• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shpeshal_Nick: Uncharted Drake fortune Remake is in the works

midnightAI

If true, fuck off

JUST. FUCK. RIGHT. OFF !!!

This studio is a fucking joke.

Sorry for the F bombs but this pisses me off. We're how many years into the new gen and what does ND have to show for it? Fuck all.
You really shouldn't let rumours (especially ones from speshal_nick) piss you off so much.

1, it's unlikely this is true
2, even if true it's unlikely to be Naughty Dog making it (we know the next game to be released, the one they are currently working, is a new IP)
3, breathe

I would buy them again.
Puppeteer Is an amazing platformer with a great sound and Folklore, despite the repetitive 2nd part, was a great game.
Puppeteer only needs a re-release a resolution bump, it already looks great.

Puppeteer was released at the end of ps3, it was sent to die, there are a lot more gamers now and we're mid gen. A re-release would make some profit and cost a shit ton less than Uc1 remake.
Its been stated they would lose money in these games released by JapanStudio. Only way this happens might be to upsell Playstation Plus Premium. Maybe one day. Who knows maybe someone in Sony Pictures looks to make a show out of these IPs, and playstation wont have a choice but remake these games.

If true, the new dogs and Druckmann probably want to set the record straight on the problematic "ludonarrative dissonance".

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

There must be a massive creative problem at ND. They seem incapable of doing anything new. I bet their new IP is just a UC or TLOU Sci-fi reskin.

If you are going to remake an UC game, then do Golden Abyss, the one that actually was fun to play.

Perrott

Gold Member
If true, the new dogs and Druckmann probably want to set the record straight on the problematic "ludonarrative dissonance".

... no?

That was actually what Amy Hennig intended to do with her original version of Uncharted 4. It were Bruce and Neil that, once they got assigned to the project following Hennig's departure, choose to reboot it and make into a classic Uncharted experience.

Vick

Creative lead Neil Druckmann told Rolling Stone:

"[Naughty Dog] We were conscious to have fewer fights, but it came more from a desire to have a different kind of pacing than to answer the "ludonarrative dissonance" argument.

Because we don't buy into it.

I've been trying to dissect it. Why is it that Uncharted triggers this argument, when Indiana Jones doesn't? Is it the number? It can't be just the number, because Indiana Jones kills more people than a normal person does. A normal person kills zero people. And Indiana Jones kills a dozen, at least, over the course of several movies. What about Star Wars? Han Solo and Luke Skywalker, are they some sort of serial killers? They laugh off having killed some stormtroopers. And in The Force Awakens, we see that a stormtrooper can actually repent for the person he is and come around, and there are actually real people under those helmets.

It's a stylized reality where the conflicts are lighter, where death doesn't have the same weight. We're not trying to make a statement about Third World mercenaries, or the toll of having killed hundreds of people in your life."

There must be a massive creative problem at ND. They seem incapable of doing anything new. I bet their new IP is just a UC or TLOU Sci-fi reskin.
Their next game is extremely likely to be an open world souls-like (time-stamped):

If you are going to remake an UC game, then do Golden Abyss, the one that actually was fun to play.
But Drake's Fortune is fun to play. Add Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy flawless controls/mechanics to its perfect pacing and breakneck speed and it would be my most replayed game of all time.

Last edited:
... no?

That was actually what Amy Hennig intended to do with her original version of Uncharted 4. It were Bruce and Neil that, once they got assigned to the project following Hennig's departure, choose to reboot it and make into a classic Uncharted experience.
Creative lead Neil Druckmann told Rolling Stone:

"[Naughty Dog] We were conscious to have fewer fights, but it came more from a desire to have a different kind of pacing than to answer the "ludonarrative dissonance" argument.

Because we don't buy into it.

I've been trying to dissect it. Why is it that Uncharted triggers this argument, when Indiana Jones doesn't? Is it the number? It can't be just the number, because Indiana Jones kills more people than a normal person does. A normal person kills zero people. And Indiana Jones kills a dozen, at least, over the course of several movies. What about Star Wars? Han Solo and Luke Skywalker, are they some sort of serial killers? They laugh off having killed some stormtroopers. And in The Force Awakens, we see that a stormtrooper can actually repent for the person he is and come around, and there are actually real people under those helmets.

It's a stylized reality where the conflicts are lighter, where death doesn't have the same weight. We're not trying to make a statement about Third World mercenaries, or the toll of having killed hundreds of people in your life."

(...)
I hope you guys are right, but I still don't have much faith in modern ND. Would be great to be proven wrong though.

Last edited:
SHUT YOUR MOTHER FUCKING BIG FAT FUCKING MOUTH! I WILL SCREAM!

Seeing that Sony Bend had experience working with the Uncharted 1 and 2 animation and rigging systems for Golden Abyss, I bet this is what they were helping Naughty Dog on.

They could have either been helping to rig all of the new character textures and assets to the animations, etc. Or they could have been updating all of the old animations to the new Uncharted 4 animation system.

Also, this could be Playstation's answer to the Bethesda's Indiana Jones game as Drake's Fortune is the closest one to feeling like Raiders or something similar.

I will be an outsider here but I am happy that this remake happens.I would like to have all great games from the PS3,2,1 made with the graphics of the ps5.that way they will be timeless you can always play them and they will look amazing

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Excited for uncharted 5!

Naughty dog: the opportunity for an uncharted 1 remaster is there be excited about that!

Can we remake a title that isn't already playable on PS5? Motorstorm? Sly Cooper? Infamous? God of War? Killzone?

If they're going to remake Uncharted I'd want a complete reboot. Make it a different game, different level designs.
If anything they may possibly add the cancelled scuba diving mission from Drake's Fortune.

But I don't really see that happening. I love the game the way it is. If they just make it feel like Uncharted 4 it'll be incredible.

T-Cake

One can only hope. I've been playing The Last Of Us: Part I and the upgrade over the PS3 version is mindblowing. Nathan Drake's trilogy really deserves the same treatment.

Eiknarf

Banned
Ahhhh that thread didn’t come up when I searched before starting this one

I’ll join that one too

ReBurn

Gold Member
Kinda feel like the PS4 remasters are good enough but I guess if people want remakes there's no harm in doing it.

mortal

Gold Member
The rumor just states a remake is happening, not that Naughty Dog are the ones working on it.
It's a reasonable assumption to make, but TLOU remake was initiated by another internal team at Sony before Naughty Dog took over the project,
so it's also plausible that this alleged remake is being handled by another studio.

RGB'D

Stop giving money to these people, or you get what you deserve.
The only remake I ever bought was FF7 and Shadow of the colossus. Both were understandable given the performance on ps(2). But the rest are a waste of time and new IP.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Makes sense with remakes doing so good these days. But then you wonder how R* can sit on GTA IV.

Uncharted 1 remake to coincide with new uncharted movie.

tommib

This guy is full of shit as always, and before you tell me about the SoP stuff, it wasn't even his own info to begin with.
But ok, let's pretend this is true; it's obviously a project from Visual Arts rather than Naughty Dog, like many people seem to believe here.

Yes.
YzEAXXl.jpg
If only...

StueyDuck

test data =/= fully fledge remake in the works.

there are multiple reasons why this could be here, not only that it's also entirely possible that was what they were going to do before TLOUp2 remake and then decided early on in development to shift to TLOUp2 or it just simply was something that didn't get further than a test level, and most common of all, it was just devs fucking around. that's how you find entire emulators in the source of games and so on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom