• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So... PS5 will have the best looking games next gen for the first year(s)

We will know for sure in August once we get some of that Horizon II Forbiden West, Spider-man Miles Morales, Demon Souls Remake gameplay + whatever ammo Sony is saving.

TLOU II and Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 ... :messenger_sunglasses: If they're kings right now, I can only imagine come November with that PS5 patch.

Last edited:
I really wouldn't say that PS5 games will look better than any Xbox games. We haven't seen gameplay yet, but that early Hellblade 2 trailer was running in real time (and yes it was cinematic 4k and 24 fps, but also only UE4.25 and not UE5, so that balances out) and looks better than anything we have seen from Playstation so far. Halo Infinite also looks extremely good from the limited in-engine demonstrations we have seen (although I think only Discover Hope was real time, so eh) and I feel like when we see gameplay on Thursday it will look just as good as what we have seen from Sony's studios while also being 60fps.

I would definitely wait until you see some Xbox Series X games before making the claim that Sony's will instantly look better because the Xbox games run on more hardware

CrysisFreak

Banned
I'm not an artist. I'm a graphics software engineer.

I don't look at me downplaying Sony games. I look at me being realistic with Sony games. I think every Sony fan assumes you are bashing their game if you don't agree that it's the best. That's ridiculous but here we are.

I have played every single PS game that you mention there and I don't see it's superiority with other 3rd party games. From an objective point of view of course. When you compare technologies, there are other games that may do something better. No one game is superior to all others.

Zelda:BoTW has some amazing animations and the gameplay is one of the best I've played. I can sit and dissect all the games but that would be a waste of time.
What the fuck

Gamernyc78

Banned
PS5 will have the best looking games full stop. I don’t see anything the series X produces coming close to Horizon 2 or Spider-Man 2 etc

It's like this every gen. Sony's first party and ice team are just too talented. Their AAA productions get alot of luv. They are constantly pushing new software tech, methods, etc like when thy were the first on console to push checkerboarding then other devs startled utilizing it.

Last edited:

NickFire

I suspect that generally Xbox may have the best looking games that I actually want to play in year 1. I hope Sony proves me wrong, but I'm expecting primarily upgrades to existing games, and first party games to essentially check the box without any big blockbusters year 1. If that ends up being the case, and 3rd parties dominate, then I expect Xbox to have the best looking games in general that I really want to play. Of course, having no 4k tv, they will all look the same to me.

Banned
It's like this every gen. Sony's first party and ice team are just too talented. Their AAA productions get alot of luv. They are constantly pushing new software tech, methods, etc like when thy were the first on console to push checkerboard ING them other devs startled utilizing it.

too bad they don't have a single good game designer 🤣
they should open an animation studio for movies, there they don't need to come up with Gamedesign and gameplay ideas (not that they do that now) and don't have to copy paste the most basic and rudimentary game mechanics of Ubisoft 🤣🤣🤣

Top Bottom