• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

Send everyone on a job at once ability is live!
Soon we`re getting the IRS building which collects everything in a radius of where you tap and can be levelled up for a bigger radius. So not the best option but should still save loads of time.
WHAT

ok I'm back. This is the kind of thing I've been waiting for, but sucks I had to miss out on the Monorail event stuff due to being burned out...er...tapped out ;)

Hellers

Looking at the IRS upgrades. I think it goes up to level 9 and going from the increases from 1 to 4 I suspect level 9 will pretty much cover the entire screen. Nice. Expensive but nice (Level 5 costs 1million)

Two very, very welcome updates

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I'm a bit confused about the job-assigning ability. It seems like not nearly all of the characters are actually included in the unemployment office's ability, and even moreso as you go to higher duration jobs.

krae_man

I'm a bit confused about the job-assigning ability. It seems like not nearly all of the characters are actually included in the unemployment office's ability, and even moreso as you go to higher duration jobs.

I haven't looked at it closely but my bet is it ignores people who don't have a job of that length. It also might not be smart enough to consider jobs that require more then one person.

Edit: I bey the tasks have to be considered "jobs", no leasure activities.

UberTag

I haven't looked at it closely but my bet is it ignores people who don't have a job of that length. It also might not be smart enough to consider jobs that require more then one person.
I believe it's also excluding people with an active "yellow-tinted" quest job.
Those still need to be assigned manually. And those often apply to large groups.

Certainly when I tried it, every character that didn't need a specific building that I didn't own for any particular was automatically put onto that job. They've added tasks to fill in the gaps, too, and characters who previously needed other characters for specific jobs have been given alternatives- Matt Groening now has a 24 hour task that doesn't require Homer, and Artie Ziff has been given one that doesn't require Marge. I notice that Marge has kept her Maggie-walking task as well as her new 8 hour one, so I imagine that the Walk Maggie task will need Maggie to be free when she's released as a standalone.

fisheyes

It seems to purposely avoid anyone with yellow jobs - and there are a few missions in the current level where basically any adult can go, so they've all got yellow at these times, and it appears to avoid anyone that can be used for any of the grinding currency. This all makes sense to me.

Unfortunately there seems to be a glitch where it's also not working for any character that has a less than 60 minute task - which, unfortunately, if you bought the recent ice cream Homer and truck, is a lot of the kids because they now have a 30 min Sneak an Icecream task.

Still, between this and the IRS building, things will certainly be a lot easier.

krae_man

Looks like the send everyone on a task ability costs approx 25% of the money earned for the job(before you factor in your multiplier).

Hellers

Yeah. As far as I'm concerned 12% is a small price to pay to make things easier. There were times when I just couldn't be bothered to work my way around sending people on jobs and tapping every single building. This morning it was a doddle.

I bought some more land to put out my old 86 blue house collection. I'm down to 16 thousand dollars. I'm so poor :)

JustinBB7

Wow this update was needed. I almost gave up on playing because my Springfield is so big and sending everybody on jobs took way too much time. And I just couldn't be fucked anymore. Shame it costs money but fuck it's worth it just for the time saved. Should have been there since day 1.

DarthWoo

Isn't it cost prohibitive to have house farms now?

They jacked the price of blue houses way up (216k), but white houses are pretty cheap (8.8k). Not sure but I think they actually reduced those. (Not really going to test it right now, but maybe they figured out a way to have increasing costs for every one you build?)

UberTag

They jacked the price of blue houses way up (216k), but white houses are pretty cheap (8.8k). Not sure but I think they actually reduced those. (Not really going to test it right now, but maybe they figured out a way to have increasing costs for every one you build?)
That's precisely what happens. Each house of each color is progressively more and more expensive... although they do reach a cost cap eventually.

Oddly enough white houses seem to max out at a cheaper cost than blue houses. I have to pony up 192K for each new one.

Presumably, if one was starting from scratch it would make sense to build smaller farms of different colors than one giant farm of blue or white houses.

I've just got the Halloween update, but nothing's changed ingame yet.

The theme this year is campfire stories coming to life, judging by the update info on the App Store.

Structure is similar to other events this year with a three-act structure and gathering items to craft. It starts with children characters gathering s'mores, which takes 4 hours. Premium paying out twice the items. Least it's a break from the 30 second crafting we've had lately.

Also it seems the Office of Unemployment might be bugged or something. It's unavailable to send the remaining characters on jobs at the same time. Hope it's not part of the event and gets fixed soon.

UberTag

I'm stuck on Bart storytelling. Nothings working.
This is a known glitch. TSTOAddicts.com has a workaround to avoid it but you may be stuck if you've already triggered it.

THOH Event Calendar time...

thoh-2015-calendar-act-1.png

Vyer

Structure is similar to other events this year with a three-act structure and gathering items to craft. It starts with children characters gathering s'mores, which takes 4 hours. Premium paying out twice the items. Least it's a break from the 30 second crafting we've had lately.

Also it seems the Office of Unemployment might be bugged or something. It's unavailable to send the remaining characters on jobs at the same time. Hope it's not part of the event and gets fixed soon.

Yeah same here. 'Send on jobs' function is gone

Given that at this stage how few chars (just kids) have event quests...it seems premature to take it offline. That or just make a send tasks for people without quests the normal.

Just realized you need a certain type of nightmare to upgrade the campfire at each level >_>; that's like a whole day gone with no progress on it cause I didnt do snakes...

Hellers

The unemployment office isn`t broken. EA have turned it off for the duration of the event. No idea why given only the kids have stuff to do

Although the prizes are a little lacklustre so far, I must admit that I'm enjoying the slightly more relaxed pace of the event. I also like that they're having a full-blown story for it, for the first time in a while.

Looking at what we've got coming up in future acts, I'm liking the look of some of the buildings and decorations coming down the pipe, but not having so much as a single new character's more than a little daft.

I agree with the pacing of this event. After Springfield Heights and the monorail back to back, having to check in every 4 hours is a bit refreshing. Also digging the fall look the game has now.

rcl66

The unemployment office isn`t broken. EA have turned it off for the duration of the event. No idea why given only the kids have stuff to do

How did you find that out? And how stupid - like others say one of the best features and they have events all the time so if they constantly disable it.....

DarthWoo

Will the crafting resources remain the same throughout the three acts? Need to know whether to burn them all off before Act II or just hang onto them.

Top Bottom