• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shpeshal_Nick: Uncharted Drake fortune Remake is in the works

Draugoth

Gold Member
GFeuATNagAAW0BM

This report comes from Nick Baker of Xbox Era. The leaker has had a great track record, recently revealing nearly every game showcased in PlayStation’s latest State of Play.

Therefore, this leak might prove to be accurate. The insider also revealed that Sony’s recent focus is on making more remakes, with a similar plan for the original God of War trilogy.

Source

Both make all the sense in the world.

They couldn't remake the first one in time for the movie, which ultimately hurt them. That's why they did the ports of the PS4 games instead, but most people don't want to start 4 games in on a game. That's also why Sony was smart not to call God of War 2018, God of War 4.

Remaking the God of War trilogy with the new engine before the TV show comes out is a great way to maintain revenue throughout the next few years, exactly the way Capcom has with Resident Evil.

Remaking the God of War trilogy with the new engine before the TV show comes out is a great way to maintain revenue throughout the next few years, exactly the way Capcom has with Resident Evil.

This would be problematic at all levels. The present Sony cannot remake those games without destroying their legacy.

I hope the show is just the Nordic saga with flashbacks of him as a spartan and nothing more.

They are gonna remake all the PS3-PS4 catalog except for the only one that matters.

The ones that matter to you, you mean.

The PS3 didn't sell very well, so it makes sense to go back and revisit games that should have sold better. This all started with Last of Us and Last of Us Remastered on PS4. The PS4 version actually sold better than the PS3 version.

Skipping the Gran Turismo games, because it doesn't make sense to remake racing games, that includes MotorStorm most likely, God of War and Uncharted are the ones that make the most sense.

They've already done Demon's Souls, though that didn't hit well.

Heavy Rain doesn't make a lot of sense because they no longer have a relationship with Quantic Dream and it already has a PS4 port. Goes further for Beyond Two Souls.

A complete remake of LittleBigPlanet might be worthwhile.

After that you have to take a look at Resistance Trilogy and Killzone 2 and 3 and whether it makes sense to maybe remake the whole Killzone Trilogy.

Lastly, you have Infamous.

Three

I really wish we'd stop remaking games that aren't THAT old before remaking others that are and IMO are more deserving as they're more dated.
Which particular game did you have in mind? Most of the popular games have got one already. Drakes fortune is also ~17yrs old. That's pretty old.

DJ12

here it is, Naughty Dog's next single-player game.
Joking aside, this will be farmed out and not done by naughty Dog.
I really wish we'd stop remaking games that aren't THAT old before remaking others that are and IMO are more deserving as they're more dated.
Such as, Uncharted wasnt that great, but started the series well enough.
Gimme a new Uncharted game Sony!!
Isn't Bend already doing that?

Last edited:

StueyDuck

This chop doesn't have any insider knowledge.

Don't get worked up about any of this.

I fell over laughing reading "has great track record"

Do all gamers really care sooo much about console wars and arguing that we all going to pretend anything that moron says is true.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

I know why they are doing it (mainly PC), but fucking hell... Could you not?

Oh never mind, it's Special Ed.

Last edited:

saintjules

Would this be the rumored Uncharted game being developed by another studio or is this separate from that?

Last edited:

Agent X

Drakes fortune is also ~17yrs old. That's pretty old.

That's true, but that game also got a remaster on PS4 just a few years ago.

They really don't need to remake their old games again with each and every new console generation. They could just patch up the already existing PS4 version with added PS5 features.

If they feel the urge to remake old games, then do so for games from PS3/Vita or earlier that don't already exist on PS4/PS5.

Last edited:
I know why they are doing it (mainly PC), but fucking hell... Could you not?

Oh never mind, it's Special Ed.

No, they're mainly doing this because Uncharted 4 and TLOU sold SIGNIFICANTLY better than any of their games on PS3.

With the advent of transmedia, these games have even more potential to sell.

For some reason people think it makes more sense for them to leave these games on the shelves rather than mine their potential popularity.

To put things into context:
Uncharted 1 sold 4.8 million units
Uncharted 4 sold 16 million units

Does it not make sense to remake these games? All the people who bought Uncharted 4 but never played the original games? That's worthwhile on PS5 and PC. And then you have people who will revisit the games.

Topher

Gold Member
Ok? Grain of salt considering the source. But if true, obviously this isn't interfering with their new game so I don't see the problem. Except that it is Naughty Dog....I mean.

Last edited:

ungalo

For some reason people think it makes more sense for them to leave these games on the shelves rather than mine their potential popularity.

To put things into context:
Uncharted 1 sold 4.8 million units
Uncharted 4 sold 16 million units

Does it not make sense to remake these games? All the people who bought Uncharted 4 but never played the original games? That's worthwhile on PS5 and PC. And then you have people who will revisit the games.
That just means they're making them because it demands almost zero creative effort so a smooth development and guaranteed returns. I think nobody is oblivious to this. But it sucks.

Holammer

Why on earth would they remake Uncharted?
To fix the racism [and sexism] of course. The first game from 2007 was from a simpler time, long before 2014-2016's political correctness wave. ZP review touched on themes I'm sure most of us noticed. Heck, the review itself is a product of its time and Yahtzee could get canceled for the language innit.
Still, give me the trilogy on PC untouched bitte.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Why on earth would they remake Uncharted?
To fix the racism [and sexism] of course. The first game from 2007 was from a simpler time, long before 2014-2016's political correctness wave. ZP review touched on themes I'm sure most of us noticed. Heck, the review itself is a product of its time and Yahtzee could get canceled for the language innit.
Still, give me the trilogy on PC untouched bitte.

Yup. Sweet Baby getting paid.

cormack12

Gold Member
Holy shit. Sony turning into a chocolate company. Reselling the same stuff over and over again.

Creative bankruptcy or what. Weird how all this shite can come out but not even a sniff of their new IP or Guerilla's.

ManaByte

Gold Member
They need to be putting out a PS5 port of the Nathan Drake Collection. 4K, 120fps, better FMV quality, and do something about including U2 multiplayer while they're at it.

The video above shows why they can't do that.

The Destroy All Humans remakes handled it perfectly. They changed nothing. They just added a disclaimer at the start of the game so the Era folks could uninstall it before getting offended and cancelling the developers over it.

Sybrix

Holy shit. Sony turning into a chocolate company. Reselling the same stuff over and over again.

Creative bankruptcy or what. Weird how all this shite can come out but not even a sniff of their new IP or Guerilla's.

It's easy money for them, they contract some 3rd party dev to remake this game.

Make no mistake, Naughty Dog wont be making this game, they'll have some input once a month for a couple of hours.

KXVXII9X

I love Naughty Dog, but Sony has almost completely lost me with these remakes/remasters (if this is true).

At the very least, I wish they would remaster/remake Vita games that never had a chance to shine like Soul Sacrifice or Killzone Mercenaries. Or they could remake stuff like Sly Cooper that hasn't been around in a while.

Sony is taking "Resting on your Laurels" too literally.

Roni

Gold Member
So Sony is following the Capcom formula? I mean, you guys own a console and a store within it, do you really need the nostalgia factor to make money?

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I'd be up for this, absolutely love the Uncharted series and have replayed the original trilogy (PS4 versions) twice over, so to see the 1st one brought up to the visual standard of UC4 with similar mechanics would be great but tbh I'd love them to do the Vita version as that's the only UC game I have never played and I'd love to have a go at it and I imagine it'd be the same for most of the fan base

HL3.exe

What a boring choice to remake.

Not really a fan of remakes in general, because the ones that get a remake are already great to begin with.

Would love it if they remade games that where a 6 or a 7 but had great ambition or where limited by technology at the time. A remake could actually realize that ambition.

Top Bottom