• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill f | Reveal Trailer

Arachnid

So if this has turned out to be true........
mgs4-mgs.gif
Yep. No way the MGS rumors aren't true too. Especially since MGS is Konami's cash cow series. No way they'd put all this effort and money into reviving Silent Hill in like 4 games and not have something big in the works for Metal Gear. I CAN'T WAIT for the eventual reveal.

It really is going to be my decade of gaming. Silent Hill is back and firing on all cylinders. Resident Evil is doing better than ever, and is about to come out with a remake of a game that ties with SH2 as my favorite of all time. Metal Gear is for sure going to be revealed eventually. Fromsoft is killing it with everything as usual. Dead Space is being remade to be better than ever and there's a spiritual sequel coming out with Calypso. Now I just need Splinter Cell and Mass Effect to get their shit together, and all my favorite franchises will be back in top form. Wont be long there since the Splinter Cell remake has already been announced and we had the trailer for Mass Effect 4. Like holy fuck man.

EDIT: Still need Deus Ex back too, actually.

Last edited:
This game looks interesting enough, but it didn't really feel like a Silent Hill trailer, because the town is not in Japan, but in the United States. Although I did like the music being kind of the same, I thought this reminded me more of a game like Kuon, Fatal Frame, or Siren.

SoraNoKuni

I was pretty sure f was the Sakura project but now I actually believe dusk golem in this, that Sakura/Short Message is different than f, maybe they'll go the same way SE did with FFXIII and Versus, 2 projects as mainline game competitors and see which one sticks, regardless of that, both games will have simillarities.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
So are these actually Silent Hill style games or just games set in the Silent Hill world?

sendit

If gameplay isn’t ready, don’t show the game. Setting up this game for extreme disappointment with CGI trailers.

Last edited:
This game looks peachy in terms of the presentation. Nothing about the trailer felt disappointing. Really, it did not. Although I still reckon Japan doesn't really have anything to do with Silent Hill until they add in a connection somehow that explains why it's now taken place somewhere in Japan and not the United States.

But guess what? The people behind it did that God awful RE: Verse trash. So that has me more than worried. Can you blame me? :(

Why do you think they shy away from showing any actual gameplay? I don't want some ghost hunting Bethesda type crap. Isn't that a red flag to anyone who likes good games, because they are indeed supposed to be good games?

Don't be a sucker. Wait and see how this will unfold before getting prematurely excited. ;)

Top Bottom