• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

UberTag

Will the crafting resources remain the same throughout the three acts? Need to know whether to burn them all off before Act II or just hang onto them.
The assorted Tapped Out websites out there seem to indicate that the crafting resources will remain the same throughout... although they may add additional ones.
Shouldn't be any reason to burn through what you've stockpiled prior to act breaks.

Javier

The good thing about the daily challenges is that they don't expire at the end of the day. I didn't finish the Day 1 challenge before the Day 2 one came out, but I was able to finish both simultaneously.

I think they nailed the pacing for this event. There's a lot to do, but so far nothing feels like a grind.

Hellers

The good thing about the daily challenges is that they don't expire at the end of the day. I didn't finish the Day 1 challenge before the Day 2 one came out, but I was able to finish both simultaneously.

I think they nailed the pacing for this event. There's a lot to do, but so far nothing feels like a grind.

Does that mean you could finish day 1's 4 tell stories at the campfire on say day three if you chose to? That would be much better pacing than they normally do.

Javier

Does that mean you could finish day 1's 4 tell stories at the campfire on say day three if you chose to? That would be much better pacing than they normally do.
I guess. As I said, I finished the Day 1 challenge on Day 2, so at least that much is doable.

Like that this event is pretty generous. Plenty of spawns, not a billion high cost crafts. Copious with the terrors (unlike the mutant seeds) etc. On pace to clear everything without a huge effort.

Chanser

Like that this event is pretty generous. Plenty of spawns, not a billion high cost crafts. Copious with the terrors (unlike the mutant seeds) etc. On pace to clear everything without a huge effort.

Compared to Family Guy, everything happening at once, putting time limits on new characters and skins. They really want you to spend a shit ton of clams.

Got the 20 doughnuts! (Which in itself seems like way more than they normally give during an entire event). Guess next set starts next monday.

Kinda sad that upgrading the fire only seems to have the 3 things. Getting to like 1k of each craft material since no reason to use them all on groves/houses at the moment.

luso

The assorted Tapped Out websites out there seem to indicate that the crafting resources will remain the same throughout... although they may add additional ones.
Shouldn't be any reason to burn through what you've stockpiled prior to act breaks.

Is this confirmed?

Act 2 started. Free premium character is appreciated. =) Being Kodos if you didnt have him already. Some of the crafts this time add % to money earned too.

So if Wailing Wall is 300/12hr and seems like you can make as many as you want given you have the brains....is this the new improved White House farm tool? Reddit saying in addition to the cash it gives +2.25% as well...

Javier

Wailing Wall does indeed give 2.25% to overall payout. It was a Premium item in previous THOH events (50 Donuts!), but now you can make infinite ones for 250 Brains each. My payout went from 52% to 65% in a couple of minutes.

It's amazing how generous this event is. In addition to Wailing Wall, you get 20 Donuts a week for the Daily challenges (which aren't THAT hard) and another chance at Kang & Kodos (which count as Premium despite being easy to craft). The crafting items are also incredibly easy to farm, so for once it feels I can craft everything while still playing at my own pace.

I hope this becomes the standard for events since the Monorail and (specially) the Terwilligers events felt like such awful grindfests.

UberTag

Just a quick tip for those of you who fell short of the Gate to Nowhere in Act 1.

Clicking on the campfire first thing when you visit your Springfield is a bad idea as doing so will effectively reset the nightmares that have spawned in your town with the ones generated by the kids you've had making smores.

Catch up on everything else first, collect as many nightmares as you can and only when they stop spawning should you collect on your campfire. Your Springfield can only hold a finite number of nightmares. I fully repopulate mine (and then some) from a single smore run.

Excitement for this event jumped up when I saw the job manager is back. It makes everything so much easier.

Still liking the pace this event is going at. Play regularly and upgrade the portal, and you can get all the prizes. Though your level and characters will factor into that.

Looks like some people are also getting a deal from Frink. $6 nets you 150 donuts, a premium character, a premium building, 10 days of the 5x experience, and 250,000 in-game dollars. Think it depends on what premium items you may have in your town that determines if this deal appears.

Had $5 in my iTunes account so I paid an extra buck to get the deal. Got Otto, Duff Stadium, and am contemplating what to get with the rest of the donuts.

Looks like some people are also getting a deal from Frink. $6 nets you 150 donuts, a premium character, a premium building, 10 days of the 5x experience, and 250,000 in-game dollars. Think it depends on what premium items you may have in your town that determines if this deal appears.

Had $5 in my iTunes account so I paid an extra buck to get the deal. Got Otto, Duff Stadium, and am contemplating what to get with the rest of the donuts.

Yup I got offered that ($6.99 CAD) and I took it, I thought it was worth it, especially as I'm only level 27. I ended up getting the Duff Brewery (with Duffman) and the Aztec Theater.

Javier

Here's the thing with the Frink deal. According to TSTO Addicts, the offer won't show up if you own ANY of these:

Duff Man & Duff Brewery
Frink & Frink’s Lab
Otto & the School Bus
Aztec Theater
Try ‘N Save
Duff Stadium

So if you own at least one of those, you don't get the deal.

Campfire hit level 21. But I think I'll just leave it on Zombies for the foreseeable future. I have like 2k of each other crafting resource and rather just farm for more walls since that seems like best cash option ever since the house farm nerf.

Even if they ditch the ridiculously strong 2.25% per wall the 300/12 hr is already really strong. I looked ahead to the next phase and think I should be fine to craft the costume and other 2 items at least once for quests even if I don't switch again. This phase is even more leisurely than the last because the price for last item is the same 9072 but extra income from the adult quests speeds it up a lot.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Campfire hit level 21. But I think I'll just leave it on Zombies for the foreseeable future. I have like 2k of each other crafting resource and rather just farm for more walls since that seems like best cash option ever since the house farm nerf.

Even if they ditch the ridiculously strong 2.25% per wall the 300/12 hr is already really strong. I looked ahead to the next phase and think I should be fine to craft the costume and other 2 items at least once for quests even if I don't switch again. This phase is even more leisurely than the last because the price for last item is the same 9072 but extra income from the adult quests speeds it up a lot.

Wow. I'm at like... 12/13? lol

chifanpoe

I just started playing this last week. Fun game!

The Halloween stuff is great.

if anyone wants to add me as a friend my EA info is njasicko955

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Act 3 has begun.

Annoyingly, nightmares don't seem to spawn on their own from the campfire anymore. According to one of the fansites, this is intended. What's worse though, is that it seems like there is no spawn storage like there was before, so if you happen to have multiple nightmare spawning objects within a single tap, you'll only get the spawns for one and waste all the rest.

Kabuto

Tapped Out looks amazing on my 6S Plus. The art is so clean!

The fact that the game doesn't lag every time I tap my house farm is great too.

Annoyingly, nightmares don't seem to spawn on their own from the campfire anymore. According to one of the fansites, this is intended. What's worse though, is that it seems like there is no spawn storage like there was before, so if you happen to have multiple nightmare spawning objects within a single tap, you'll only get the spawns for one and waste all the rest.

Yeah I guess not, I havent finished the first quest yet since I only have 4 chars that activate simpson's house so it's two cycles for me =/. Still get spawns from doing smores for now though.

luso

For the daily task, squish skeletons is required but I'm unable to spawn them. I just put kids on the brown house with the ability to do it, with a few others for zombies but not a single one skeleton, only zombies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
For the daily task, squish skeletons is required but I'm unable to spawn them. I just put kids on the brown house with the ability to do it, with a few others for zombies but not a single one skeleton, only zombies.

Same boat as you. I think you have to get rid of M'Thunter or something to be able to properly spawn them?

UberTag

Same boat as you. I think you have to get rid of M'Thunter or something to be able to properly spawn them?
I've never had any luck getting skeletons to spawn manually from the Brown House because the spawn labels are wrong. Kids that are supposed to spawn skeletons will spawn bunnies. And the kids that are supposed to spawn bunnies... will also spawn bunnies.

I've had success getting skeletons to show up randomly on their own. Plus, I'm generating a bunch from one of my graveyards and I can tackle the remaining ones by hopefully finding them in a neighbor's town. The nice thing about the daily challenges is that they're more like weekly challenges that stack, so getting enough skeletons by the end of the week isn't something I'm especially worried about.

Hellers

Same problem here. I`ve done the skeletons now but the brown house doesn`t spawn any at all. In my case it only spawns zombies and snakes.

Javier

Last night there was a new level update for the first time in what felt like forever. New character is Gina Vendetti (The girl Bart meets at the juvenile detention in "The Wandering Juvie") and Premium character is Molloy (aka the Cat Burglar from "Homer the Vigilante")

Hellers

I'm never keen on the boss fighting mechanics and I didn't like them when Family Guy started doing them first but overall a very enjoyable and not hugely demanding event. Definite progress.

Well event finally ended. Looks like they didn't nerf the walls either! =)

Wonder if we will get another thanksgiving event this year or they going to hold off until christmas.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Don't know if this happened earlier since I stopped using it for a while, but it seems that the unemployment office finally works right, in that it can actually send everyone on a job at once this time, not just some characters.

Hellers

During the event it certainly wasn't sending people who had quests (Or were part of unfinished quests even if their bit was done). Maybe that last update fixed it? I have a few to do with Bart so I'll try it when I send everyone off again tomorrow

Top Bottom