• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop) returns to scifi with Space Dandy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Are these new? A bunch of stills are at Japan Expo this weekend:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-23/bones-japan-expo-booth-shows-new-space-dandy-stills

ODDq1O5.jpg

I dunno about that. Guilty Crown, Majestic Prince, Valvrave, Samurai Flamenco, Kill la Kill. Just a few titles off the top of my head which are unproven new IPs which had no issues getting 22-26 episode orders. Bebop is pretty highly regarded in Japan, and sold pretty well there.
Isn't prevailing wisdom that cowboy bebop was much better received in the us than japan

Tired of watching bland animes with the same tropes and fan services. This seems interesting enough for me to bother to watch. I have only watch Samurai Champloo but must say that it had a lot of flaws and pacing issues but was entertaining and had style.

It looks like every juvenile impulse of Cowboy Bebop crammed into a psychedelic Star Trek homage. I don't know whether to be excited or bemused.

Branduil

It never ceases to amaze how shortsightedly stupid these anime producers are. We want to sell a show in the west... but let's keep them from watching the previews! Wouldn't want to increase the visibility of the show or anything. There's not even any kind of short-term gain from doing this, I don't get it at all.

duckroll

It never ceases to amaze how shortsightedly stupid these anime producers are. We want to sell a show in the west... but let's keep them from watching the previews! Wouldn't want to increase the visibility of the show or anything. There's not even any kind of short-term gain from doing this, I don't get it at all.

What are you talking about?

Branduil

Something must have gone wrong? It's down for everyone. What does it have to do with the west?

Well, if it was just an accident, that would make more sense. I was just using it to go on a rant about Japanese companies that like to region-block previews or take down OPs and EDs from youtube for no real reason.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I was at this panel, i'm excited about this anime. I was also at the yoko kanno concert at otakon i cried like a baby it was, i was just so happy being able to see her perform.

That is awesome. I had no idea Kanno was coming to the States for Otakon this year. Glad you enjoyed it. I don't live in Maryland so I couldn't go, but have seen her perform twice now so it's all good :)

This show sounds like it's a winner. Can't wait to read more.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I wonder what Kawamori is up to these days?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Space Shower TV."

Well that sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom