• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony patent PS5 online tournament system ahead of EVO 2021

yurinka

How much money Sony makes outta all this is pretty irrelevant to the discussion. No offense.
They are a big corporation. The amount of potential money they can do with something is the only relevant reason for them to decide if they invest on something or not. They have the majority of the FPS players playing on their platform for that reason, this is why they invest all these millions to get marketing deals with the top shooter games, which is how they achieved having more FPS fans on their console (in addition of selling twice more consoles than MS, obviously).

Another big reason why Sony dominates F2P game communities like Apex Legends, Warzone and Fortnite is because MS used to paywall F2P games. This only changed a couple months ago.
The main reason is that Sony's userbase is more than twice bigger than the MS one.

What was the last fighting game Xbox received? Dragonball Fighterz?
Not sure, probably Samurai Shodown (2019)

MvC4 PS5 exclusive
SF6 PS5 exclusive
Sony buys Arcsystemworks
Tekken x SF PS5 exclusive
All reveal at Evo owned by Sony

I remain a PS exclusive gamer for the rest of my life aside from the occasional Nintendo affairs. In our PS9 dreams. Lol
I'd love to see all this happening, but MvC4 won't exist at least until 2025, SF6 will be multi and crossgen and Tekken x SF is pretty much dead.

But I think it's likely to see there SF6, Tekken 8 and next Netherreal game announced even if only with a logo. League of Legends and Dungeon Fighter games announced as PlayStation (who knows if timed) console exclusive. Arc System Works being acquired by Sony.

Last edited:
Top Bottom