• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces GDC presence, teases new technology/online service announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_nothin

Banned
- 2:30-3:30 p.m.: Mark Cerny, Cerny Games, Jon Olick, Lead Programmer,
Naughty Dog, David Simpson, Lead Programmer, Naughty Dog, "RSX Best
Practices," Room 3001, West Hall
:( probably nothing from naughty today
more than likely here on thursday at this session

tanod

when is my burrito
Also, Sony to announce USB implant into the back of your neck. They're calling it USB Version: 4D.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
The speech will focus on the
key components of Game 3.0 -- community, user-generated content,
collaboration and commerce -- all highlighted through live demonstrations
of previously un-announced services and games for PLAYSTATION(R)3
(PS3(TM)).

velocity girl defects to ps3, peter moore's lucid dream becomes lucid nightmare, omgwtf who cares

SHOW HEAVENLY SWORD AND UNCHARTED

Mmmkay

KTallguy said:
PS Home behind closed doors will be semi disappointing...
Because it's behind closed doors, or because it doesn't reach the lofty hype GAF has already assigned to it?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
he's referring to the behind closed door part I guess.
which is indeed disappointing :/

KTallguy

Banned
Mmmkay said:
Needs a 'being' in the sentence then. -_-

Grammar Police!!

Anyway, I hope I'll get a little peek at it :)

It's a shame that it's taking Sony so damn long to get their act together, but when it all comes together, usually it's pretty awesome.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Whatever :)

But I still have some hope. I mean, the whole Harrison speech seems to be about new community features. Home will be probably demoed in closer detail behind closer doors, but it will still be shown during the Harrison presentation.

TTP said:
Whatever :)

But I still have some hope. I mean, the whole Harrison speech seems to be about new community features. Home will be probably demoed in closer detail behind closer doors, but it will still be shown during the Harrison presentation.

Ah, but what are the rules on media capture during that presentation?

TTP said:

Thanks for the links. This is what I alluded to in a previous HOME-related thread. The danger of waiting too long to actually drop it when MS has two full major updates to be dropped before it arrives. Last time I listened to Mjolnir Nelson, they had King 1080p already talking about involving the community more actively in the dashboard. I was hoping this was going to be something that got dropped in the Spring.

patsu

Same here... especially everything is happening merely an hour's drive away.

But I think the rumors are correct, PS HOME probably is not ready for public use yet. If so, they should run some (closed) beta program like so many websites these days (joost.com, google mail, ...)

wotter

medium_411627159_72b48cbab1_o.jpg

:)

So when is it happening? When does it start?

I wanna read the damm live blogs and check the off camera youtube videos of it!!! :lol

B-Ri

im really excited for Phil's speech. Ive always reguarded the PS3 as an unfinished product since the day i got it, and with what ive experienced with the PSP, theyll continue to refine it, and add ton of functionality.

The possibilities of Home sound endless. It seems it could be the answer to a lot of features the competators have, and adding new ones, in one swift hit.

WHy are you guys getting so hyped for this? This HOME thing is not anything that has not been done befoe.

Use your 360 for achievement points
Use your Wii to make a customizable avatar
Use your PC to play Second Life and chat with your friends

I hope they actually announce something new that is not just a rehash of what has already been done before.

FirstInHell said:
WHy are you guys getting so hyped for this? This HOME thing is not anything that has not been done befoe.

I hope they actually announce something new that is not just a rehash of what has already been done before.

Or...

Use your PS3 to do all that under one roof!

FirstInHell said:

And use a PS3 for everything above, wrapped into one service on one device. The functionalities themselves may not be revolutionary, but for the end user it offers quite a good solution.

Tieno

It's kind of cute how Sony is hinting at 'Home'...I kind of feel bad for them with the leak spoiling their (probably) big thing.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
FirstInHell said:

:/

How is it a rehash when one system is doing all of the above? The streaming videos and music sounds cool as ice too.

theBishop

Banned
FirstInHell said:

Good point.

I think the same thing about Cellphones. I mean, c'mon, we've been making telephone calls for DECADES. And we've been walking for Centuries!

No thanks cellphones, we've already got the calling and walking covered! Why don't you try something new for once!

Tieno

FirstInHell said:

Wether this will be huge or not depends on the 'execution' which we will see the next couple of days. Doesn't really matter if the 'parts' have been done before.

FirstInHell said:

francis.jpg

FirstInHell said:

And all of that has been done before 360, before wii, and before second life.
It is about doing it all and doing it better or at least in a different way.
You believe that to have a customizable avatar I should have to log into a wii, or to have achievements that I should have to log into live?
You really need to do a little bit of google time and peek at the nature of business, with a direct focus on commercial business and competition.

Kafel

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
And use a PS3 for everything above, wrapped into one service on one device. The functionalities themselves may not be revolutionary, but for the end user it offers quite a good solution.

What the others create, we take.

Sephiroth

FirstInHell said:

Kafel said:
Retarded Sega fanboy logic hits the internets again. More details at 11.

Kafel said:

..and they keep coming

Yeah, what the hell just happened? I know the image of a troll army is tossed around a lot as a joke, but the swarming behavior on display could certainly make one wonder if there isn't something to that.

Kittonwy

Banned
SONY GIMME IN-GAME PSN FRIENDS LIST ACCESS AND MESSAGING PLEASE!!! Jeebus.
Indifferent2.gif

I know it's been rumored to be in the patch but I want DEFINITIVE ANSWERS.
Indifferent2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom