• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shpeshal_Nick: Uncharted Drake fortune Remake is in the works

Holammer

I love Naughty Dog, but Sony has almost completely lost me with these remakes/remasters (if this is true).

At the very least, I wish they would remaster/remake Vita games that never had a chance to shine like Soul Sacrifice or Killzone Mercenaries. Or they could remake stuff like Sly Cooper that hasn't been around in a while.

Sony is taking "Resting on your Laurels" too literally.
Sign me up for a Sly Cooper Trilogy remake.
But please don't change the art direction like they wanted to do for the canceled movie. Oh God! Please!

MV5BNmEwNjJmMGEtZjE0OC00ZjBhLTg5MzItNjMwZmIyZTY2ZjlmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY3MzcyNTE@._V1_.jpg

stawnkald

Gold Member
Remake the Vita game
For sure. Wasn’t made by ND, but was a pretty good game and never left Vita. I’m surprised they never ported it back in the day, would have been a solid early PS4 game during launch doldrums. Would have sold ok and been cheap to convert.

They could even keep in all the touch mechanics with the current gamepad, but I sure wish they wouldn’t. I still get triggered by the final battle in that game.

KXVXII9X

But please don't change the art direction like they wanted to do for the canceled movie. Oh God! Please!

MV5BNmEwNjJmMGEtZjE0OC00ZjBhLTg5MzItNjMwZmIyZTY2ZjlmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY3MzcyNTE@._V1_.jpg
It looks so unsettling lol. If they ever did remake it, I would hope they keep the art style in tact.

SenkiDala

Well this isn't a bad news, and this game would indeed need a remake but Naughty Dog can do better than this... They're just doing remasters and remakes recently, it's underwhelming.

Urban

the gap between U2 and U1 is so big. U1 plays like a mediocore game if you compare it to U2

Urban

People forget the bullet sponges in the early game. It'd take like a full clip to kill one guy.
The only thing i liked was the "gameplay change" with the new enemy in the endgame. It was not a Covershooter anymore, more like a Zombieshooter.

I remember the "good ol days" of the PS2 where studios were releasing solely new stuff, and the occasional Port, and the rare Remake (Like Tomb Raider Anniversary)

Those times when Atlus put out like 6 or 7 NEW Shin Megami Tensei games (Counting Persona 3 and 4).

Amazin.

Why on earth would they remake Uncharted?
To fix the racism [and sexism] of course. The first game from 2007 was from a simpler time, long before 2014-2016's political correctness wave. ZP review touched on themes I'm sure most of us noticed. Heck, the review itself is a product of its time and Yahtzee could get canceled for the language innit.
Still, give me the trilogy on PC untouched bitte.

Jesus christ, are you okay?

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
They are gonna remake all the PS3-PS4 catalog except for the only one that matters.
The likes of Bloodborne, Killzone, Resistance and Socom will not be remade, remastered or rebooted. They are not colourfull enough and seen as promotion for toxic masculinity. We will instead get more shit like Uncharted, a series about a carefree, handsome swarvey man who does what the fuck he wants at the start of the series but by the end of the 4th game he has been brokendown by hes lady friend and gives up hes life of adventure to be simp. The plot to uncharted 5 will be Elana and there daughter galavanting around the world while Drake stays and works 60hr weeks doing some mundane job and spends the weekend drinking and watching hes sports team loose, that in itself is the only time he can watch hes team as when the missues is home only woman sport is aloud on tv.

xrnzaaas

Another easy pass. While Uncharted 1 has inferior gameplay compared to 2&3 the story is still great and makes it worth playing the current remaster.

Meanwhile we have a game like Golden Abyss no one wants to bring to stationary consoles.

This chop doesn't have any insider knowledge.

Don't get worked up about any of this.

I fell over laughing reading "has great track record"

Do all gamers really care sooo much about console wars and arguing that we all going to pretend anything that moron says is true.
Yeah i don't know why keep sharing his stuff when he said that PlayStation was making a new Sly Cooper, inFAMOUS and Wipeout.

We know from Sucker Punch that noboby his working on Sly or inFAMOUS.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
What a boring choice to remake.

Not really a fan of remakes in general, because the ones that get a remake are already great to begin with.

