• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Peagles

Don't do this to me. My wallet can take it.

Gamestop just called that my previous pre-order can't in today. Any Aussies want to trade? I kid...I think. 😂

Kiwi here. I’ll trade hehe.

I have the same addiction as you. But I’ll be incomplete without a US one and Amazon is my last order that hasn’t been cancelled... for now.

Chibot

So thinkgeek will have SNES classics on sale on 10/11 (online). Looks like they should have at least the regular edition and not just bundles.

Anyone know when thinkgeek typically adds new items to their website? Is it 12AM Eastern or some ackward time like 4AM? I would like to be able to catch this before all the scalper bots steal all of the stock.

They specified that it'll be available in the afternoon EST, so sometime between 12-4 PM EST I would guess.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Response from Amazon:

I'm sorry you didn't receive any update on this item. I completely understand your disappointment. That's definitely not what we want our customers to experience.

It's always important for us to hear how customers react to all aspects of shopping at Amazon.com. Customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve the selection and service we provide.

Super NES Classic Edition has proven to be a very popular item. We have many customer orders for this item, and we've just begun to receive copies from our suppliers. We're filling orders as quickly as we can on a first-come, first-served basis.

We expect to ship your order in the next few business days. On the date of shipment, we'll send you an e-mail confirmation.

We will send an e-mail when your order is shipped so you can track your package.
If it's shipping this week, then awesome. It sounds like the $25 "refund" will just put on my account in a day or so, but oh well, I can put it towards something else.

...oh wow, they already gave me the $25 (as a refund for....the 200GB micro sd card I bought back earlier in the year. Huh) already. Either they really are almost ready to ship it or they went back on their word of "we'll refund you the $25 once the item has shipped" since I figured they didn't want to risk someone getting the refund then immediately cancelling the order.

NeOak

Does anybody know ANYBODY that received an Amazon US preorder? Don't follow the thread too much but haven't seen anybody say theirs has even shipped.

I'm tempted to contact them about it but don't want them to cause any extra delay or accidentally cancel it..

What rock have you been living under for the past 2 weeks?

The answer to your questions is the last 40 pages of this thread.

Ashhong

What rock have you been living under for the past 2 weeks?

The answer to your questions is the last 40 pages of this thread.

I’ve been in and out of this thread a fair bit and haven’t seen one mention of anyone receiving their Amazon preorder. I guess I could have just missed it, but that’s why I asked. I don’t read every single post, but I see nonstop complaints about Amazon US

NeOak

I’ve been in and out of this thread a fair bit and haven’t seen one mention of anyone receiving their Amazon preorder. I guess I could have just missed it, but that’s why I asked. I don’t read every single post, but I see nonstop complaints about Amazon US

Yeah, they haven't shipped any.

You mentioned not wanting to contact support, but a lot of the responses have been of what support has told them. So contact them. Even email jeff@amazon.com

TheContact

Does anybody know ANYBODY that received an Amazon US preorder? Don't follow the thread too much but haven't seen anybody say theirs has even shipped.

I'm tempted to contact them about it but don't want them to cause any extra delay or accidentally cancel it..

There isn’t any. Read my post above. The pre order amazon had was a bug and they didn’t have the stock to fulfill those pre orders, but instead of canceling the still plan on fulfilling them when they get stock

Ashhong

Yeah, they haven't shipped any.

You mentioned not wanting to contact support, but a lot of the responses have been of what support has told them. So contact them. Even email jeff@amazon.com

Oh, yea I just thought maybe I missed some people that had actually gotten any. Surely someone somewhere has received one from them? I contacted them and they were even less helpful. Literally told me there's a delay because I don't have Prime and used free shipping.

Syriel

Oh, yea I just thought maybe I missed some people that had actually gotten any. Surely someone somewhere has received one from them? I contacted them and they were even less helpful. Literally told me there's a delay because I don't have Prime and used free shipping.

Amazon (US) and Walmart screwed over their preorder customers.

Amazon (JP) and the various Amazon EU branches did it right.

Heel

Amazon said:
Approval required for your Amazon.com order

We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. The new delivery date is indicated below. If you still want to receive this item, please let us know. We apologize for the delay.

Placed on Tuesday, August 22, 2017
New estimated delivery date:
Not yet available. We'll e-mail you as soon as we have a delivery date.

If we don't receive your approval by Thursday, November 9, 2017, we will cancel the item. If the item is available before this date, we will automatically ship it to you.

q6vCApt.gif

Jeremy

So is there another thread for discussion on currently getting ahold of one of these? It’s really special to me as my first system, I’m sure people who can attest to having the NES as their first system felt the same connection with the NES Classic and probably the same furor in wanting to get ahold of one.

Car was in for repairs the entire time this thing was on sale (still is) but I finally have a loaner vehicle to go shopping in. I can’t do the scalping stuff, I’m legitimately broke. This is my year if I can get one of these things.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just got am email from Amazon asking me to confirm if I still want the item because of a delay.

...I don't like the implementation of that...

lol Amazon. Just got the email saying it won’t ship till middle of November and that I have to approve if Instill want the order. Not even a credit for their awful fucking handling of this. Been posting contacting them to complain but I will be doing that first thing tomorrow. This is unaceptable.

Syriel

So is there another thread for discussion on currently getting ahold of one of these? It’s really special to me as my first system, I’m sure people who can attest to having the NES as their first system felt the same connection with the NES Classic and probably the same furor in wanting to get ahold of one.

Car was in for repairs the entire time this thing was on sale (still is) but I finally have a loaner vehicle to go shopping in. I can’t do the scalping stuff, I’m legitimately broke. This is my year if I can get one of these things.

This has become that thread.

And despite Reggie's initial promises, it looks like Nintendo once again massively underproduced.

Also, NOA couldn't manage preorder programs with retailers correctly, so unlike EU and Japan, even if you got a preorder, you may have been screwed.

For example, Amazon US appears to have accepted a bunch of preorders, but didn't fulfill any of them. Instead, Amazon US sold all its stock via Treasure Trucks and Instant Pickup, so if you weren't near one of those physical locations, you were SoL.

LOUD915

The original 3DS scratched screen return issue caused Amazon to stop selling Nintendo Hardware which in my opinion really hurt the Wii U.

I wonder if Amazon is going to be pissed again and stop selling the Switch.

Stiler

Got an email from Amazon asking me to "approve" a delay, it says up to Nov. 9th....

Sigh, it is such bullshit that they sold their shipment on the "treasure trucks" and basicall stiffed all the pre order customers and aren't even owning up to it at all, which is quite unlike Amazon (at least from my experiences with them in the past).

Pikma

Banned
The original 3DS scratched screen return issue caused Amazon to stop selling Nintendo Hardware which in my opinion really hurt the Wii U.

Lol why would they? They had a chance to fulfill those preorders but instead they used the stock to try and continue to push the already agonizing idea that is treasure trucks, and even then they weren't able to sell out so had to move them via local pick up deals

sonto340

This issue feels like it’s on amazon. They clearly got the systems, they just sold them off a fucking truck instead.

Pikma

Banned
Treasure trucks will never be a thing anyway, no matter how many game boy classics or n64 classics they try to move through them.

I mean, whats our play now...what the fuck else am I supposed to do.

Either way we have to wait. lol

Lmao and the person I spoke today guaranteed Thursday delivery. Zzzzzz this is why I don't trust anything the rep says

Man I would have screenshotted and rubbed that into the CS reps face if I could.

sonto340

I mean, whats our play now...what the fuck else am I supposed to do.

Either way we have to wait. lol

Man I would have screenshotted and rubbed that into the CS reps face if I could.
Always get a transcript sent to your email to throw back in their face later when they try to act like that didn’t happen.

LOUD915

What difference does it make? Even if Nintendo only sent Amazon a hundred units, those items should have been used to fill some of the preexisting orders.

Oh I don’t disagree at all.

I knew about the Treasure Trucks but I had assumed the preorders were just going to be a week or so late.

I definitely feel for the Amazon people. I was part of the 8/25 Walmart crew and I know a lot of people from the 8/22 batch didn’t get theirs yet.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS?

I just did all that shit, and it turned my order back to PENDING DELIVERY DATE BULLSHIT.

Seriously Amazon? This is why you forced me onto a desktop computer (for some goddamned reason) at 4:30am?

Also I never got a mail. Just went to the order status and got the update message.

Update

Wal Mart pre order (Aug 25) arrived yesterday. Item was in great condition.

I don’t get why Amazon still can’t get their pre orders out. They really need to buckle down on how many of they can deliver on and not over pre order.

I didn’t get the email. Now I don’t know what to think. Amazon has me over a barrel. Shame on me for trusting them to fulfill this order when I could have gotten one on launch day.

Top Bottom