• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces GDC presence, teases new technology/online service announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busty

Banned
Wollan said:
Just calculated it. I have an alarm on my mobile set 30min prior to the keynote though (5am in Melbourne :/ ).

Kudos. However living in the UK means it starts almost as soon as I get back from work.

Despite the demise of E3 I really hope we get some internet televised conferences this year.

Nothing beats telling your girlfriend at 1 o'clock in the morning that you're getting up and leaving her alone in bed so you can watch a press conference on the net.

She ended up dumping me, wonder why? :D

Wollan

I came home stone drunk a bit after the Sony E3 keynote in 2005. Like 4am or something and I read the headline at Gamespot and saw Killzone mentioned among a lot of other titles and it ended up with me not going to bed before 11am or so. :lol

Edit: I'm not that impressed by 2 days to Vegas. Looks like a incremental step over Saints Row with better people.

Edit 2: Actually strike that. It seems much vaster in scope and the humans look alot better.

mr_nothin

Banned
Nostromo said:
probably rendered with the in game engine and then downscaled
awwww, is the poor nostromo jealous?
:p j/k...the only thing good about those screens is the lighting and reflections

Busty

Banned
DieH@rd said:
Ok, here is EU times for tommorow's Phill keynote:

19:30 - 20:30 CENTRAL EUROPEAN TIME
-1h for UK

Don't know if anyone else heard this, but there's a rumour that just as Phil Harrison is about to finish his speech, I walk on and we sing a duet of Karma Police by Radiohead.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Sony has a MASSIVE presence here and it looks like they'll have a pretty good show. At least the sessions are interesting and the keynote will be rocking. Major sign-age in the expo area.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
TekunoRobby said:
Sony has a MASSIVE presence here and it looks like they'll have a pretty good show. At least the sessions are interesting and the keynote will be rocking. Major sign-age in the expo area.
Can you elaborate on "massive" presence? Lots of ads and such or something different?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Bad_Boy said:
Can you elaborate on "massive" presence? Lots of ads and such or something different?
Lots of sessions, lots of signs, a major keynote. Nothing crazy but its substantial. A lot like last year but much more focused and outgoing I'd say.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
TekunoRobby said:
Lots of sessions, lots of signs, a major keynote. Nothing crazy but its substantial.
Ah ok, thanks. :)

Just wondering, are camera's allowed in all sessions, or is their a notice in some not to take pictures.

Busty

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
Lots of sessions, lots of signs, a major keynote. Nothing crazy but its substantial.

What does this suggest to you?

That Sony are trying to drum up more support (for exclusives or otherwise) with third parties or is this just the start of the Sony behemoth starting to move?

Just curious seeing as you're there on the frontline. :)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Bad_Boy said:

Just wondering, are camera's allowed in all sessions, or is their a notice in some not to take pictures.

According to 1up, you're only allowed film the first 5 minutes of sessions.

Seems bizarre, but it's probably linked to GDCTV and the rights to footage (they sell videos from GDC there).

Unfortunately this might mean bad things for the keynote tomorrow in terms of media getting out. Remember last year? It was weeks after before we saw anything :/ I'm hoping Sony releases their own media where relevant.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Bad_Boy said:

Gotta sign a waiver for that stuff but usually if the panel speaker won't allow cameras it they'll announce it. Filming I don't believe we can do much during the session. At the keynotes I don't believe anyone is allowed to film (aside from Sony and CMP) but we can take pictures at certain parts. I haven't run into any problems with cameras but then again all I've done was the Game Design workshop and the guys who run it are all pretty cool.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
TekunoRobby said:
Gotta sign a waiver for that stuff but usually if the panel speaker won't allow it they'll announce it. At the keynotes I don't believe anyone is allowed to film (aside from Sony and CMP) but we can take pictures at certain parts. I haven't run into any problems with cameras but then again all I've done was the Game Design workshop and the guys who run it are all pretty cool.
Sounds good. Thanks for the info TekunoRobby. Nice to have somebody on the frontlines to tell us guys unable to be there how it's like. Looking forward to seeing a lot of pictures (and video) from GDC this year.

About Sony filming their keynote, have you heard anything about what they are going to do with that film? Hopefully provide it to us non GDC folk. ;)

That was my last question I swear. :p

gofreak said:
According to 1up, you're only allowed film the first 5 minutes of sessions.

Seems bizarre, but it's probably linked to GDCTV and the rights to footage (they sell videos from GDC there).

Unfortunately this might mean bad things for the keynote tomorrow in terms of media getting out. Remember last year? It was weeks after before we saw anything :/ I'm hoping Sony releases their own media where relevant.
Yeah tell me about it, last year was terrible for media. :(
I would love for Sony to allow us to watch their keynote from home, but I have my doubts on that.

Wollan

killzone%20pic.jpg

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Tempy said:
Whatever happens, make sure you get some popcorn.

My collegue at GDC is about to attend a Sony meeting.
He just came out the MS one. Looks like Fable 2 was shown, alongside Mass Effect and Forza 2. He didnt elaborate about what he saw.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Mmmkay said:
I feel oddly compelled to quote this.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Err, I only meant that comment in reference to gaf. I mean, if there megatons the forums will go wild, followed by people who found the megaton meh, followed by flamewars, trolling, and bannings.

If there are no megatons. there will be flamewars, trolling, and bannings anyway.

B-Ri

consoul said:
GDCTV requires Conferences for Windows - Live Gold account.

i LOLed hahahahaha. I hope windows live gold does crash and burn. PC gaming has been wonderful without having to pay for online play, it shouldnt change.

Wollan said:
Well, I'm going out to buy a stash of popcorn as well as some ozone.

I'll start liking you again if you make a big fat thread on the IGN boards with the title IT IS COMING. Then again, the circular nature of the internetz would probably mean that the insano-train will come back and hit us here soon enough.

Mmmkay

Tempy said:
Err, I only meant that comment in reference to gaf. I mean, if there megatons the forums will go wild, followed by people who found the megaton meh, followed by flamewars, trolling, and bannings.

If there are no megatons. there will be flamewars, trolling, and bannings anyway.
{{{{ tempy }}}}

I was pre-empting the inevitable 5 sequential posts all quoting you and saying equally crazy things ;)

I didn't mean to imply anything by it, other than making a meta joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom