• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Dandy to air on Toonami starting January 2014 at 11:30pm - Dubbed by FUNi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worldwide TV simulcast is pretty huge news! Hope Toonami does more of this, but somewhat doubt they will. Pretty special case & show here. Still, great news, can't wait. ONLY TOONAMI.

tumblr_mtl2kq8rVS1qanw3wo6_500.gif

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I'm doubt Cartoon Network is financing it (yet). They'd be mentioned in a press release somewhere. The simultaneous airings in America is what probably drove the company to expand the # of episodes.

Malajax

In terms of anime, this is a pretty freaking huge deal. I'm seriously in shock. They're really pushing this to become the next Cowboy Bebop hit. Makes sense, has all the major staff from Bebop! All it needs is Steve Blum for the dub.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
In terms of anime, this is a pretty freaking huge deal. I'm seriously in shock. They're really pushing this to become the next Cowboy Bebop hit. Makes sense, has all the major staff from Bebop! All it needs is Steve Blum for the dub.

That is going to be one of the most interesting piece to this puzzle because Steve Blum and Funimation have never worked together before.

duckroll

I'm doubt Cartoon Network is financing it (yet). They'd be mentioned in a press release somewhere. The simultaneous airings in America is what probably drove the company to expand the # of episodes.

You think Cartoon Network is getting this for free? And FUNimation?

AniHawk

yeah toonami's definitely back now if it wasn't before. amazing how it clawed its way back from cancellation and then as an april fools joke.

Hagi

This is pretty cool right? I hope the JPN release isn't too far behind the US date I've no real interest in the dub. Wonder what channel they'll show it on here in the UK, as far as i know we get zero shows on Sky anymore. Maybe we'll finally get an Adult Swim variant..

Space Dandy WORLD PREMIERE (even before Japan) happens on Toonami 11:30 PM on January 4, 2014.

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/65032254047/big-honkin-toonami-announcement-hey-everybody
Holy shit. It's 26 episodes now? Back at AX, Watanabe said it was only 13 episodes. Dat American $$$. Lol.
nttp0cO_zpsbf527d58.gif

Space Dandy will reboot the anime craze from the early 2000's that "moe" supposedly killed. I'm calling it here and now. There is only one true anime savior and it belongs to Watanabe. Can't wait to see this expand to 52 episodes once it hits the ground running on release.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
What's the story on this?

Attack on Titan episode 14 I believe came in hilariously unfinished, like the color correction had not finished yet resulting in purple bricks among other errors. There is a reason Studio Wit's End earned their nickname during that production.

AniHawk

nttp0cO_zpsbf527d58.gif

Space Dandy will reboot the anime craze from the early 2000's that "moe" supposedly killed. I'm calling it here and now. There is only one true anime savior and it belongs to Watanabe. Can't wait to see this expand to 52 episodes once it hits the ground running on release.

i will believe in what you say as hard as i can if it means it comes true.

88d7a93fc2c385a91d82.png

Pretty much unfinished animation in an episode that aired.

Attack on Titan episode 14 I believe came in hilariously unfinished, like the color correction had not finished yet resulting in purple bricks among other errors. There is a reason Studio Wit's End earned their nickname during that production.
Wow, I never noticed. That's hilarious.

Thanks for the clarification.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
That's pretty insane, this is a first isn't it?

Not a first, not even a first for Toonami, but I have learned that other series aired on Toonami before Japan are SD Gundam and D.I.C.E. so clearly this is of a higher magnitude.

Cwarrior

Does this mean this anime is targeted at normal people/world wide appeal or is it going to be another one of those otaku wank fantasy?

Would like to see more animes produced targeted at normal people/world wide appeal like the old days like Afro samurai, deals like this should happen more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom