• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey The Official Thread of Minion and Demonica

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Kinda disappointed to see that the achievement system won't yield any benefits. That was a stroke of genius in Mass Effect and King's Bounty Armored Princess.

threenote

Banned
Archie said:
Hey guys I'm about to preorder SJ off Amazon and I was wondering how slow the super saver shipping is on new games. Money is kinda tight right now (although I have budgeted enough for this game) so if I could save 6 dollars on shipping it would be nice. I really don't want to step into the depths of Gamestop and I know my Walmart won't be carrying it.

Edit: Went with release date shipping. :D

14tnbzc.png
My Amazon Prime subscription ends next month. Give me your email address, and I'll add you to my membership so you can get Release day shipping.

Foxix Von

Darn it I'm never gonna find time to play this between infinite space, pokemon and FFXIII. :lol

I put a reservation down on concept alone and I'm just going in blind. Backlog here I come.

Mechar

Neo Member
So when does the embargo for the reviews lift? Or is there one, since RPGamer and Destructioid already have published theirs?

totowhoa

Banned
Atlus forums show that Nintendo Power's review is out:

8/10

"For better or for worse, it makes the player the master of his own destiny. As it turns out, that's a heck of a challenge, but the challenge is worth it."

stupei

Went by the place that usually gets things in early and they told me they didn't have it yet and weren't sure they were going to have it Tuesday either. Looks like I might have to hunt a copy down at a Gamestop now. Ugh.

I really want to have it to make commuting more bearable next week. The train has been getting worse and worse lately. SMT is my only hope for sanity!

Hex

Banned
I am cranky still about Gamestop getting the poster for this, I am working my ass off to clear my gaming queue so that I can give this my undivided attention.
Pokemon Soul Silver and Final Fantasy XIII I am talking to yoooooou

Hex

Banned
Krispy Killa v3 said:
Ive never played a SMT game before, is there anything you could compare it to so I have an idea of what to expect if i were to pick it up?

It is like ********** a pair of ***** in the ****** while *********** with their ******* and watching ******** do ***** with a crazy ***** while drinking ********* after taking *** and then you ******* and then you do a jig.

Oh you mean gaming wise.
Take some old school Wizardry (or Etrian Odyssey) mix in a tiny dash of Pokemon- add in some Clive Barker/H.P. Lovecraft influence

Krispy Killa v3

Neo Member
Hex said:
It is like ********** a pair of ***** in the ****** while *********** with their ******* and watching ******** do ***** with a crazy ***** while drinking ********* after taking *** and then you ******* and then you do a jig.e

And this is a good thing or a bad thing?

matmanx1

Very excited to jump into this one. I'm assuming Gamestop won't have this one until Wednesday, which is a shame! Infinite Space has been sort of a fun diversion but THIS is the DS game I really want and it's almost here!

tomedo

Pre-ordered from Videogamesplus so I'll probably get it early next week (shipping to scandinavia seems to take about a week).

Hobbun

matmanx1 said:
Very excited to jump into this one. I'm assuming Gamestop won't have this one until Wednesday, which is a shame! Infinite Space has been sort of a fun diversion but THIS is the DS game I really want and it's almost here!

Yep. Called my local GS and said they will be getting it Wednesday.

Doesn't make too much difference for myself, still need to finish up Lunar 2, anyways.

Hex

Banned
Archie said:
Amazon charged my debit card omggggggg. Less than 24 hours to go!

Same, it says prepping for shipping so they better hurry!
Still says estimated March 23 delivery.

Dresden

icarus-daedelus said:
Damnit, I kind of want a DS just for this game. -_- Why must you continue to neglect non-handhelds this generation, Atlus? Whyyyyy??

But it's guaranteed to be better than all of those, so hop to it.
--sell Final Fantasy XIII
--buy a DS Lite for $130
--buy Strange Journey

profit!

survivor

Banned
Anyone from Canada getting this from Gamestop? It seems that we are getting the game a day later than the US. I will go tomorrow and see if they will have it or not.

Krispy Killa v3

Neo Member
icarus-daedelus said:
but I love FF13 and if I had $130 don't you think I would've bought a DS Lite already? ;_; Stop, man, you're just twisting the knife and making the pain worsen.

I already own a DS, a DS light and as soon as possible ill be heading to the store to buy a DSi XL, Strange Journey and Infinite Space... How does that make you feel?

Hex

Banned
Archie said:
I still haven't received an email from Amazon. I'm getting kinda anxious.

They did that with one of my copies of Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and they ended up coming a day late, I was pissed and this time I WILL call and gripe.

Hex

Banned
icarus-daedelus said:
like my poor opinion of juniors will never change

The game will be there for you when you do get a ds and when you do get the game alot of us will be envying you for the fact that you will be diving into it for the first time.
Stay away from spoilers

It is hard not to peek isn't it

I mean it, stay away from spoilers for this game!

totowhoa

Banned
argh, my gamestop isn't getting this until wednesday either :( stupid midwest. i wish they'd do express shipping to their stores for those of us who bothered to pre-order it...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
icarus-daedelus said:
like my poor opinion of juniors will never change
Disregarding junior members' opinions for no reason other than because they are junior members, or knocking them down for being such, has always been a rather "juvenile" thing to do, ironically.

Hex

Banned
Hoozah!
Both copies shipped and on track for tomorrow.
(One for me, one for my gf's son's birthday)

grandjedi6 said:
Disregarding junior members' opinions for no reason other than because they are junior members, or knocking them down for being such, has always been a rather "juvenile" thing to do, ironically.
What this dude said. However, that dude is a dick for saying what he did. This game will be awesome. Ive been keeping in the dark about this one but im getting curious as to how the music is in it? Anyone got some opinions?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Hex said:
Hoozah!
Both copies shipped and on track for tomorrow.
(One for me, one for my gf's son's birthday)
I just checked my Amazon account and received this message:

We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed.

So maybe I'm good! Although I don't see how it will get to my house by tomorrow if it hasn't shipped yet, but who knows.

kafka rock opera said:
What this dude said. However, that dude is a dick for saying what he did. This game will be awesome. Ive been keeping in the dark about this one but im getting curious as to how the music is in it? Anyone got some opinions?
From what I've heard/viewed, the butt rock is pretty much gone and there is ominous 'epic' music. That disappoints me because I LOVE the butt rock in this series.

Krispy Killa v3

Neo Member
grandjedi6 said:

Agreed, I was merely pointing out my love for hand held gaming as I have owned and loved every variation of a nintendo hand held since the original game boy in the 80's and that I still own them till this day...

hipgnosis

Probably getting this when I got enough money. The cover art is kick-ass, the robot and the font is so cheesy that it is actually great. :lol

Is this game closer to Nocturne instead of Persona in terms of gameplay and story?

Top Bottom