• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something looks severely suspicious about Halo: Infinite...

Jtibh

Banned
What has a game being "built" for game pass have anything in the matter of the quality??

You have high budget games that made it day one on game pass. Thats why you make any sense but okay, you're absolutely right.
Name me any high budget aaa game thats on gamepass at release that is not available on any other system to offset the cost of development. Please do so.
Yakuza is on ps to offset cost as an example.

Please send me a list of all high budget aaa xbox console only game.

Thanks

Mista

Banned
Name me any high budget aaa game thats on gamepass at release that is not available on any other system to offset the cost of development. Please do so.
Yakuza is on ps to offset cost as an example.

Please send me a list of all high budget aaa xbox console only game.

Thanks
You can google them since you clearly dismiss it. Why should I do your homework?

Let me help you at the beginning with Gears 5 and Forza. You go continue your homework now

You're welcome

LordOfChaos

Apparently, Alanah Pearce said she's heard that the 5 year wait for Infinite's release has a lot to do with 343 scrapping a supposedly existing narrative after the backlash over 5, that alone taking 2 years of production

Is this why we've seen nothing about the Created plotline Guardians left us with a big cliffhanger for? Surely they can't have inconsistent baddies for three games in a row, right? After they abandoned the Didact/Forerunner plot between 4 and 5, now jumping from the Created to Banished in 6?

Jtibh

Banned
You can google them since you clearly dismiss it. Why should I do your homework?

Let me help you at the beginning with Gears 5 and Forza. You go continue your homework now

You're welcome
So no high budget aaa like tlou2 and likes.
Just sequels and also ones that were not really day one on gamepass.

Yet halo is developed with gamepass in mind for 2 bucks a month. You think they dont know how much they make on that game?
Claiming it cost 500 mill only to retract it and it shows.

You think this game would ever bring in 500 mill????

At 2 bucks a month since the average user wilk milk that option forever?

Just stop and move on. You and i are no match here.

And back to your idiot comment about oh if its psnow i would have a different tone.
The only game i play on psnow for the past 2 months is legend of kay cuz of my daughter.

Thats some good valeu i got out of it huh??

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
So no high budget aaa like tlou2 and likes.
Just sequels and also ones that were not really day one on gamepass.

Yet halo is developed with gamepass in mind for 2 bucks a month. You think they dont know how much they make on that game?
Claiming it cost 500 mill only to retract it and it shows.

You think this game would ever bring in 500 mill????

At 2 bucks a month since the average user wilk milk that option forever?

Just stop and move on. You and i are no match here.

And back to your idiot comment about oh if its psnow i would have a different tone.
The only game i play on psnow for the past 2 months is legend of kay cuz of my daughter.

Thats some good valeu i got out of it huh??
Oh so when I gave you games you changed your point now? Hilarious aren't you?

Don't waste my time with your ignorance. Good bye now, hopefully you don't find another discussion when someone answers your ignorance with evidence.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Oh so when I gave you games you changed your point now? Hilarious aren't you?

Don't waste my time with your ignorance. Good bye now, hopefully you don't find another discussion when someone answers your ignorance with evidence.
Buddy you are soo full of yourself you are a joke.

Yeah man move on and fuck around with someone else.

You just deflect when you get cornered in.

Thats ok ignore list for you it is.

Mista

Banned
Buddy you are soo full of yourself you are a joke.

Yeah man move on and fuck around with someone else.

You just deflect when you get cornered in.

Thats ok ignore list for you it is.
I was the one cornered when I provided you what you wanted? Such a deluded prick

Off you go clown, no value lost :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Pfhunkie

Phil should have pulled the plug on them after Halo 5. If the XSX fails, I’m sure the history books are going to point right to this moment as the death blow. For all the good the Xbox team has done to fix their image, 343 has undone it in a single demo.

Pull the plug, Phil. Give the franchise to another developer. We’re done with 343.

Bolivar687

Banned
Edit: This is apparently the only Halo game we're gonna be getting anytime in the near future, and that means pretty much a decade. God help us.

While I'm far from the only one to take note of the severely disappointing visuals, what baffles me, further, is how much of a downgrade it looks like compared to previous trailers and even previous Halo games. This and the Halo: Infinite we've seen in 2018 and 2019 look like completely different games.

The art style looks like it severely changed, especially looking back at the initial Slipspace engine demonstration from 2018. The world looks vastly inferior, and the poor lighting, animations and textures don't do it any favors. The art style looks like it's undergone even more severe deviations from its predecessors, inching a few steps closer to the more cartoonish appearance of free-to-play Battle Royale games. The designs on the enemies looks pretty phoned in, from the elites to the jackals, but embarrassingly bad with the brutes, and especially with that last close-up looking like a late 7th gen game.

The physics also seem sketchy. There's no weight to the gunshots, reloads, or even melees, as well as the uses of the grappling hook. It's especially apparent during that warthog jump for me.

All of that contaminates the sound design, as no weapon sounded satisfying to fire. The reload sound for the pistol at 4:24 just felt phoned in.

The writing and voice acting seem still in the realm of Halo 5's. Apparently, Alanah Pearce said she's heard that the 5 year wait for Infinite's release has a lot to do with 343 scrapping a supposedly existing narrative after the backlash over 5, that alone taking 2 years of production. The dialogue sounds pretty iffy, especially from the painfully generic bad guy speech, in the end, same with the set up, so is the delivery. The pilot especially seems like a vastly different character from what we've seen of him during last year's trailer.

This really looks like a much cheaper game than what we've seen before. Unlike other demos, not much emphasis was placed on the new engine's power. This really looks, sounds and feels like a much more phoned in game than its previous teasers and trailers indicated, and I don't think 343 would ever put this out, intentionally.

Jim Ryan's Addendum: "As we saw in today's event, the term 'development hell' resonated with the demo shown by 343i and here at Sony, we pride ourselves into making sure we keep our best and most talented cucks at the helm of our Worldwide Studios. My personal PR assistant and Kojima's personal mascot , MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima , has informed me of the following departures that plagued 343i studios over the past year or so. Please Enjoy."

DJepIO9UQAEhZXq.png

Top Bottom