• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is my favorites but I wants to see them makes an open world ambitious as TOTK and Starfield

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i wish Sony would invest on 1st person open world games like Elder scrolls or starfield, one can hope

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
For Sony Spider-Man, days gone and horizon qualify as deep open world games. Taking out enemies in Spider-Man is like nothing else plus the action adeventure aspect, plus it’s an important super hero game.

cireza

Sony is my favourite companies and they make the mosts games I like buuuuuuuttttt TOTK and Starfield are really ambition open worlds games with NPCs and deep emergence

I wants that from Sony these games are very lived in worlds are very exciting my friends
Makings vasts games like these is actually more difficult.

If you want to have the best graphics and the most, let's say, elaborated story telling, you need to limit the quantity of content you produce.

It's okay for Sony to do their stuff and other developers to do something else.

Last edited:

ProtoByte

i wish Sony would invest on 1st person open world games like Elder scrolls or starfield, one can hope
I just can't bring myself to care about non-shooter focused first person games unless it's Deus Ex. They all have awful gameplay.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sony is my favourite companies
Lying Love And Hip Hop GIF by VH1

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I just can't bring myself to care about non-shooter focused first person games unless it's Deus Ex. They all have awful gameplay.
Sony doesnt have any 1st party open world sandbox game : (, or any WRPG

Last edited:

TheTony316

Sony is my favourite companies and they make the mosts games I like buuuuuuuttttt TOTK and Starfield are really ambition open worlds games with NPCs and deep emergence

I wants that from Sony these games are very lived in worlds are very exciting my friends

Open world with NPC's? There's plenty of that. Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon, Days Gone etc.

I'm actually glad that Sony isn't focusing too much on huge sandbox open worlds. Not a fan of "make your own story" games.

Last edited:

simpatico

Allow me to introduce you to a pair of large, lived in, ambitious open world games made by Sony studios:

fB7jFqi.jpg
O5pctIO.jpg
These are just big combat zones. Nothing to discover. No rabbit holes to go down. Oh look there's more of that enemy time and some crafting mats. Wheeee exploration.

GymWolf

Sony does its own thing with open worlds, not much emergent gamelay or vast interactions with npcs and shit like ubisoft, bethesda or zelda does, but their combat and (arguably) storytelling is eons better than zelda or ubisoft\bethesda games, you can't have everything.

They want a curated experience (for lack of better words) without the emergent chaos of a far cry\gta or people making giant penises or breaking the combat\puzzle\game like in tokt, the closest thing to a systemic open world they had was days gone and it was by far the less "polished" and with worse performances of all sony open worlds, does anyone see a connection here?
And bend said that they were about to double down on the systemic nature of the game for the sequel.

Last edited:

tommycronin

I would argue Returnal encourages creativity and doesn't hold your hand whatsoever. Housemarque is a Sony studio.
I love Returnal but it hardly encourages that much creativity. Don't get hit and learn boss patterns and plus it has roguelike elements so a lot is left to the random elements they've put in so a lot is left to luck.

Returnal itself is a very easy game if you just read what items do. There's not much you can do outside of just not getting shot and finishing the game.

I love Returnal but it hardly encourages that much creativity. Don't get hit and learn boss patterns and plus it has roguelike elements so a lot is left to the random elements they've put in so a lot is left to luck.

Returnal itself is a very easy game if you just read what items do. There's not much you can do outside of just not getting shot and finishing the game.
Eh, I agree to disagree. You can get fairly creative with parasite, artifact and item combos. There is also a lot of choice involved in powering up weapon traits.

Also the game pretty darn tough. Kudos to you if you blasted through it without powering up weapons and unlocking artifacts, but most players will find the difficulty high regardless.

Also just wanted to mention my love of the Tower of Sysiphus. To me its is probably the best free add-on I can think of and it addresses almost all of the problems I had with the main game.

Top Bottom