• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic x Shadow Generations to be Announced this week

Draugoth

Gold Member

Among the games that may appear at State of Play, the rumor claims that there will be a "Sonic Generations Remaster". Now, according to new information from the user who leaked Metro Awakening, Sonic x Shadow Generations is the name of the game that will be announced at State of Play.

So far, nothing has been officially confirmed as to whether we'll have Sonic at the event or whether the game will actually be called "Sonic x Shadow Generations", so let's just take this as a rumor.

Saber

Gold Member
So it isn't a Generation remaster? A game just to boast sayian hedgehog supremacy lmao

Kinda make sense taking into account Sonic next movie has Shadow the clown on it.

Last edited:

tkscz

I never really cared about Shadow, his edge got really old after Sonic Adventure 2, when by the end of the game, he let go of the edgy-ness before basically dying. Sega only bringing him back because of how many people liked him.

Mowcno

Sonic Generations is one of the only Sonic games I actually like. If they remake it with additional content that would be great. Just don't ruin it.

PanzerCute

Honestly, if they flesh-out Sonic Generations including more stages and better side content I'd pay that much.
And tbh I never paid more than 40 bucks day one for a Sonic Game. Retail version ofc, but you know you are getting ripped off buying a digital game day one anyway... (well, reading some posts here, it appears many people like that?)

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
The only assurance is the game will embolden the furry community. This world is not the one we want, but is the one we deserve.

I saw a couple of them weird cunts in person for the first time a few months back. It hits different in person, the creepy feeling it gave me, it was a park where alot of dog walkers go, my 2 dogs didnt like them weird pricks either. Was odd, the normal looking 1 opened the car doors and the 2 furys jumped in as a dog would, creeps me out this place, but like you say its 100% what we deserve.

Pelao

The game already runs at 4k60fps on Series X and still looks pretty good graphically, plus it's available on PC. I wonder what else they can do with a remake, short of at least doubling the amount of content, to justify buying it again for those who play on those platforms.

BlackTron

I never really cared about Shadow, his edge got really old after Sonic Adventure 2, when by the end of the game, he let go of the edgy-ness before basically dying. Sega only bringing him back because of how many people liked him.

I still like him just from SA2 alone but yeah it's been lame ever since. Was gone the instant they put out promo art of him holding a gun when they announced his own game. Totally different character than in SA2

Belthazar

The game already runs at 4k60fps on Series X and still looks pretty good graphically, plus it's available on PC. I wonder what else they can do with a remake, short of at least doubling the amount of content, to justify buying it again for those who play on those platforms.

Maybe that's why they're seemingly including a bit of new content.

Papa_Wisdom

I saw a couple of them weird cunts in person for the first time a few months back. It hits different in person, the creepy feeling it gave me, it was a park where alot of dog walkers go, my 2 dogs didnt like them weird pricks either. Was odd, the normal looking 1 opened the car doors and the 2 furys jumped in as a dog would, creeps me out this place, but like you say its 100% what we deserve.
Don’t kink shame me! I was just out for a morning walk with my master!

Last edited:

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
pDuK0Va.jpg

00_Zer0

Someone tell me how these re-releases will be any good? Sega screwed up Origins, they screwed up Sonic Colors, and will somehow screw up this. I do not have faith in Sega with their recent remaster/re-releases. I already have the original Generations on Steam. The remaster/re-release will probably run worse, be missing features, and they will probably be stupid and put features behind a paywall. I bet they will remove the old version from all platforms and replace it with this one. So if any one ever wanted the original I would buy it now.

Codes 208

And tbh I never paid more than 40 bucks day one for a Sonic Game. Retail version ofc, but you know you are getting ripped off buying a digital game day one anyway... (well, reading some posts here, it appears many people like that?)
A game like frontiers was fine at full price since it played like a AAA game (and was easily the best sonic game in ages)

But the audacity of charging $40 for not-mania 2? Or full price for superstars? Hell nah

Last edited:

Among the games that may appear at State of Play, the rumor claims that there will be a "Sonic Generations Remaster". Now, according to new information from the user who leaked Metro Awakening, Sonic x Shadow Generations is the name of the game that will be announced at State of Play.

So far, nothing has been officially confirmed as to whether we'll have Sonic at the event or whether the game will actually be called "Sonic x Shadow Generations", so let's just take this as a rumor.

Hope this has cgi pre rendered cutscennes like the 2000s sonic games

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Sonic Generations is the only Sonic game that ever truly bored me....not interested

Sonice 06' might have been broken but I was never bored!

Last edited:
Top Bottom