• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3 Goes Gold

Saber

Gold Member
I guess its good news then.

Lets us all hope everything goes right and the game delivers.

Sephimoth

Worried i won't get my backer physical copy on launch day. Have they mentioned anything on that yet?

Last edited:
Wow, this is the only game i really wanted after shenmue 2 finished on the dreamcast. It just shows that you can make it happen. I just hope we get to see the end to the saga within the next 5 years. We must say a thanks to sega for allowing this too.
Same for me, except I played it on Xbox. I'm not as into video games as I was when I backed it, but I'm actually a little excited for this.

Sephimoth

Hopefully you payed attention to the emails. I don't regularly check my email, but I just lucked out and saw the email they sent asking me to confirm for the physical copy.
I can see a mail sent 20th Sep confirming my physical edition for ps4, but all it really says is:

This is an automated email sent to you to confirm your pledge for Shenmue 3:
Tier: Signed Kickstarter Collector's Edition
Platform: Physical PlayStation® 4 Disc (Kickstarter Exclusive Case)
Region: PlayStation® 4 - Europe / Australia / Middle East / Africa

Is this the email you mean, or is there another? I wondered if they'd said an ETA date or anything.

MiguelItUp

Haha, that's one of the strangest gone gold announcements I've seen.

I mean, it's Shenmue III, where's the video/picture announcement with people dancing while donning party hats?

Pejo

As a backer, the Epic shenanigans have really soured me on this game, but congrats to Yu and team for getting the game out the door.

I'll see you in a year when the Steam release happens.

I can see a mail sent 20th Sep confirming my physical edition for ps4, but all it really says is:

This is an automated email sent to you to confirm your pledge for Shenmue 3:
Tier: Signed Kickstarter Collector's Edition
Platform: Physical PlayStation® 4 Disc (Kickstarter Exclusive Case)
Region: PlayStation® 4 - Europe / Australia / Middle East / Africa

Is this the email you mean, or is there another? I wondered if they'd said an ETA date or anything.
I can't remember everything it said, but it did say to confirm location to make sure you get it shipped to you on release day.

kunonabi

eYuf6Ep.jpg

New shot of Niao Sun

Shrap

Somehow Shenmue 3 has been completed. I never thought I'd see this day.

I do have 2 big concerns however:
1. The gameplay. It looks a bit too faithful to the old games. I understand that has been part of Shenmue's charm, but playing it recently... The gameplay from the first 2 games does not hold up at all. Next to no gameplay mechanics in Shenmue are actually good. Pretty much everything is clunky and unintuitive. I also hope there are way less QTEs and they are better implemented. Having to redo an entire boss fight because I missed one QTE button prompt at the very end is infuriating.
2. Because of point 1 this will likely mean the game will not sell too well, which probably means no Shenmue 4... leaving the story still incomplete. Now that would be frustrating.

I'll still be picking it up on PS4. As long as it doesn't get destroyed in reviews that is.

I'm not expecting a AAA game but I am grateful and thankful we're even seeing Shenmue 3. This isn't a game I thought we would ever see. I remember a time playing Shenmue 2 many years ago and shedding a tear when the credits came on screen. I thought that the story was unfortunately over. It didn't deserve such a fate. Shenmue had such a big impact on me. There was nothing else like Shenmue and there still isn't. It's a beautiful, unique and nostalgic experience. So I'll hapilly accept Shenmue 3 for what it is and I thank Suzuki-San and all his team for their efforts and allowing us to experience another part of this wonderful story that is Shenmue. I really hope one day we will be able to see Ryo's tale come to it's deserved finale.

gela94

I had to confirm my shipping address so I guess they are starting to ship the backers items and game :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Top Bottom