• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony may have just bought Housemarque

DeepSpace5D

Sorry I was thinking it was a large amount of deaths due to so many people calling it a rogue like that was too hard for some. I haven't played it so have no idea and am not watching any videos as I do plan on getting it someday.
100 deaths per player seems inflated. I played for over 100 hours of Returnal and died 27 times, to give some perspective. Of course some people will be worse at the game, but some people are for sure better than me as well.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Sorry I was thinking it was a large amount of deaths due to so many people calling it a rogue like that was too hard for some. I haven't played it so have no idea and am not watching any videos as I do plan on getting it someday.

I'm actually a rare bread for Returnal at least, finished it within the first day of release. :messenger_sunglasses: Yes, most of people seem to die more than 20 times as an avergae. 100? I think that's too much.

Not sure how many copies the game sold, but I doubt it cost more than $20M for production, or less, if Horizon ZD is reported to cost only $45M.

So assuming it already sold 400K that means it more than likely have already surpassed its production budget and now enjoying pure profits.

Sony said Returnal was successful for them and if more PS5s were out in the wild it would've done even better

Do you really think Sony would openly say that a game is a failure? Of course they will say it was “successful” using a metric like engagement by players or something.

They openly said the same thing about Days Gone and its sequel was denied and Days Gone sold way more than Returnal so far.

Also Sony LOVES to give numbers out for sales and records. We have not heard a peep about Returnal since it’s sales numbers would likely just drive people away thinking it isn’t a good game.

I know there isn’t as large of an install base but at 9 million globally and counting that’s nothing to ignore. It’s selling faster than the PS4 yet is getting fewer next gen exclusive games.

Everyone wants to say “they can’t leave the last gen behind” but why was it fine from PS3 to PS4? PS3 sold very well and had a large install base.

It’s simple. Money. They want it all and don’t care to focus on next gen only. They don’t care you just paid for a brand new console.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Do you really think Sony would openly say that a game is a failure? Of course they will say it was “successful” using a metric like engagement by players or something.

They openly said the same thing about Days Gone and its sequel was denied and Days Gone sold way more than Returnal so far.

Also Sony LOVES to give numbers out for sales and records. We have not heard a peep about Returnal since it’s sales numbers would likely just drive people away thinking it isn’t a good game.

I know there isn’t as large of an install base but at 9 million globally and counting that’s nothing to ignore. It’s selling faster than the PS4 yet is getting fewer next gen exclusive games.

Everyone wants to say “they can’t leave the last gen behind” but why was it fine from PS3 to PS4? PS3 sold very well and had a large install base.

It’s simple. Money. They want it all and don’t care to focus on next gen only. They don’t care you just paid for a brand new console.
They wouldn't mention the game at all if that was the case. And who's talking about crossgen? I'm just saying it would sell better with a bigger install base I'm not condoning crossgen though I understand it

Top Bottom