Would love it if they remade games that where a 6 or a 7 but had great ambition or where limited by technology at the time. A remake could actually realize that ambition.
Well, the first one had the least adventure feeling to it and in general played like Sony’s answer to Gears of War. So remaking part 1 makes most sense out of them all - even though I don’t really like that they are doing it. I mean, come on…. Remakes were fun at the start but this is just getting crazy now.

Mowcno

Can we remake a title that isn't already playable on PS5? Motorstorm? Sly Cooper? Infamous? God of War? Killzone?

If they're going to remake Uncharted I'd want a complete reboot. Make it a different game, different level designs.

Roufianos

Can we stop giving this attention whore publicity.

This guy is so desperate to be seen as an insider, he claimed he was already privy to most of the info in the Insomniac leak.

Not to mention that 'Gears Collection'.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Why on earth would they remake Uncharted?
To fix the racism [and sexism] of course. The first game from 2007 was from a simpler time, long before 2014-2016's political correctness wave. ZP review touched on themes I'm sure most of us noticed. Heck, the review itself is a product of its time and Yahtzee could get canceled for the language innit.
Still, give me the trilogy on PC untouched bitte.

Are you soft in the head? And fix what racism/sexism?? There's none of that shite in it

skit_data

Pretty boring choice of a remake if true, but I can't deny that it sticks out a bit in the Nathan Drake collection because some segments result in cheap deaths and there are several combat encounters that just drags.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
What a boring choice to remake.

Not really a fan of remakes in general, because the ones that get a remake are already great to begin with.

Would love it if they remade games that where a 6 or a 7 but had great ambition or where limited by technology at the time. A remake could actually realize that ambition.

You've described exactly why this would be a candidate for a remake, if I recall correctly it wasn't met with the same sort of accolades as Part2 and was considered a 7ish game let down by it's ambition

Roberts

"Great track record"

Yes, he has been wrong about other rumours as well, but I think lately his snitches have fed him real stuff. Anyway, I have fond memories of playing this ages ago but have no real need to revisit no matter how souped up it will be.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I mean,.... fuck. Really? Uncharted instead of ICO Remake (for example) which is still trapped on the PS3?

Doesn't this clearly show that Sony is in deep shit when it comes to 1st party releases for PS5? I mean, say what you want about the last and modern God of War and Spider-Man games, but after playing the first games I would rather replay Batman Arkham games and the God of War Trilogy than to buy and play modern Sony's BS.

The reason I still have PS5 is bc there's still a lot of games from PS3 era (ported to PS4 and updated) and PS4 which are not available anywhere else and for other games like Unicorn Overlord which I'm sure will be console exclusive, just like pretty much any other Vanillaware game before it.

Why? Who asked for remakes / remasters of the Uncharted trilogy which still looks great and plays the same on the PS4/5 (the first game is the worst one in terms of gameplay, combat and combat encounters, but still)? I've nothing against the God of War trilogy remaster just bc the two new games in the series are nowhere near as good and crap (setting and art is great though), so I'll gladly buy the first trilogy with a modern coat of paint instead of anything Santa Monica is making and have made already.

I honestly can't see anything exciting 1st party-wise except Horizon 3 and TLOU 3, but they're years away, so what, they're going to be selling us remasters and remakes to compensate? Oh yeah, there's also Ghost of Tsushima 2 about which I don't care (didn't like the first game at all) another Insomniac game and.... what else?

Yeah, how about this instead? Modern version of the Spyro trilogy looks and plays great. Also, Sly games are not the same as Ratchet so there's no competition here. How about Killzone trilogy ffs? Great games, still look great and will look even more mind-blowing with modern tech.

Last edited:

Dazraell

Not a fan of this idea, I would rather prefer a new game in the series

That being said, out of entire Uncharted series, Drake's Fortune is the one that could benefit from remake treatment and could try to refine on environment variety and smoothing out combat

MiguelItUp

It been 17 years.
Which particular game did you have in mind? Most of the popular games have got one already. Drakes fortune is also ~17yrs old. That's pretty old.
Such as, Uncharted wasnt that great, but started the series well enough.
I'm not after a specific remake, I'd prefer a new IP honestly. All the remakes are getting a bit tiresome. Especially since I feel like all 3 of those games still hold up pretty well IMO. Correct, pretty old, but it's always cool to see more dated games remade, I mean in general. I know Naughty Dog doesn't have an extensive old library.

Last edited:
Top Bottom