• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill Transmission live stream set for October 19, featuring latest updates on the Silent Hill series

ZoukGalaxy

If you want to watch any YouTubers streaming the event tonight, I recommend you check out MBG, Dillon in the Details, Michael Does Life, NightCrawler, or DreamcastGuy.
Tonight Show No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I don't get it why people needs to be assisted to watch a stream, that's beyond me.
AKA "Waste stream in the worst way possible"

Last edited:

H . R . 2

I have never liked any of Bloober's games except maybe Observation BUT while I share everyone's skepticism as to their competence, I believe they do well in some aspects like the visuals and sound design. what they lack in direction and coherent writing may have been compensated for by the presence of / assistance from Team Silent

so very... cautiously optimistic.
could this be the first truly next-gen third-party showcase ? we'll find out in a few hours

Last edited:

SCB3

I liked the Blair Witch game by Bloober Team

...I'll leave now

Actually wtf happened with Abandoned? I still have that installed as well, just imagine that turned into somethign tonight..... S_____ L

Doczu

Gold Member
Ok, so if Hasan's "game" is not on the showcase then that can thread can officialy be nuked and one particular poster can relax as he won't have to tell his wife he lost a bet on a gaming forum and now she has to show her butthole to a bunch of dirty, horny Gamers™

Rykan

Personally I want Kojima back to make the rest of what PT would've become. Yeah it's not realistic but then I'd rather have nothing over some mediocre Bloober bollocks. This might be another Metal Gear Survive moment where they fuck it up completely.
That's kinda my point. Kojima productions is not a realistic option.

People like to hate on Bloober, but they are genuinely one of the few actual horror game developers left. I'm interested in what they can do with a decent budget and a good blueprint. At least it's developed by a team that gives a fuck about the genre.

I'm not a fan of these pansy ass horror games where you have to hide in tall grass, or run away because they don't allow you to pick up guns or anything else. I want to fight to the bitter end, damn it. :p

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I genuinely dont understand why people are so upset it's Bloober. Realistically, who else do you want to see develop it instead?

I think a lot of people have irrational hatred for Bloober. I, personally, don't get it .. but there could have been other good contenders.

Super Massive Games
Frictional Games
Red Barrels

etc

SoraNoKuni

If there is a Sony exclusivity deal, alongside Konami funding the project and part of the OG team co-directing or at least inspecting the game, I believe Bloober can make it work.

Let's effin go, horror games with strong plot are missing from today's gaming, this can be a hit to old and new fans.

How ironic that Silent Hill finally fudge 'N' comes back from the dead, yet The Evil Within (which was successfully able to tide me over during the long absence of Konami's franchise), may in fact remain dead in place of that series.

Not been any news in quite a number of years, you see. :(

ssringo

Gold Member
I'm not a fan of these pansy ass horror games where you have to hide in tall grass, or run away because they don't allow you to pick up guns or anything else. I want to fight to the bitter end, damn it. :p
Well you're in luck! Classic Silent Hill is all about letting dudes that can can barely hold or fire a gun fight back and die like real men!

I'd love a co-op horror game like Silent Hill, Resident Evil, or whatever else, where you're in a team, and you have to work hard and actually band together to make it through.

One marksman. One nurse. One mechanic. One other heavy.

If one character dies, it makes the game way harder. Of course, I'm on cloud 9 here. No company I know thinks logically about including much demanded gameplay similar to Resident Evil: Outbreak, which was great at the time. Then the PS2 server died, and you know, their sorry ass attempts at it since have sucked balls.

Nope. Co-op horror games are usually just boring, bloody shooters, like Left 4 Dead.

tommib

Gold Member
How ironic that Silent Hill finally fudge 'N' comes back from the dead, yet The Evil Within (which was successfully able to tide me over during the long absence of Konami's franchise), may in fact remain dead in place of that series.

Not been any news in quite a number of years, you see. :(
The Evil Within is dead. Let it go, my friend. It was my game of the last generation but that series never set the world on fire. The original game is a true classic.

DryvBy

I'd love a co-op horror game like Silent Hill, Resident Evil, or whatever else, where you're in a team, and you have to work hard and actually band together to make it through.

If one character dies, it makes the game way harder. Of course, I'm on cloud 9 here. No company I know thinks logically about including much demanded gameplay similar to Resident Evil: Outbreak, which was great at the time. Then the PS2 server died, and you know, their sorry ass attempts at it since have sucked balls.

Nope. Co-op horror games are usually just boring, bloody shooters, like Left 4 Dead.
I don't think this would work for these games. Horror games work best when you're secluded.

SCB3

How Capcom have never done a Outbreak 3 yet have 3 separate Umbrella games is a damned mystery to me

It's too cold to watch the stream on my mobile outdoors. My hands would start stinging in next to no time, because it's freezing these days even before it gets dark. But I may as well get comfy.

We've waited forever to see this stream, with the patience of a saint. So we may as well have fun. :D

Comandr

My bad, I wanted to say:

In your restless dreams, do you see that pachinko TOWN ?
Having Fun Dancing GIF by Apple TV+
The chaotic evil part of me hopes this is it. A mobile only pachinko game. Truly cement Konami as irredeemable, which is just so sad. They had some of the best franchises. Then they let it all go to shit.

SCB3

The chaotic evil part of me hopes this is it. A mobile only pachinko game. Truly cement Konami as irredeemable, which is just so sad. They had some of the best franchises. Then they let it all go to shit.
I'm actually surprised there isn't a Mobile version of Pachinko like the Pinball FX games

Does anybody have the link to that hilarious parody on YouTube, where the guy from E3 or the Game Awards a few years ago says, "We have one last quick look?" It then cuts to Silent Hill, and people cheer, and it says peace in the East has been declared.

That's funny. Funny AF. :D

I started playing A Plague Tale: Requiem yesterday. Focus Home Interactive are very talented.

I think they could do a Silent Hill side story game. Easily!

But it seems like it's just the one company, who are making the same episodes. Provided that's all true, I mean...

Top Bottom