You only think it does because you want it to.

Lol, wait, there's feminists that defend this scene? What a weird hill to die on. Holy shit, out of all the scenes, they could've defended and choose this fucking out all of them? Lol, fucking weird flex, but okay. It's a low brow scene. But I've seen women criticize the scene as well.

No matter how you cut it, it's a divisive scene. No matter who's defending it.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Lol, wait, there's feminists that defend this scene? What a weird hill to die on. Holy shit, out of all the scenes, they could've defended and choose this fucking out all of them? Lol, fucking weird flex, but okay. It's a low brow scene. But I've seen women criticize the scene as well.

No matter how you cut it, it's a divisive scene. No matter who's defending it.
Yeah there are women are willing to defend a scene where a woman is having dumb fun with a female friend in private.

How crazy...

Labolas

Yeah there are women are willing to defend a scene where a woman is having dumb fun with a female friend in private.

How crazy...

Yeah, it's crazy as the so called incels have problems with it. Cuz, feminists have nothing better to do than defend a twerk scene in what's apparently a mediocre show. It wasn't in private and isn't that a client that she's with?

Nobody_Important

Yeah, it's crazy as the so called incels have problems with it. Cuz, feminists have nothing better to do than defend a twerk scene in what's apparently a mediocre show. It wasn't in private and isn't that a client that she's with?
Wasn't in private? She was in her office with only herself and her friend. The fact that one dude walking past in the scene in order to be the proxy for the audience does not make this a public scene.

And you trying to call her just a "client" kinda tells me you either didn't watch the episode or you are willingly being disingenuous here to downplay their interaction.

Last edited:

Labolas

Wasn't in private? She was in her office with only herself and her friend. The fact that one dude walking past in the scene in order to be the proxy for the audience does not make this a public scene.

And you trying to call her just a "client" kinda tells me you either didn't watch the episode or you are willingly being disingenuous here to downplay their interaction.
No I didn't watch it. I'm literally asking. I have next to no interest in watching something I know I'm not going to like. I'm just commenting on a scene.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

No I didn't watch it. I'm literally asking. I have next to no interest in watching something I know I'm going to like. I'm just commenting on a scene.
Wait so you are in a thread for a show you don't watch trying to cast a blanket judgement on a scene that you not only have no context for, but also have no buildup for?

You should have led with that and saved us both some time.

How completely ridiculous lol

Last edited:

Labolas

I literally just called the scene cringe and have repeatedly said that the show is just not my thing, but okay lol

Then why are we even arguing? We both agreed that the scene is bad. I just said it was hypocritical. Instead of it just disagreeing on that point, you went out of your way to defend a fucking scene you claim you don't even like.
Wait so you are in a thread for a show you don't watch trying to cast a blanket judgement on a scene that you not only have no context for, but also have no buildup for?

You should have led with that and saved us both some time.

How completely ridiculous lol
Fucking lol, I need context to a midcredits scene? I didn't know I need watch the series criticize one fucking scene. So please explain what context am I missing?

Nobody_Important

Then why are we even arguing? We both agreed that the scene is bad. I just said it was hypocritical. Instead of it just disagreeing on that point, you went out of your way to defend a fucking scene you claim you don't even like.

Fucking lol, I need context to a midcredits scene? I didn't know I need watch the series criticize one fucking scene. So please explain what context am I missing?
Yes of course you need context for a scene in a show that you apparently don't even watch. Holy shit what a waste of time. Walking away here. Would not have even bothered if I had known you weren't even watching the show.

Watch the show and then get back to me.

Labolas

Yes of course you need context for a scene in a show that you apparently don't even watch. Holy shit what a waste of time. Walking away here. Would not have even bothered if I had known you weren't even watching the show.

Watch the show and then get back to me.
How about this? Fuck no.

Top Bottom