• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

Hellers

Geez, I'm certainly not going to be able to get Ray. I'm at like 35k

That`s the thing I don`t like about it. For a casual game it requires a very large amount of playtime to complete these events. I`m only putting in the effort this time because I really want a Monorail

Hellers

Definitely. If you were only able to play a bit during the week because of work at least you`d be able to get caught up a bit at the weekend.

Hellers

Looks like the key one is going to be the final reward from week three. If you want to continue the monorail after the event we'll need it.

krae_man

I'm on 66,000-ish. Might be able to get Patterson if I apply myself, and with the 5000 blueprint daily bonus.

You can earn 9000/day now. Shouldn't be too hard.

Keeping up with the regular trash now is a problem since so many of them do other tasks.

I'm 3000 away from the final reward.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
If you're past the final prize and just earning spare track pieces from blueprints, make sure you get as close to possible to the required amount, as extras do not roll over.

UberTag

If you're past the final prize and just earning spare track pieces from blueprints, make sure you get as close to possible to the required amount, as extras do not roll over.
I've only been getting the long straight track pieces from the extra blueprint hauls. Not sure if it's possible to get any of the other three this way.

I'm finally down to my last 50 million real estate points to unlock Paris Texan and get the Springfield Heights nonsense wrapped up.
Shame that it doesn't seem like I'll be able to store or sell any of my surplus building upgrades while the monorail event is ongoing.

GeeTeeCee

I've only been getting the long straight track pieces from the extra blueprint hauls. Not sure if it's possible to get any of the other three this way.

I'm finally down to my last 50 million real estate points to unlock Paris Texan and get the Springfield Heights nonsense wrapped up.
Shame that it doesn't seem like I'll be able to store or sell any of my surplus building upgrades while the monorail event is ongoing.

I got a curved piece of track, so it may just be entirely random. I've noticed other people's Springfields have one type of track I haven't received at all yet.

Just had a scary moment where my tablet crashed during the game and when I loaded everything back up it would act as if I was starting the game for the first time, even though I was already logged into my Origin account. Luckily I was able to reinstall the app and recover my most recent progress from the cloud. For a moment there I though I might have to stop playing.

While this event is going, I'm ignoring Springfield Heights entirely. Too many timers to keep track of.

krae_man

I should be able to get two more track pieces tomorrow. I should have enough to get the 5000, and 6000 blueprint ones tomorrow.

Man everything requires tons of bottles now and they take so long to make and the capacity is so small.

Hellers

One of the Tapped Out sites I read has some datamined news. It's not content so I won't spoiler tag it. It's a feature a lot of us have been begging for. Here it is in their own words

This new feauture of the Office of Unemployment, unlocked at Level 37, will be available once you complete Weekend Dad Pt. 16, when this unreleased feauture will be released by EA.

It’ll allow to start jobs for 1, 4, 8, 12 and 24 hours for all characters that have that jobs at the same time.

Here's the link but if you hate spoilers the page also lists one extra piece of content for the current event that hasn't been released yet.

http://tstotopix.me/2015/08/21/monorail-unreleased-goodies/

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I've been slacking this last week or so, so it's going to be really close for me to try and get the last prize before the deadline.

krae_man

One of the Tapped Out sites I read has some datamined news. It's not content so I won't spoiler tag it. It's a feature a lot of us have been begging for. Here it is in their own words

Here's the link but if you hate spoilers the page also lists one extra piece of content for the current event that hasn't been released yet.

http://tstotopix.me/2015/08/21/monorail-unreleased-goodies/

Finally. I've been not even bothering putting people on jobs for a while. I just do one set of taps a day plus the event specific stuff.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Was able to snag the final prize with plenty of time to spare earlier, thanks to the blueprints from the login bonus. Whew!

Was able to get Patterson before the daily bonus, as well as maxing out both metal and plastic before the second act had begun. As a result, I immediately have more than 10,000 Duct Tape. :D

UberTag

Finally unlocked the Billionaire Haven yesterday. Nice to have it out of the way before the 2nd part of the Monorail event.
My Springfield Heights is a mess thanks to all of the buildings I temporarily can't store. But at least it's done.

UberTag

How much value do you need for that final reward? I'm still working towards the second one.
As per its name, in order to unlock Billionaire Haven and Paris Texan, you'll need to accumulate 1 billion real estate points.

latest

I`m at a smidge under 30k duct tape so far and I just hit my daily limit. Is there a calendar for this week?
Here you go...

CNL_4lRU8AAFfRU.png

DarthWoo

Looks like they finally fixed whatever was bugging out previously unfinished quests. Also received a large backlog of bonsai.

UberTag

My one sort of complaint about this event, is it's a pain in the ass to make the town look nice with the monorail
I wouldn't have any expectation of accomplishing that while it's still ongoing and you're still collecting track. Will probably need to nuke everything post-event and rebuild from scratch. On the bright side, the themed stations should make it easy enough to build districts around them in a semi-logical fashion.

Wealthy mansions and yuppie stuff goes up in Springfield Heights.
Fast food district near the Krusty's Drive-Thru Station.
Sleazy strip clubs and seedy underbelly buildings near the Tetanus Terminal.
Overpriced retailers near the Mall-O-Rail Station.
Government buildings near the Monorail Station.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I wouldn't have any expectation of accomplishing that while it's still ongoing and you're still collecting track. Will probably need to nuke everything post-event and rebuild from scratch. On the bright side, the themed stations should make it easy enough to build districts around them in a semi-logical fashion.

Wealthy mansions and yuppie stuff goes up in Springfield Heights.
Fast food district near the Krusty's Drive-Thru Station.
Sleazy strip clubs and seedy underbelly buildings near the Tetanus Terminal.
Overpriced retailers near the Mall-O-Rail Station.
Government buildings near the Monorail Station.

Yeah, think I may end up doing that.

Hellers

That was exactly my thought too. I don't think I'm going to nuke this time but I'm slowly starting to rearrange stuff so things are zoned into districts. I'm going to have an industrial district in one corner (Currently with the power plant, recycling and waste, plus steel works and meat packing plant.) It's starting to look pretty good. I might put all my shops away this weekend to clear some space and create, housing and shopping districts

Of course one weekend if I'm bored to tears I could be persuaded to nuke the lot. Would be easier to rebuild now I've gotten rid of all the nuclear waste. I'm just hoping they launch that one click to assign jobs feature soon.

Looking at the calendar I'm nicely ahead at the moment.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Of course one weekend if I'm bored to tears I could be persuaded to nuke the lot. Would be easier to rebuild now I've gotten rid of all the nuclear waste. I'm just hoping they launch that one click to assign jobs feature soon.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's after this event

krae_man

You had 20 million dollars just lying around for a rainy day?

I was up around 50 mil. My Blue house farm(432 houses) earns like 125k every 8 hours now that my % is up around 110%.

Right now I'm only earning around 250-300k/day from one set of taps since I can't be assed to do the blue houses more then once or send anyone on jobs. Otherwise I could earn 600k/day easy.

DarthWoo

I'm not sure if it was part of an update or just a benefit of hitting one billion land value, but I can now store all the excess Springfield Heights buildings.

Javier

Level 57 update is up. Crazy Old Man is the regular character and Belle (from "Bart After Dark") is the premium one.

AleeN634

If I read the message right the final prize of the monorail event gives a building that'll let you build more track and randomly give you donuts. That's kinda cool.

Hellers

I got my railyard yesterday. I can relax now. It looks like earning the full week`s bonus is going to be pretty easy too.

I wish they`d hurry up with that job centre update. I need money really badly and having to manually select jobs for this many characters is mind numbing.

Apparently we`re getting a Springfield heights update next.

DarthWoo

I got my railyard yesterday. I can relax now. It looks like earning the full week`s bonus is going to be pretty easy too.

I wish they`d hurry up with that job centre update. I need money really badly and having to manually select jobs for this many characters is mind numbing.

Apparently we`re getting a Springfield heights update next.

I finished a weekly track run and I think it took about 70,000 blueprints total. You get everything in a batch of 1 track piece, 2 track pieces, 3 pieces, 5 pieces, and finally 5 pieces plus 5 donuts.

Hellers

Some old stuff is back on sale in the doughnut store today (I got Heights credit for already owning the golden swimming pool).

I wonder when we`ll get the update to kill the event. I really hope it has the job centre feature.

Hellers

Something weird just happened with the new update. My monorail is all intact but it reset my level progress back to the start of 57. I have to build the overpass diner again but I also got another free 15 doughnuts (Plus the 2 for hitting level 57)

Hellers

Mine isn't fixed. I'm still back at the start of level 57 with all that to do again. Quite expensive to build all that stuff

Hellers

Another weird bug that I`ve seen other people report too. A lot of my buildings aren't earning any money/xp.

Some people have lost level 57 premium buildings they paid for too

Javier

Just tried the new feature. It has the option to send everyone who isn't on a job to a 1hr, 4hr, 8hr, 12hr, or 24hr job at once. Perfect.

You also get the option to fast foward all jobs at once using donuts.

Now all we need is a "Tap all Buildings" option.

They've also added a tonne of jobs to characters that didn't have a full set before- Mr. Teeny, the Mutant Rabbit and Jub-Jub have full sets of tasks now, for example.

Marge has a new 8-hour task, too- standalone Maggie on the way?

Hellers

Now all we need is a "Tap all Buildings" option.

Soon we`re getting the IRS building which collects everything in a radius of where you tap and can be levelled up for a bigger radius. So not the best option but should still save loads of time.

Top Bottom